Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What would you ask Stephen King?

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I would ask him gently to sit the frack down and
    (major DT spoiler)
    Spoiler:
    write the next "loop"

more serious: I'd ask the universally dumb question "How do you do it?". And no reply would satisfy, I'm pretty sure.
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    more serious: I'd ask the universally dumb question "How do you do it?". And no reply would satisfy, I'm pretty sure.
    The only correct answer is with a pen and paper...or in modern terms a word processor/comp.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    The only correct answer is with a pen and paper...or in modern terms a word processor/comp.
    I think most towerjunkies (whether they liked or didnt like the ending which i for 1 did) would rather ask "How could you do it?"
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

...excepting me.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Fishonabike View Post
    I would ask if he ever noticed the similarities between Roland and the character in the song Behind Blue Eyes by The Who.
    I ain't seen you around in forever. It's good to see you.

If you rescue me

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If I were to see him today I would also ask a very simple question. Do you have the DT series in Romanian? Brice, Letti, or any of my fellow overseas King lovers, do you know if it has been translated into Romanian? I have made a friend very curious. He does speak english, but not well enough to read entire books I think.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I will check. I try to collect some foreign editions, so I'll see what I can find. Unfortunately I'm thinking there isn't a Romanian DT series yet.

If you rescue me

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Brice. If you do come across any other King that has, let me know. This guy is usually only a reader of Euro classics, but I have convinced him to give King a shot by teasing him with a few snips of stories. Like Odetta and the china plate.

Along the Path of the Beam Fishonabike is on a distinguished road Fishonabike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fishonabike View Post
    I would ask if he ever noticed the similarities between Roland and the character in the song Behind Blue Eyes by The Who.
    I ain't seen you around in forever. It's good to see you.
    Thankee, Brice! It's good to be seen.

Citizen of Gilead Empath of the White is on a distinguished road Empath of the White's Avatar

Insomnia spoilers
    Spoiler:
    Who is the green man Lois saw? Who was possessing Old Dor?

Did you ever have those times when you knew what you wanted to write but were...I don't know...afraid because of how big your vision for the project was?

Let the Right One In CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface has much to be proud of CyberGhostface's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Empath of the White View Post
    Insomnia spoilers
    Spoiler:
    Who is the green man Lois saw?
    Spoiler:
    I thought it was a manifestation of the Turtle.

As for what I'd ask King...

DT7 Spoilers

Spoiler:
    Honestly, I'd ask him what heck was up with the way he killed Flagg, and if he would ever have Flagg appear in another book to get the bad taste out of my mouth. (Alright, I wouldn't say that last part...)

Cue the obligatory, "Hyuk hyuk, oh that Cyber, hyuk hyuk", but that's what I would ask him. Did he have it planned all along? Was this a last minute thing?

That, and "How does it feel that your son is kicking your ass right now?"
    A hound will die for you, but never lie to you. And he'll look you straight in the face.

My Collection

Traveler proverbs32 is on a distinguished road

Country
    Country Flag

I would ask him if he feels that booze and drugs "helped" him creatively to write?
    And if he had the chance would he of stopped abusing himself?

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by proverbs32 View Post
    I would ask him if he feels that booze and drugs "helped" him creatively to write?
    And if he had the chance would he of stopped abusing himself?
    When he was younger of course

Country
    Country Flag

Apart from "Rage" is there any other books he wished he never written?.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

What is his favorite comedy and would he ever write a comedy-style novel.
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Don't. Get. Married. Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon people like to rub elbows with me Shannon's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

I would ask him if he has a Stephen King collection. If so, what is it comprised of?

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ya Think - Shannon!

We all know he probably has "most, but not all" of the stuff that Bob (Carlosdetweiler) has!

I'd ask Sai King, "What would you really like to do to fans that ask stupid questions?"
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Army of the 12 Monkeys pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle is a glorious beacon of light pathoftheturtle's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I'd ask Sai King, "What would you really like to do to fans that ask stupid questions?"
    Oh, like he wants to spend his time making up horrible things to do to people.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

It's what comes natural to him! :-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Demon of the Prim blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne is just really nice blavigne's Avatar

My Mood
    Sad
    Country
    Country Flag

Good Question Shannon!

"Head Clear. Mouth shut. See Much. Say little." Roland Deschain

"Go your way, I'll take the long way 'round. Ill find my own way down, as I should." Ben Howard

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

How many trunk novels does he have? And will we ever see any of them?
    Sloth Love Chunk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2