Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: turtlex

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Oh, I don't know - I think I'd appreciate it if it was HUGE, as well.

I mean, that's the point of a collection, right? To add to it and build it with things that hold meaning for you?!?

I got the signed LSoE in the mail today. I ordered the same day I got the email saying I could do so.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    Oh, I don't know - I think I'd appreciate it if it was HUGE, as well.

I mean, that's the point of a collection, right? To add to it and build it with things that hold meaning for you?!?
    You know what I mean, when it's small, you appreciate whatever you have which than allows you to build on it.

Ok, maybe you don't know what I mean.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Gay

I do.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Again, congratulations, Pam, on your first King Signed Limited!

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks, Patrick. I'm still walking on air over it.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ricky, re your previous statement: We all want you happy and want you to be able to FULLY appreciate your collection. You can find many of our addresses in another thread around here to increase your appreciation.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Gay

Two recent CGC comics I am very proud of.

Sorcerer One-Shot Graded 9.9 !!
    As of this date - the only one available and none graded higher!

Marvel's Best-Selling Authors Sampler - DT Cover

Intestingly, the Marvel's Best-Selling Authors Sampler isn't recognized by the Collector's Society as Dark Tower series book.... so it's kind of hard to find graded.

My Mood
    Gay

I won these great signed comics from the Haven Auction.

The Stand Comics - signed by artist Mike Perkins!

My Mood
    Gay

I am humbled by the generosity displayed during the Haven Fundraiser.

Thank you so much, Dave!

Little Sisters of Eluria, Signed Artists Edition # 2438

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice, Pam.

John

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Pam, I love those comics, especially the ones signed by Perkins. Congrats on the LSOE AE! It's a beautiful book.

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks, guys!!!

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sure you're thrilled to own those CGC-graded books knowing what a collector you are of them. I can see why "Marvel's Best" isn't strictly considered a DT comic, it's more an advertisement for a lot of their products. Good for you for tracking one down.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Gay

An amazing new addition to my Dark Tower collection - an original drawing of Roland's hawk, David by Liisa ( Lily-sai ).

These photos really don't do it justice. It's remarkably beautiful.

Thank You, Liisa. You've touched my heart with your generosity and talent.

Close-ups :

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Gay

Not DT related, but a wonderful gift from my girlfriend.

Gene Kranz's book - Failure Is Not An Option

Gene's signature and personalization to me!!!

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Pam!

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I love personally inscribed books! Nice present, Pam.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Gay

I've been a bit of a space nut since I was a kid, so this was a great and wonderful surprise for me.

Thanks, gents.

Hankerin' for poundcake gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec has a spectacular aura about gsvec's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

A belated thanks to our ninja gifter in residence for some very cool bookmarks!

This collecting stuff is a sickness! ~Patrick

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

We love the Apollo 13 story and that book is freaking awesome!!! I just love the title! Resounding.

Congrats!

My Mood
    Gay

Many, many thanks. I absolutely love it.

My Mood
    Gay

This is not a book, but it's my newest collectible.

An original piece of comic art - From Detective Comics 854, page 10.

The artist is JH Williams III and I asked that he sign the page for me.

Detective Comics 854, Page 10 ( Batwoman # 1 ) :

The original comic art photographed with the published comic page, for size relation :

A close-up of the artist signature at the bottom of the page ( please pardon the weird lighting - the page is pristine white ) :

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You really have a nice collection... and are a completist of the Dark Tower comics...
    (cf the King Collectible Catalog, with the french, dutch and other foreigner editions)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

My Mood
    Gay

Thank you!

And... My foreign collection of DT comics will continue to grow - I just got a set of DT comics from Italy. I'll take some photos soon.

I have some from Norway and Finland enroute!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast