Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: General Comic Info, Questions and Help Wanted

Gunslinger Apprentice Chassit is on a distinguished road Chassit's Avatar

:?: General Comic Info, Questions and Help Wanted

The comics have started coming in...I have only gotten #3 so far so haven't started reading it (I will read them in order). I am just wondering if I should even open them up over...the condition is ...pristine and I am afraid of de valuing it, LOL. Advise or opinions please

XIX
    "See the TURTLE of enormous girth,
    On his shell he holds the earth.
    If you want to run and play,
    Come along the BEAM today."

NFA JJG 42-95

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Bah, just read them!! Then hermetically seal them away.
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the printing runs on these are so large that unless we have another war and mom's recycle entire collections for paper...it probably won't ever gain too much value.

So I say read them!!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't believe in "saving" anything for a special occasion - LIFE IS SHORT! ENJOY THEM!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Ubersnob Frunobulax is on a distinguished road Frunobulax's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Daghain--good outlook!
    My favorite bands can kick your favorite bands' asses.

The horizon is right and motionless like the EKG of a dying woman.

Gunslinger Apprentice Chassit is on a distinguished road Chassit's Avatar

Ok, sounds good to me!! As soon as 1 gets here (chomping the bit).

XIX
    "See the TURTLE of enormous girth,
    On his shell he holds the earth.
    If you want to run and play,
    Come along the BEAM today."

NFA JJG 42-95

Gunslinger Apprentice nyy3723a is on a distinguished road nyy3723a's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I think the printing runs on these are so large that unless we have another war and mom's recycle entire collections for paper...it probably won't ever gain too much value.

So I say read them!!

Yep! Pretty much the same as any baseball card printed after the early 80s - there are just too many of them out there for them to be worth anything in the long run, so enjoy them!

DT.Org's Official Sweetie Wuducynn will become famous soon enough Wuducynn's Avatar

Always buy two of something you want to both save and enjoy. So you can save one and enjoy the other.
    "It's his eyes, Roland thought. They were wide and terrible, the eyes of a dragon in human form" - Roland seeing the Crimson King for the first time.

"When the King comes and the Tower falls, sai, all such pretty things as yours will be broken. Then there will be darkness and nothing but the howl of Discordia and the cries of the can toi" - From Song of Susannah

Gunslinger Apprentice VolsToTheWall is on a distinguished road VolsToTheWall's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by All_Hail_The_Crimson_King View Post
    Always buy two of something you want to both save and enjoy. So you can save one and enjoy the other.
    That's what I've been doing with the regular covers, buying one that I just bag and store, and one for reading and re-reading and getting my fingerprints all over it.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I just renamed this thread from "Allright" to something more descriptive.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Aaron and I have been trying to buy all the variants. Does anyone know where we can look to find the "average going rate" for all of the variants.

Here's what happened to us a couple of weeks ago: I bought a few of the variants for Aaron for father's day. I got one of the sketch variants (Maybe issue #5?) for $49.99. We visited another comic book store a few weeks later and they were selling the same variant for $250. Seems like a major discrepancy there. I want to eventually collect them all (and hopefully not have my five year old run and jump on them like she did the other day), but I don't want to get ripped off.
    A true firewasp ninja would never wear such a ridiculous sweater.

There's logic in nonsense.

Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

That's an amazing difference!!

Could they simply be worth that much now?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That's an amazing difference!!

Could they simply be worth that much now?
    I would say definitely not.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    Aaron and I have been trying to buy all the variants. Does anyone know where we can look to find the "average going rate" for all of the variants.

Here's what happened to us a couple of weeks ago: I bought a few of the variants for Aaron for father's day. I got one of the sketch variants (Maybe issue #5?) for $49.99. We visited another comic book store a few weeks later and they were selling the same variant for $250. Seems like a major discrepancy there. I want to eventually collect them all (and hopefully not have my five year old run and jump on them like she did the other day), but I don't want to get ripped off.
    I would try ebay personally. Just wait on low prices.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The Decoy Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah has a spectacular aura about Hannah's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused

Thanks, Brice. Yeah, I guess Aaron was talking to the guy at the comic book store he went to and that dude told him to stay away from Mile High Comics, where the price is miles higher than everyone else's...

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Fuckin' Mile High anyway--my son is still pissed at those guys.

Gunslinger Apprentice David is on a distinguished road David's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

There's a Jae Lee signed original cover of #2 limited and numbered to 300, one of which is at my LCS which has been sitting there for a couple of months with a listed price of 30 dollars that i'll probably bag tommorrow. I believe that this is a copy of the signed series he did where he actually signed 301 by losing count and signing two of them the same number.

I'd like to find out which number is duplicated. It may not add value financially, but it would make for a good conversation piece. The one at my LCS is a lower 200 (228, if I remember correctly).

My Mood
    Amused

only $30 for a signed copy? I would think that's a pretty good deal.

Yes, Matt, Mile High can go fuck themselves. They're evil comic vampires.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

E-bay is a good reference point for pricing. In general, in my area both variants of each copy have stabilized at about $50-$60 total for the two.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    E-bay is a good reference point for pricing. In general, in my area both variants of each copy have stabilized at about $50-$60 total for the two.
    Same here as well.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hannah View Post
    only $30 for a signed copy? I would think that's a pretty good deal.

Yes, Matt, Mile High can go fuck themselves. They're evil comic vampires.
    Agreed. And I did pick it up yesterday. I'll see about posting a picture of it at some point.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice acquisition, David.

Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, seemed like a steal. Regardless of what it's worth by any appraisal, it was easily worth 30 to me. I didn't even notice until I got out of the store that there was a beautiful certificate of authenticity inside the slip case right on the back in plain site.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I also have a copy of #1 signed by Jae Lee (#369 of 499) that I got for $29.99 from my local comics store. Those are available from the website:

http://www.dynamicforces.com/htmlfil...rn&0=19&next0=

They have a wide assortment of issues available. They are also the ones that issue the Certificate of Authenticity.

As for the pricing of the variants, I don't think there is any "standard". I just got the 1:50 variant of #6 for the cover price of $3.99! I usually pay $10-$30 for them from my local store, but he gave me a break on this one.

John

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!!

These are some amazing deals.

Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast