Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dave Matthews Band

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Seen DMB 3 times, and Pearl Jam/Ben Harper/Willie Nelson once. I think this will be worth the ticket price. I have always wanted to go to an Austin City Limits anyway. This seems as good a time as any.

Wish I could go back in time and see the SRV Austin City Limits show.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Gunslinger Apprentice what is on a distinguished road what's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I use dreaming tree as well. Is there one that you couldn't find there?
    nah just checking... i have used bt.etree.org in the past but you have to give the tapers 2 weeks before the show gets posted... atlanta(alpharetta) night 2 was amazing thanks for the heads up...

I would die to go to ACL Festival this year... specially since i'm missing Bonnaroo

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

dreaming tree has been super quick this year. Alot of the shows have gone up later that very same night. Did you check out that other show yet, if not I highly recommend getting ahold of it. What's the date of the atlanta one, I'm not sure if I downloaded that one or not.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm sure you guys have heard about this, but I thought I'd post it anyways for those that haven't.

from the warehouse:
    DMB to Perform Benefit Concert at Beacon Theatre NYC on June 1st: Live Telecast on Fuse
    We are excited to announce Fuse Presents…Dave Matthews Band: Live From The Beacon Theatre! Dave Matthews Band will be performing an invitation-only benefit concert at the Beacon Theatre in New York City on June 1, the eve of the worldwide release of Big Whiskey and the GrooGrux King! The concert, presented by Madison Square Garden’s national music network Fuse and MSG Entertainment, will benefit Dave Matthews Band’s Bama Works Fund supporting charitable programs in the Charlottesville, VA area.

Fuse will celebrate the release of DMB’s eighth studio album with a telecast of the Beacon Theatre concert in high-definition and commercial-free followed by an entire week of programming dedicated to Dave Matthews Band! Fuse will air the four-part original documentary “Dave Matthews Band: The Road to Big Whiskey”, a 360-degree experience which began on April 14 as the band launched their Spring 2009 tour with a sold-out performance at Madison Square Garden. While in New York the band stopped by Radio City Music Hall for an interview with Fuse about the new album. The network then followed the band to Charlottesville, VA where they captured behind-the-scenes moments of the band’s hometown tour stop. The Road to Big Whiskey will also include footage from DMB’s electric performances during their explosive shows on May 8-9 in Las Vegas.

Time Bomb leaked today
    This song is amazing! Now I'm really excited for the new album!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fhHNRxTUc8"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fhHNRxTUc8[/ame]

only a few more days till my show, I can't wait

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Have fun Heather. I hope you get a good set.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

I had so much fun at the show last night. They really know how to put on a good show, and never seem to disappoint. Played a lot of the new songs, but I guess that's to be expected since they are promoting the new album. Here's my quick review.

Started off with PNP - Rapunzel. What a great way to start off the show.
    Next up was the debut of Alligator Pie. I was so excited for this one. It's one of my favorites off the new album so I was happy to see them play it. They did a wonderful job with it, and I'm sure this one will become a great live song by the end of the tour. Very, very solid for being the first time it was played.
    Don't Drink the Water - I hear this one at almost every show, but I still love it every time.
    Seven - When it first started, I'll admit that I wasn't overly excited. The first time I heard it I wasn't a fan, but it's growing on me. And this one surprisingly sounded pretty good live. I think they're finally finding their way with it.
    Next Willie came out and guested on Gravedigger.
    So Damn Lucky - I love, love, love the outro to this song, amazing!
    Dancing Nancies - I love this one as well. Boyd was going crazy by the end, and the audience was really getting into it.
    #41 - Excellent version. Jeff is amazing on this song. Him and Carter were going at it for awhile. Tim even had a brief little solo at the end.
    Rhyme & Reason - Another favorite of mine. A great song to hear live. I won't ever complain about it.
    Squirm - I was super excited to hear this one. After Time Bomb it's my second favorite off the new album. And the band went crazy with it. I actually got the whole song on video, but for some reason it won't transfer over to my computer Any help?
    Crush - Another great song. Can't really go wrong with this one.
    Time Bomb - This song is going to be killer by the end of the tour. So, so good, especially the end. You have to hear Timmy on this song.
    Two Step - What a way to close the show. Definitely the highlight of the night for me. Easily the best version I have ever heard. You guys must go download this one and give it a listen. Carter went into a long solo at the end that just blew everyone away. Is this something he's been doing recently? Because I haven't heard heard of him ever soloing on this one before.
    And then the surprise of the night, when the band returned for the encore they started right up with Dirty Water. It was just insane. The crowd went nuts. It caught me off guard, I really was not expecting them to play this. But was very excited when they did.
    And then they ended with Stay. Not bad. They were getting close to curfew so I think they rushed through the encore, but there was so much energy in the air from the past few songs that it was a good way to end the night.

