Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreign Stephen King Editions

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

I do like them!

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love these Korean editions and would order them without a moment's hesitation, but aren't these paperback editions?
    (AS I only collect harcovers I'll give them a pass....)

sk

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Do you mean the ES Cut-out HC from Heyne?

Yeah, but the picture in the book makes it look even better!
    The blood seems to be embossed, different color... and one can show his eyes through it!

Such a great picture!

(the quality of this one isnt)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

John F. Kennedy snsd is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

Default paperback editions

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post
    I love these Korean editions and would order them without a moment's hesitation, but aren't these paperback editions?
    (AS I only collect harcovers I'll give them a pass....)

sk
    You are right.

These South Korean books are paperback editions.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

There are quite a few HC Korean SK books available at Hanbooks. It is where I ordered my copies of IT. There is also an entire series of books that match along with the IT....alll HCs I believe.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Vagrant Dead frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik is a splendid one to behold frik's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That is great news. I'm definitely going to check this out.

sk

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Only Yellow and Red covers.
    Al Sarrantonio 999 + Stephen King Atlantis, still wrapped
    German publisher Piazza published only this two SK related HC books.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

(japanese covers from a japanese illustrator :
    http://www.shinsakufujita.com/what/what_Frameset.htm )
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE these Japanese covers.
    If only these would be available as hardcovers.
    I contacted the artist and hope to find out.

sk

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think at least some are. I know Riding The Bullet was. I have the Blue Lettered cover.

If you find where to buy them please let me know.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

Yes, Riding The Bullet is also in my collection - lovely book.
    If I find out more about these editions, I'll post it here.

sk

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    I think at least some are. I know Riding The Bullet was. I have the Blue Lettered cover.

a lettered one?
    Any picture? :-)

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Right on! Do you have the blue lettered, red lettered, or both covers of the Riding The Bullet.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post

a lettered one?
    I think I confused you. There was a cover with the lettering on the book cover in blue and one (otherwise identical I believe) with all the lettering/type in red.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Minor correction: Apparently from what I can find the cover with blue text is a trade edition and the red text version also has the cover picture larger and was a limited printing of 2,000 copies by Artist House. This info is just gleaned from one site though so I'm not sure on any of that. Both were unsigned/unnumbered.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

a lettered one?
    This is mine: neither signed, lettered nor numbered.

sk

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

Minor correction: Apparently from what I can find the cover with blue text is a trade edition and the red text version also has the cover picture larger and was a limited printing of 2,000 copies by Artist House. This info is just gleaned from one site though so I'm not sure on any of that. Both were unsigned/unnumbered.
    I don't claim to be an authority on foreign editions but, according to my notes, the Japanese edition is the first hardcover appearance of the story. There was an initial printing of 2000 copies with the title in red letters. It quickly sold out and another printing was done with the the title in blue letters.

Country
    Country Flag

thanks for the explaination everybody.

What is the publication date of the japanese ed?
    The french one was published at the beginning of september, with a printing being given away with a mag which issue date is : 24-30th of august 2000.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by frik View Post

a lettered one?
    This is mine: neither signed, lettered nor numbered.

sk

They were not signed, lettered, or numbered. The difference is all on the cover as far as I know. Bob posted both above. I have the same one you have and the other one coming sometime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by carlosdetweiller View Post
    I don't claim to be an authority on foreign editions but, according to my notes, the Japanese edition is the first hardcover appearance of the story. There was an initial printing of 2000 copies with the title in red letters. It quickly sold out and another printing was done with the the title in blue letters.

I'm not an authority on them either. I do somewhat actively collect foreign editions though. Anyhow I'd trust your notes and opinions on virtually anything in the King collecting world. According to this page where I found out what I know of them you are correct.

thanks for the explaination everybody.

What is the publication date of the japanese ed?
    The french one was published at the beginning of september, with a printing being given away with a mag which issue date is : 24-30th of august 2000.
    The page I linked to gives a date of Sept. 6th. I'm not sure if that's accurate though. A cursory search yielded no more info or mentions of the book and the site they link to there of where to purchase it is dead.

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

@Brice :

The Japanese are releasing a limited edition of Riding the Bullet in book form on September 6th! The run will be limited to 2000 copies. Riding the Bullet Limited
    so the french edition could be the truely first worldwide edition. Even better with the publication in the mag :-)

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

The French one may be the world's first publication, but was it a hardcover?

Anyway, I know for sure that the Dutch hardcovers were published later, in 2001. By the way, ACHTBAAN means ROLLERCOASTER.

Regular HC:

Limited edition (1000 copies) HC in green cloth:

There's also a large print HC that I don't have.

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice !

Honky Mahfah Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone is a splendid one to behold Stockerlone's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Brennen muss Salem + Eins für unterwegs German HC´s
    Both books Salem´s Lot + One for the Road are cloth-leather-bound.
    Eins für unterwegs is a small promo book.

Goldmember carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute carlosdetweiller has a reputation beyond repute

@Brice :

The Japanese are releasing a limited edition of Riding the Bullet in book form on September 6th! The run will be limited to 2000 copies. Riding the Bullet Limited
    so the french edition could be the truely first worldwide edition. Even better with the publication in the mag :-)
    I don't have actual dates or any documentation to back this up but I think the Italian CD with accompanying softcover booklet is the first worldwide edition printed in book form. At least we all bought these up at the time because that was the way they were marketed.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Stockerlone View Post
    Brennen muss Salem + Eins für unterwegs German HC´s
    Both books Salem´s Lot + One for the Road are cloth-leather-bound.
    Eins für unterwegs is a small promo book.

Wow those look great, i have to say that there are some great German editions out there!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast