Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Book Collection: turtlex

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Default Book Collection: turtlex

Thought I would take some time to document my collection. It's humble but loved.

This is a boxed set of hardback comics, released in France. La Tour Sombre. The box for the set is in the center, back row. It's very cool and oversized. Special thanks to herbertwest for pointing these out.

My Jae Lee autographed comic. My favorite Jae Lee cover, too. This was signed by Jae Lee at the DT Gathering 2008 in Las Vegas and was gifted to me by wizardsrainbow.

My Lee Bermejo autographed comic. My favorite all time cover. This was gifted to me by oy-the-brave.

A quick note here - the above signed comic books are now framed and hanging in my home. I cherish them both and cannot express properly the thanks and sincere appreciation I feel for having received them. wizardsrainbow and oy-the-brave truly have touched my heart with their selfless generosity.

My 2009 Haven Fundraiser auction wins.

My Book Market Variant copy of Gunslinger Born Issue # 1 - CGC Graded 9.8 - a prized variant issue and hard to find graded this high.

UK Edition of Wizard and Glass

UK Sphere Edition of The Waste Lands

The Gunslinger - Third Printing. A gift from my girl.

I will post more of my collection soon.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Nice very nice!

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks, Linda.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

aka lindakins alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda is a name known to all alinda's Avatar

My Mood
    In Love

Oh no , thank you Pam ( I am reminded of Chip and Dale)

The answer is within

all matter is energy, all energy is GOD

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Pam. I can't wait to see what else you have!

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

the french set at the top of the topic :-)
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

My Mood
    Gay

I keep watching amazon.fr for the next set... so far, they just have a # 4 available, and nothing mentioned about a next possible box set ! I'm going to hold off in hopes they box up a three volume set to go with this one.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

you know what? i'll let you know when i get further informations.

So far, I know that the volume 5 is planned for may (it may change though.. it was written within my review copy of the volume 4)

So still have 2 more volumes to be published before the next set? Maybe in 6 months then? But I've found this set by accident : i didnt know it was published!
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great stuff, Pam. I look forward to seeing more of those CGC-graded comics that I've been hearing so much about.

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    you know what? i'll let you know when i get further informations.

So far, I know that the volume 5 is planned for may (it may change though.. it was written within my review copy of the volume 4)

So still have 2 more volumes to be published before the next set? Maybe in 6 months then? But I've found this set by accident : i didnt know it was published!
    Awesome! Thanks. I check the amazon site frequently, but who knows what I am missing with my limited knowledge of the language!

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    Great stuff, Pam. I look forward to seeing more of those CGC-graded comics that I've been hearing so much about.
    I will be putting some up soon! Thanks, Patrick!

Country
    Country Flag

further details about the french comics

dark tower, volume 5 : planned for may. volume 6, planned for october.

My Mood
    Gay

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Merci, merci, merci !!!

My Mood
    Gay

Some more of my humble collection :

The Waste Lands : Advanced Readers Copy

And shown below... MY FIRST EDITIONS
    • The Gunslinger: First Edition. Signed by M. Whelan at PalaverCon in NH.
    • Drawing of the Three: First Edition. Signed by Phil Hale at PalaverCon in NH.
    • The Wastelands: First Edition.

• Wizard and Glass: First Edition.
    • Wolves of Calla: Signed Artist Edition. Signed by artist Bernie Wrightson. Still in original publisher shrink wrap.

• Song of Susannah: Signed Artist Edition. Signed by artist Darrel Anderson. Still in original publishers shrink wrap.
    • Dark Tower: Signed Artist Edition. