Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Dark Arts

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Sketchbook front cover:

And first page:

I was chatting to another Sketchbook Project dude on Devart and we made a pact to post/submit all our crap stuff aswell as the good bits It's tempting to only show the good, but that's part of the challenge with the Sketchbooks, you can't rip stuff out and bin it. Like, my first page there, I liked the concept I had for it but it doesn't work aswell as I'd hoped. The colours are a bit warmer when you see it irl, and you can't really see here but I stained the paper with tea.

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I don't know what you're talking about Lisa, that's amazing! I absolutely love it.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Lisa - I think that looks awesome! And you should totally submit everything - that's the whole point, to get an all-encompassing representation of the journey you took to finish the sketchbook!

I can't wait to see the whole thing!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Servant of Gan Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger will become famous soon enough Brainslinger's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I like it too. The warm colours fit well considering you're describing a childhood memory of woodland (or is it fictional? Either way it's a childhood experience).

And blue bells are magical, I agree. I have memories of visiting a woodland as a kid on a school trip and finding a small stretch full of the flowers. One of the teachers took a photo. We had it somewhere but I forget where it went. (Not that I'm posting it. I look really goofy.)

No towers though. That would have been cool.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I love it, Lisa!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Constant Reader Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts has a spectacular aura about Darkthoughts's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Cheers - I always want to put cheers geezers, because geezer means dude over here, but I know it doesn't over there
    Yes, Pam, that's spot on - and I think it's good for people who are critical of their own work to have it appreciated by others. It gives you a different perspective and stops you from trying to be a perfectionist....which I find, where art's concerned, often leads to never finishing anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Brainslinger View Post
    I like it too. The warm colours fit well considering you're describing a childhood memory of woodland (or is it fictional? Either way it's a childhood experience).
    Yes, it is a real memory - it was so cool My Dad had a knack for discovering these amazing places. This particular one was somewhere in the Rhondda Valley in Wales.

And blue bells are magical, I agree. I have memories of visiting a woodland as a kid on a school trip and finding a small stretch full of the flowers. One of the teachers took a photo. We had it somewhere but I forget where it went. (Not that I'm posting it. I look really goofy.)
    Boooooo!!

I'm glad you dig the magic of bluebells

Salvation Comes w/ a Cost OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO has a spectacular aura about OchrisO's Avatar

Lisa, that is beautiful!
    There's one hole in every revolution, large or small. And it's one word long.. people. No matter how big the idea they all stand under, people are small and weak and cheap and frightened. It's people that kill every revolution.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Chris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Been making some bags for a craft fair this weekend - I bought plain black canvas bags and appliqued designs on them. This is my favourite so far:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Created a logo for my band's fb page:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Changed the lettering:

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Lisa!

It's kind of hard to read the band name, though.

Do the graphics in each of the picks mean anything?
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I thought that too, but I wanted the name to be in white or a very pale colour at least.

No, the symbols are just made up, the top one is for me, the right for Bob and the left for Tintin - hey, if it's good enough for Jimmy Paige!

Citizen of Gilead harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan is just really nice harrison ryan's Avatar

My Mood
    Dead
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like it's been a while since you posted anything new. Share some more with us!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh hey, thanks I do have a couple of newish things, since I post it on devart or facebook I kinda forget about my thread here.

First, really into customising kidrobot stuff at the moment - this is my first attempt:

Before - mini raffy

After - rafficorn!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And this is my entry for a competition where you had to create a postcard based on the theme "Best Of Britain". Winners will be included in an exhibition of artwork celebrating the Queen's Diamond Jubilee and the ultimate winner gets their design made into a postage stamp:

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Have you made more kidrobot stuff? I loved your other one.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've got two new ones on the go, both for kidrobot contests. The first one is for the London KR shop and has to be based on the theme of London and the second is an international KR contest where you can basically do whatever. Still in the sketching process for both.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lisa, what you're doing is fantastic! bears are speechless!!

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkthoughts View Post
    I've got two new ones on the go, both for kidrobot contests. The first one is for the London KR shop and has to be based on the theme of London and the second is an international KR contest where you can basically do whatever. Still in the sketching process for both.
    Can't wait to see them! I want one

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I think I'll watch you vanish spammer. Go fuck your self.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm very excited to see what you've got cooked up for In Mint Condition. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8