Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

View Poll Results: Best Illustrations in a Published Work Award

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Dark Tower (Michael Whelan)

15 62.50%
  • The Stand (Bernie Wrightson)

2 8.33%
  • Cycle of the Werewolf (Bernie Wrightson)

1 4.17%
  • Black House (Rick Berry)

6 25.00%

Thread: FINAL: Best Illustrations in a Published Work Award

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default FINAL: Best Illustrations in a Published Work Award

As nominated by our membership in the nomination round, please vote now for the artwork you feel should win the award for Best Illustrations in a Published Work. Samples of the artwork are available at the nomination thread.

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Some great choices here. Some really great choices, but it's gotta be Whelan. I love Wrightson's work, but Whelan put the hammer down with The Dark Tower.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

I don't remember any black house Illustrations, and i can't find them anywhere

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    here

that's what bears voted for

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goldmember Melike will become famous soon enough Melike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    here

These are amazing.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    here

well, that won my vote

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I know I haven't read this book but I'm voting for Black House. That artwork is amazing.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

had to go with Dark Tower.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I just love Michael Whelan's work. It had to be DT for me, too.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

The poll has closed and the winner of our inaugural Best Illustrations in a Published Work Award, receiving 15 votes (62.50%), is:

The Dark Tower