Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreign Stephen King Editions

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    1st Spanish Ed. of Insomnia.
    The DJ glows in the dark:

This is very cool! Atropos with his scissors!

Rabid Billybumbler Ruthful is on a distinguished road Ruthful's Avatar

My Mood
    Sick
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by stone, rose, unfound door View Post

Our covers are so freakishly ugly I have to buy all the SK books in English (so I can never feel lazy)
    The DT set for which you have pictures is the newest edition; mine looking a lot less nice :

I like the concept of the giant sea leading to The Dark Tower. It has no basis in the story itself, but looks very cool.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd like to see the Spanish 1st Edition of THE TALISMAN, if Ari, or anyone else, has it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll take a pic of it tonight! The HC edition was never released in Argentina. The sc was, but it's very hard to find!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I'd like to see the Spanish 1st Edition of THE TALISMAN, if Ari, or anyone else, has it.
    I'll take a pic of it tonight! The HC edition was never released in Argentina. The sc was, but it's very hard to find!
    Thanks, Ari. I look forward to seeing it.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

John F. Kennedy mate211 is on a distinguished road mate211's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Here some hungarian cover: They are...so-so.But i have to like them
    'salems lot:
    Cujo:
    IT:
    Dark Half:
    Misery:
    The stand(1):
    The stand(2):
    "Hope is a good thing,and the good things dont die!"

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

i love the book 1 of IT !!!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

On the second It there's blood instade of the boat.
    and i agree the It cover is the best.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Was It released in two parts? And do you have a pic of the second cover?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

http://sk.fps-hq.hu/books.htm
    Here's the all hungarian cover(click on the book, than it shows the different covers)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks! It's cool to be able to see foreign editions.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Look out! Lily-sai is on a distinguished road Lily-sai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Ack. Some of the Finnish covers are just plain awful. *weeps*

Gunslinger - what the heck is that red-haired lady doing there? Why, oh why?

Thank, thank Gan they changed it to this..

Pet Sematary (okay, this one managed to creep me out)

Talisman (I hate, hate this one! )

Insomnia (argh, now THIS is creepy. I always keep this out of my sight!)

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Cripes! Who's the woman with the red hair, short-shorts and the Excaliber sword?!? It looks kind of like Marvel's Jean Grey as Dark Phoenix... except for the Red Sonja sword... that's it! It's Red Sonja!

Cool, though - Thanks for posting!
    I love seeing covers from other countries!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

That cover for Insomnia is really creepy!

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the french duma key is now out.

here is a poster in Paris' metro :
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

the french comic, Dark Tower, volume 5, will be published the 27th of may :

It will conclude the Long Road Home saga.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

...And almost all the printed editions of Riding the bullet.
    From left to right, from top to bottom:

Japanesse 2nd HC edition, Japanesse 1st Limited HC edition, german SC edition, spanish SC edition.
    Dutch HC edition, Italian SC edition (comes in a Dvd box with a CD), French SC first edition, Spanish HC edition, Italian Dvd box for the book and the cd.

Hi Ari, very nice. But did you know there are actually three different Dutch editions of Riding the Bullet? There's the blue one you have, there's a large-print version with a different cover:

And there is a limited edition (1000 copies) which is bound in green cloth:

If you are interested in either one of them, just let me know. The large-print version is still for sale I believe, the limited version is harder to find but can usually be bought for around €35-50.

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Oh and by the way (for those who care ): the Dutch title 'Achtbaan' literally means 'rollercoaster'.

Country
    Country Flag

Some more Dutch covers, but first a note about Dutch editions in general: traditionally, until very recently, almost every SK book has been published as a large paperback. There are only a few exceptions, and these hardcovers have become quite collectible (for Dutch standards, at least. Not comparable to collectible USA or UK books by King of course). This trend has changed only recently, with the publication of a hardcover series of the Dark Tower and related books (all reissues, of course).

So a problem one runs into when collecting Dutch King books, is that the quality of the books themselves leaves a lot to be desired, especially with the older volumes. Most of the books that are acquired on the second-hand market have been read at least once, and it shows.

Another aspect of collecting Dutch King books is that almost every title has been published many times, by different publishers, with different ISBN's, and also with different cover variants within each ISBN. On the one hand, this makes it interesting for those who care on the other hand, it is often very unclear which version actually constitutes the first edition of a book, which makes it quite frustrating!

A last remark: I think that the artwork on the earlier Dutch King books had a very nice quality to it (maybe it's just nostalgia, since those were the books I first saw and read ) but in the early nineties, things went horribly wrong in terms of artwork. So I won't be showing any of these.

'nuff said! Here are some of the covers that I really like!

Bezeten Stad ('Salem's Lot)

This was actually the first King book I ever saw. My father had a copy and I didn't even dare touch it, it was so scary! 'Bezeten stad' literally translates to 'Possessed town'.

De Beproeving (The Stand)

Het Tweede Gezicht (The Shining)

The title of this first edition was 'Het Tweede Gezicht', literally translating to 'The second sight'. In later editions, the title was changed to 'De Shining'.

Ogen van Vuur (Firestarter)

'Ogen van Vuur' translates to 'Eyes of Fire'.

De Leerling (Apt Pupil)

For some reason, there was an explosion of books like this one in the eighties. The collection 'Skeleton Crew' was not published as a single volume at that time, and instead, there was a flood of books containing one or more short stories from the different collections. So there are books containing some of the stories from 'Night Shift', books containing some of the stories from 'Skeleton Crew', 'Different Seasons' etcetera. To enhance the confusion, variations exist of the same book with a different number of stories included ! Anyway, this book is one of these 'truncated' collections.

And some others:

Ik weet wat je wilt (I know what you need)

Dichte Mist (The Mist)

Literally translates to 'Dense Mist'.

Duistere Krachten

Literally translates to 'Dark Forces'.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are very interesting, biomieg. I especially like the cover of the Salem's Lot. I agree, that one is scary!

John

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

The title of this first edition was 'Het Tweede Gezicht', literally translating to 'The second sight'. In later editions, the title was changed to 'De Shining'.

Wow, somehow I really like this one. Thanks for sharing!

"...neither the stupid jokes nor the easy surface emotions were the truth of Cuthbert Allgood."

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Lily-sai View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post

Wow, somehow I really like this one. Thanks for sharing!

Being a fan of The Shining. I agree. Very cool

Mulleins
    Cumberland VA

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are cool, biomieg. Thanks for sharing.

Country
    Country Flag

Here be more from Finland.

The Shining - this one made me laugh at first, then I wept.

Cujo - this is an old one, one of the earlier editions. very retro.

Thinner - somehow I like this one.

The Dark Half - I like this one, too.

*still weeping over the cover of The Shining*

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, that Shining is brilliant. I mean after you've seen it you can't forget it ever.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast