Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Smoke and Mirrors Anyone.. Anyone...?

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

Here is what Brian posted on the Cemetery Dance thread on December 16th. I have the Limited and the Trade on order.
    __________________________________________________ ______________________
    We haven't set a "firm" pub date for Smoke & Mirrors because the signature sheets are taking A LOT longer than we had planned. They've been circulating for over a year now. Everyone in the book is signing, and all of these authors have extremely packed schedules, of course, but we are pushing to get the sheets done as fast as possible. I'm hoping to publish it during summer 2011, and I don't want to give a specific date yet until the sheets are done, but everything will be 100% ready for the printer by the time the sheets are back.

Smoke & Mirrors is an anthology of Screenplays, Teleplays, Stage Plays, Comic Scripts, and Treatments and it's my understanding that almost all of these haven't appeared in print (although the work they turned into -- like a finished comic, etc, possible has been in print) OR the original publication of the script was in a very small, long out of print venue. Here is the link for all of the details:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PROD/chizmar13

The only thing not mentioned there, I think, is that this book will have the same trim size as The Secretary of Dreams so it can preserve the original size of original documents, etc.

Thanks for asking!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman
    brianfreeman@cemeterydance.com
    http://www.CemeteryDance.com

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG is a jewel in the rough MLG's Avatar

CD's website still states that it is being signed by 'most' of the authors. Brian's post stated that it was being signed by all.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, guys. Mindy's original email back on 4/14/09 said "most" of the authors would be signing, so if Brian was correct that "all" are signing, then that would be fantastic.

A bit of good news: I searched my email and figured out that, also way back when, I did preorder a signed limited copy of Subterranean Press' completely unrelated Neil Gaiman book, SMOKE AND MIRRORS.

So I have two books I had forgotten about that are already paid for and on preorder. I love finding that out.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Like finding money in your laundry!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

From CD:
    Smoke and Mirrors edited by Richard Chizmar:
    Les Edwards has turned in a beautiful cover, which you can see on the product page. The interior design is undergoing one last proofread and the signature sheets are making their rounds. Nearly half of the authors have signed now, and we're hoping to have the rest of them sign during the next few months as their schedules allow.

Hey gang!

Sorry, I didn't know about this thread.

The signature sheets are with Frank Darabont right now, but he had to leave for preproduction in Atlanta before he could finish signing them, so hopefully he'll be back to his office soon and will have a chance to finish. After that, Stewart O'Nan and Brian Keene will need to sign... and then all of the authors will have signed!

We're sending the Review Copies out for this and Screamplays, and they are HUGE... Imagine The Secretary of Dreams (9 X 12) but twice as thick!

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

Also, I'm doing my best to keep the Production Updates page updated, but let me know if you have any questions:

http://www.cemeterydance.com/page/CDP/PRODUCTION

Best wishes,
    Brian Freeman

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just a comment Brian, but when you read the CD production update (I'll take the Woman as an example), it states:

The Woman (With Bonus Novella!) by Jack Ketchum & Lucky McKee:
    The book is designed and is being proofread. The signature sheets will be headed to the authors early next month. We'll have a firm publication date once the sheets are signed and back in our hands.

So when the casual collector checks out the web stie say in about 4 weeks (ie in early July) and they read this they might think that next month means August. But reading it today I take it next month means July. ????

I'd recommend that wehn you post updates that you include the date of the update to prvide some calirty!

JMHO
    :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Just a comment Brian, but when you read the CD production update (I'll take the Woman as an example), it states:

The book is designed and is being proofread. The signature sheets will be headed to the authors early next month. We'll have a firm publication date once the sheets are signed and back in our hands.

So when the casual collector checks out the web stie say in about 4 weeks (ie in early July) and they read this they might think that next month means August. But reading it today I take it next month means July. ????

I'd recommend that wehn you post updates that you include the date of the update to prvide some calirty!

JMHO
    Thanks! Excellent point! I can start added the dates of the updates for clarity.

Brian

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by BrianFreeman View Post

JMHO
    Thanks! Excellent point! I can start added the dates of the updates for clarity.

Brian
    The Smoke and Mirrors update still doesn't have a date listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

JMHO

Brian
    The Smoke and Mirrors update still doesn't have a date listed.
    It hasn't really changed since the last update. Still waiting on the last two authors to sign. But I've changed how we word things to be more clear as was requested. For example:

The Century's Best Horror Fiction edited by John Pelan:
    At the printer now and scheduled to be completed in January 2012.

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brian. That's what I call a quick response.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

... The signature sheets are with ...
    After that, Stewart O'Nan and Brian Keene will need to sign... and then all of the authors will have signed!
    ...It hasn't really changed since the last update. Still waiting on the last two authors to sign. ...
    So we're waiting on Stewart O'Nan and Brian Keene? Tell those boys to get on with it!

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I remember close to a year ago when I bought Legacies my first signed limited book, before this whole collecting bug bit me ... I thought they sent out all 500+ books to the homes of the authors and had them sign the signature sheets like that, lol.

Just wanted to share my ignorance.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post
    I remember close to a year ago when I bought Legacies my first signed limited book, before this whole collecting bug bit me ... I thought they sent out all 500+ books to the homes of the authors and had them sign the signature sheets like that, lol.

I was smarter than that. I figured they flew the author to the publishing company for a couple days to sign all the books.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought they just kept them conveniently stored away in a dungeon.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3 is a jewel in the rough willie3's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ShannonsMovies View Post

I was smarter than that. I figured they flew the author to the publishing company for a couple days to sign all the books.
    Like SubPress did for McCammon's "The Five".

Karl

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly! Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

But wrong the other 1,438 minutes.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    But wrong the other 1,438 minutes.
    Bingo.

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

... was his name-o.

Good news from Brian Keene today, he's making progress on these signature sheets!

http://www.whosay.com/briankeene/photos/99106

Brian
    Founder and publisher of Lividian Publications. My other website is BrianJamesFreeman.com. Please always feel free to email me or send me a PM if you have any questions about either!

And Brian is already done! Update on his blog:

http://www.briankeene.com/?p=9861

Brian

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Good news from Brian Keene today, he's making progress on these signature sheets!

http://www.whosay.com/briankeene/photos/99106

Brian
    I have to agree with Brian's assessment "That's a lot of talent on one sig sheet."

btw, I have one on order!
    Geoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast