Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Foreign Stephen King Editions

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Foreign Stephen King Editions

Hello People.

The idea is to post here some curious foreign editions. In my case (I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina) I'll post some local editions that worth to be here.

First:

1st Spanish Ed. of Insomnia.
    The DJ glows in the dark:

The very first spanish edition of The Stand, splitted in two volumes. Since the publisher went out of bussiness in 1982, this edition is very hard to find nowadays.

The dutch edition of Dolan's Cadillac. I really like the cover

And almost all the printed editions of Riding the bullet.
    From left to right, from top to bottom:

Japanesse 2nd HC edition, Japanesse 1st Limited HC edition, german SC edition, spanish SC edition.
    Dutch HC edition, Italian SC edition (comes in a Dvd box with a CD), French SC first edition, Spanish HC edition, Italian Dvd box for the book and the cd.

Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!! Great thread Ari, I have always been very interested in these. The covers are so cool
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Hungary (till I move to Fatu Hiva with Brice)
    Country
    Country Flag

The Hungarian editions are horrible. But I will send a pic of them with pleasure.

Roland would have understood.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Korean language IT:

damned and saved Letti will become famous soon enough Letti will become famous soon enough Letti's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wow.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Korean language IT:

Isn't that in three volumes?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it is. It was advertised on E-bay as volume 2.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

For a site that lists a couple thousand various King titles, both US and foreign:

Stephen King Book Covers

Unfortunately, these are just thumbnails, and cannot be enlarged. (Just think of how much bandwidth THAT would take!)

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I love looking at foreign Stephen King book covers.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    I think it is. It was advertised on E-bay as volume 2.
    Yes, it was. The bad thing about them being listed seperately is I won volumes 2 & 3 and someone else bought one out from under me. I can be pretty sure it will be a long time before I find volume one if I ever do.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

this arrived a few minutes ago

If you rescue me

Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thank you!

If you rescue me

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice!
    Which country?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I would guess France. It seems to be the only one in which Gerald's Game was called Jesse.

Gerald's Game Book Covers

John

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Very nice!
    Which country?
    Thanks!

It is the french Gerald's Game.

Oh, and do you need to know where to order the Korean version of Riding The Bullet for US $10.00 + shipping?

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    I would guess France. It seems to be the only one in which Gerald's Game was called Jesse.

John
    You are right. I didn't realize you'd already answered John.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Korean riding the bullet!?!?!?!
    YES!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Enjoy!

http://www.hanbooks.com/ridingbullet.html

I found it while I was hunting down the first volume of the Korean It earlier in the thread.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you know how much is the shipping (to wisconsin)?
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Do you know how much is the shipping (to wisconsin)?

It should be about five dollars a book shipped anywhere in the states. If you decide to order any of the multi volume sets though bear in mind that shipping is per volume.

If you rescue me

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post

John

yep, french leisure club ed.

someone asked me to post here the french covers... I will post the ones that i really like, and think are worth seeing...

IT:

THE STAND

THE STAND (other pocket edition.. quite nice but doesnt worth the previous one)

THE TOMMYKNOCKERS

and i will end with the set of THE DARK TOWER (revised edition and the 5-6-7 books)

------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Gunslinger Apprentice Steve will become famous soon enough Steve's Avatar

Thanks, Herbert! I love the muralistic look of those books (particularly "The Stand" and "It"). I'd forgotten Tommyknockers had one, too.

"I aim to misbehave."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar."
    -- Hoban Washburne

"What does that make us?"
    "Big damn heroes, sir."
    "Ain't we just."
    -- Malcolm Reynolds and Zoe Washburne

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the pocket editions that are really nice, were done by the end of 80's/ beginning of 90's if i remember well.. all by the same artist: impressive, right?
    the stand is absolutely AWSOME! Imagine it as a painting!
    If only the upcoming comic could be as great!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Country
    Country Flag

it decided me to go through the covers of those pockets, and see if others are worth being seen by you...
    some are:

NIGHTMARES & DREAMSCAPES

NEEDFUL THINGS

REGULATORS/ DESPERATION

FOUR PAST MIDNIGHT

Note: the covers of some editions should be going well each other.. as i am getting the pictures on misc websites, they must come from different printings and may do not going continue perfectly each other...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 43 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast