Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreign Stephen King Editions

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Yeah I guessed that he wants to sell it.
    Are you getting it?
    No. I already have a Russian edition and I thought it was to expencive. He said it was very rare but I have no idea if that is correct or not. And I don't collect rare forigne books. Just one from each language.

Are you?

Lilja
    I did some quick research and couldnt find another copy of that specific book, but then I am not russian. I am not getting it either
    It's definatley old and it's probably hard to find but I'm not sure if that makes it a collectable.

Lilja

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's not a collectable book guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It all depends to whom you ask.
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It all depends to whom you ask.
    Sure, I'll give you that. For the majority of collectors it isn't I should have said.

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's weird, a few weeks ago a seller (maybe the same one) wanted to help me finding this copy. I always thougt that this book was the first ever published in the former Soviet Union, so it would be (for me) a rare copy. I already have a Russian one but I agree to let him help me.
    In the meantime I asked Jean that I didn't understand why this book was printed in 1993 while the Soviet Union excisted 'till 1991....that wouldn't be a original copy from the SU...right?
    He answered:
    No, I am almost 100 percent sure that the one printed in 1993 was the first to be printed here, and the controversy is based on the legal and social chaos reigning at that time (I think many things were marked "soviet union" till very late in the 90s, and some maybe still are... by those reluctant to accept that the soviet union is no more.
    Still didn't know what to do after this message.
    Then this guy found it, as we know by now, and wanted to sell it. He mailed me this morning and told me he had no PayPal. I told him that I only do business with him if he had an account so he is now opening one.
    Did he mentioned a price to you guys and do you have his name?
    P2

Gunslinger Apprentice picontin will become famous soon enough picontin will become famous soon enough picontin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
    Here is the cover with all names on :-)

Lilja
    What do you mean with all names on? Wich names?
    P2

Citizen of Gilead Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja is a jewel in the rough Lilja's Avatar

The names of all authors that have stories in the book.

Lilja

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by picontin View Post
    That's weird, a few weeks ago a seller (maybe the same one) wanted to help me finding this copy. I always thougt that this book was the first ever published in the former Soviet Union, so it would be (for me) a rare copy. I already have a Russian one but I agree to let him help me.
    In the meantime I asked Jean that I didn't understand why this book was printed in 1993 while the Soviet Union excisted 'till 1991....that wouldn't be a original copy from the SU...right?
    He answered:
    No, I am almost 100 percent sure that the one printed in 1993 was the first to be printed here, and the controversy is based on the legal and social chaos reigning at that time (I think many things were marked "soviet union" till very late in the 90s, and some maybe still are... by those reluctant to accept that the soviet union is no more.
    Still didn't know what to do after this message.
    Then this guy found it, as we know by now, and wanted to sell it. He mailed me this morning and told me he had no PayPal. I told him that I only do business with him if he had an account so he is now opening one.
    Did he mentioned a price to you guys and do you have his name?
    Sounds like the same person.
    Here was parts of the email he contacted me with and that sounds like your story :

"I am a dealer of rare Russian / Soviet books based in Moscow. Some time ago I sold to a passionate Stephen King’s book collector the first Russian / Soviet edition of “Carrie”. This person told me that he has searched for years for this book being it very rare. In these days I found on the market another copy and I thought to propose it to you."

I then contacted Sergey from the russian King website to confirm that it was indeed a first russian copy, and he confirmed it to me, explaining that it was published simultaneously bu 4 publishers
    > https://fantlab.ru/work289
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

I got the same mail. Seems he sent it out to a lot of people.

Lilja

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah that's him, only....he didn't sell it to me yet.
    What price did he mentioned? He said to me 50,00 Euro (around $55) excl. shipping.
    P2

Don't remember but I think it was 40 Euro...

Lilja

Gunslinger Apprentice Zidan will become famous soon enough Zidan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

When I first began reading Stephen King, it was around 2004 (when I turned 13), and while I have always been more comfortable reading in English, I always found it interesting that King's work wasn't readily available in Arabic. Popular books like the Harry Potter series were a dime a dozen at a local kiosk but King books were nowhere to be found.

Years later, I discovered that a handful of his books were translated and published by a group called Arab Scientific Publishers Inc in 2007. Among those books is Misery, which I've included below.

As far as I am aware, there are no hardcover Stephen King books in Arabic. I've personally never seen them in Egypt or the Middle East.

Another interesting note: The third image is the CP page, which states "First Edition" as well as the date, both in Gregorian AND Islamic Calendar form. Not something you see often in a King book.

Servant of Gan Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog has a spectacular aura about Roog's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very cool!

Gunslinger Apprentice dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec has a brilliant future dnemec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a bunch of King titles in various languages, but no Arabic. That's cool!

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by dnemec View Post
    I have a bunch of King titles in various languages, but no Arabic. That's cool!
    I think I might own all of the ones that exist (that isn't saying much as they are approx. 10 titles) but most are in Egypt. Will have to transport them back to Canada on my next trip.

Honestly, in comparison to the King titles in Korean, Russian, Polish, and German, these Arabic ones leave much to be desired. The workmanship and art isn't exceptional at all.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Zidan View Post
    When I first began reading Stephen King, it was around 2004 (when I turned 13), and while I have always been more comfortable reading in English, I always found it interesting that King's work wasn't readily available in Arabic. Popular books like the Harry Potter series were a dime a dozen at a local kiosk but King books were nowhere to be found.

Years later, I discovered that a handful of his books were translated and published by a group called Arab Scientific Publishers Inc in 2007. Among those books is Misery, which I've included below.

As far as I am aware, there are no hardcover Stephen King books in Arabic. I've personally never seen them in Egypt or the Middle East.

Another interesting note: The third image is the CP page, which states "First Edition" as well as the date, both in Gregorian AND Islamic Calendar form. Not something you see often in a King book.
    I've got this one too, do you heave a Persian one? I have The Body from Iran.
    P2

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't speak Persian so I never considered collecting any of SK's books from Iran. Might pick one up if the covers are appealing.

Country
    Country Flag

I don't speak it neither but I collect and have all translated languages of the world.
    P2

Country
    Country Flag

Btw, it's not in mint condition but i have one extra set of IT for sale (hence a boxset that shows that picture) :

Price & pictures of the available set on request

Gunslinger Apprentice C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about C1TIZEN_X has a spectacular aura about

Btw, it's not in mint condition but i have one extra set of IT for sale (hence a boxset that shows that picture) :

Price & pictures of the available set on request
    Can you email me pics and a price? Thanks.
    Wish List
    Christine S/L

“Everyone isn’t bad, Mama! Everything isn’t a sin!” - Carrie

Country
    Country Flag

Anyone out there have a fine German Duddits?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Anyone out there have a find German Duddits?
    Yes, I saw one last week.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    A fine copy? Where buddy?
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

At Bob’s place. :-)

Country
    Country Flag

At Bob’s place. :-)
    Lol

HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 ... LastLast