All in all it was an amazing show. I've got tons of pics and some videos. Once I get them all uploaded I'll post them up.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Don't forget DMB fans... Tonight at 9pm, on FUSE !
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

You watching Pam?

And starting tomorrow and running till friday at 8pm they'll be airing a new documentary on the band. Broken down into 4 parts.

My Mood
    Gay

Unfortunately, I'll have to catch it in repeats.

Wish I'd been to that show with you, Heather. Read your write-up there, and it looks like a great time was had !!!

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

It was a blast

And now for some pics. Sorry they're not the best, we were kinda far away so I could only zoom in so far.

My Mood
    Gay

OMG !!!

That is awesome, Heather !!!!!

DMB at FENWAY.

( I miss Boston! )

Finally got all my videos uploaded so here you go

Squirm
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6sU6sEmF-M"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6sU6sEmF-M[/ame]

End of Time Bomb (check out Timmy on this song )
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOwCJJF8H1I&feature=channel_page"]YouTube - DMB - Time Bomb, Fenway[/ame]

Dirty Water (just missed the very beginning, I was too excited they were playing it)
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuLemlI_5mw&feature=channel"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuLemlI_5mw&feature=channel[/ame]

Allligator Pie
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQQY4cFJZxk&feature=channel"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQQY4cFJZxk&feature=channel[/ame]

My Mood
    Gay

Woowhooooo!!! Awesome, Heather!!

Dirty Water !! Yeah-baby !!!

It was pretty sweet. I was not expecting it at all. And of course being Boston the crowd just went nuts.

My Mood
    Gay

Where it was Fenway, I was thinking maybe a chorus of "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" or ... again, it being Fenway ... "Sweet Caroline" !!!

Last time they did play Sweet Caroline, and I was kinda expecting that one again. But I guess they wanted to do something different this time.

My Mood
    Gay

<-- Jealous!!

Thanks for the vids and pics though!

Here's a clip if you're curious. That was another insane moment. I have never seen so much crowd participation at a concert ever. It was just crazy. I couldn't even hear Dave singing from where my seats were, all I heard was the audience.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QaliHPq67A&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QaliHPq67A&feature=related[/ame]

My Mood
    Gay

AWESOME !!!

Just like during a game !!!

Bum bum bum - so good so good so good !!

Thanks!!

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Those are great Heather. I'm really liking Alligator Pie. I think it may be my favorite off the new album. I'm obsessed with Beachball though. I really wish that had made the album and not just the bonus cd . . .

And I agree . . . By the time they get to the end of the tour, maybe throw a couple guests in there . . . Alligator Pie is going to be insane! I really want to see it done with Robert Randolph.
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

Alligator Pie is one of my favorites as well. Robert Randolph would be excellent on it. And I would even love to see Boyd take a long solo at the end a la Grace is Gone.

But my two favs on the album would be Time Bomb and Squirm. I just can't get enough of them. And you probably don't have to worry about Beachball. They've already played it live, so hopefully they'll bring it back out some more.

What did you think of the rest of the album? I think it's a pretty solid album. I was excited that we got a studio #27. I love that song. And I was actually very pleased with the box set. I was expecting something kinda cheesy and but this set is pretty sweet. And I love the artwork throughout the whole album. Haven't gotten to the dvd yet though. I'll have to check it out soon.

Country
    Country Flag

I haven't seen the dvd either, but hopefully I will by the end of the weekend. I think the album is great. There are a couple songs I hit the skip button on, but I really like it as a whole. And there are a bunch of songs that show huge live performance promise once they start getting used to them. I can't wait for Hershey Park!!
    Are sins ever forgiven?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast