Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween! (post pictures!)

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

I want to be an energy being...wait I am! but how to get others to see my light?

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I'm going to be an escaped inmate from Arkham Asylum (double reference there, so I love that!), complete with barbed wire wounds and still shackled to part of the arm of another inmate.

Mr. Woofer's doing a variation on the dark jester. He's going to apply a half-face skeletal appliance under his mask so that when he takes off his jester's mask the top of his face is a skeleton.

The two girls I'm going to Screamfest with will be June Cleaver (who lives up to her name) and a Vampirate.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

My best costume was probably back in high school . . . I was The Crow (Eric Draven, the one, the only and the original) not any of those stupid ones that came after. I did all my make-up myself and everything. It was bad ass.

But a couple years ago, I was Space Ghost. It was hilarious. It had this padded foam chest with all the muscles and abs carved in it. Hahaha. If I can find some pictures, I will post them. They're funny as hell.

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I would love to see pictures of that. The Crow sounds great!
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Sadly, I don't know if any pictures exist but one year in high school I went as Bill S. Preston Esq. I tried to convince my friends to go as Death and Ted but they wouldn't do it.

I had the backwards red hat, yellow shirt, green&black flannel and adidas shoes w/red laces.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

best costume i did? Hockey player. On roller blades, back when i was 12.
    i ended up skating down the sidewalk at high speeds, and swung my hockey stick and hit another kid in the face while doing so. it was funny.
    his big brother tried to make me apologize, then give him my candy. i hit him somewhere else. it was funnier.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kidd Ikarus is on a distinguished road Kidd Ikarus's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm Space Ghost and my friend is Marc Antony. With all due respect, his girlfriend was Cleopatra, so it was understood. Haha
    Attached Images
    Are sins ever forgiven?

For those who loved this world... and knew friendly company therein. This Reunion is for you.

http://www.zazzle.com/Kidd_Ikarus*

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Halloween!

I've been thinking a lot about Halloween lately (mostly due to my Great Costume Debate of 2009) and I thought, hey, this could be a really fun discussion.

So this thread is for your Halloween plans. Costumes, pumpkin carving, parties, fun ideas, things you love to do every year, etc. etc. Go nuts!

Right now I'm thinking for a costume to do a kind of old-fashioned masquerade kind of outfit... like fancy dress and a mask, not really a costume in the sense of "I look like something" per se, just a rocking outfit. Not sure how much that will cost though.

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

We're gonna pay someone to get us a 24 pack of beer, then get drunk, set a house on fire and beat the shit out of the guy that lives there with baseball bats. God I love Flint.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

ka-mai, there's this manufactured costume ball costume on ebay.

This page is an excellent source for costuming resources, including information on how-to and Halloween crafting, online.

However, you can put one together with very little monetary output. If you can find a good bridesmaid or prom dress at a thrift store near you, you can build your own cardboard and wire hanger bustle. Accessorize with a fancy, accordion-type fold fan and layered choker faux pearls, the right type and length gloves, and an appropriately cool hand held mask. I can just see you now...

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

That's pretty cool... I'm thinking more red and black or something, but it is pretty close to the look I'm going for.

As for the Ebay dress... I'm not a medium. That's the other problem, when shopping I can usually find what I want... in a normal-people size. Stick-people sizes are hard to come by. But thanks for the idea.

shrewd and knavish sprite flaggwalkstheline will become famous soon enough flaggwalkstheline's Avatar

My Mood
    Paranoid
    Country
    Country Flag

either my brother, myself and 4 of our friends are gonna go trick or treating with each of us dressed as a different incarnation of david bowie (I called dibs on ziggy) or my girlfriend and I will get drunk BEFORE the kids show up wanting candy, that'll be a good time
    if the worlds gonna end then let's get it over with, i got shit to do

'til the end of the world rosie real is on a distinguished road rosie real's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    We're gonna pay someone to get us a 24 pack of beer, then get drunk, set a house on fire and beat the shit out of the guy that lives there with baseball bats. God I love Flint.
    and this is different from every other day in flint how exactly?

. . . but i'm paralyzed with not caring very much.
    ~ spike

My Mood
    Worried

You're very welcome. I hope you can find something that you can with. I'd definitely keep checking ebay, too. With Halloween this close, people will be tossing more and more costuming bits up for auction.

I do know of a few other places good places online, but they're not inexpensive, spur-of-the-moment costuming quality or price. These places make clothing, jewelry, and armor geared more to the SCA, Ren Faire, and historical and theatrical societies. The Uruk-Hai armor that Mr. Woofer bought is authentic leather armor made by Schmitthenner Armoury. They don't carry that particular line any longer.

Mr. Woofer, the Uruk-Hai:

(Note the makeup sweating off around the neck. We had to keep reapplying all night. If we did this one again, we'd extend the prosthetic down to the neck or at the very least use liquid latex. Makeup would usually suffice in this instance, but since it was Florida and a particularly warm Halloween and he was wearing leather from head to toe... You get the idea. Lesson learned.)

I was a Pirate of the Caribbean in the moonlight:

You can see that even I'm sweating off a bit of it here. Always keep your makeup around for touch ups.

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Woofer, those costumes look great, I like to orc!!!

I am not doing anything for halloween, except take the girls trick or treating maybe

My Mood
    Worried

Thanks, Milissa. If we don't feel like going out for the night, we'll get dressed up just to give out the candy and then maybe grab something at a fast food place. Just because.

By the way, when will Chad be back?

Otter of the Prim cozener will become famous soon enough cozener will become famous soon enough cozener's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll be taking the kids trick or treating. Not sure what they'll be. They might go as Buzz and Woody. They might go as Darth Vader, yes...the both of them. They have matching costumes and red lightsabers. They have a lot of costumes though so its hard to say what they'll end up going as. We're into costumes in this house. I used to be much more into Halloween myself but that kinda tapered off after the kids came along.

My Mood
    Worried

Darth Vader and his evil twin, Garth Vader. PICS PICS PICS!

Quote Originally Posted by rosie real View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    and this is different from every other day in flint how exactly?
    cuz we get to beat the shit out of them wearing a mask.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Do they get a mask too?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead tamez is on a distinguished road tamez's Avatar

:rose:

going to a kick ass party on Friday and hitting 6th st. in Austin on Saturday
    and i'm going to be Egyptian
    I have everything but a dress... I bought *A* dress but it is going
    to be too cold to wear it as it is not made of much material.
    i may buy another dress or some fabric to add to the one i already have.
    btw the shoes and the snake headpiece are AWESOME
    i need to figure out how to do my makeup
    There are other worlds than these.
    "You brought your bitch to the Waffle Hut?"

"(859): You were wearing a sombrero. And a crown. And told me to use the nerf gun to protect your room from the cat. You don't have a cat."
    ~ texts from last night

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Do they get a mask too?
    they get to dress as a mummy for several months afterward.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ooooh! I'll bet they'll like that.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Worried

Oh Tamez, you're going to be too hot.

Here're some Egyptian makeup tips. More tips here.

Instructions for Applying Traditional Kohl Eye-Makeup

1. Dampen the stick.
    2. Twist it in the kohl until the makeup adheres. (Give it a little shake or a tiny flick of the wrist so that the excess drops off.)
    3. Place the kohl stick in the inner corner of your eye.
    4. Close your eyes (lightly- don't squish them shut- you'll distort the line)
    5. Gently draw the stick outwards, between your closed lids: the kohl will leave a smudgy line on both the upper and lower eyelids.

* A genuine kohl stick should have a slightly rounded bulbous end, kind of like a polished wooden q-tip.

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

DBF and I are having our annual Halloween party. I have an idea for a costume but I'm not sharing it yet.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast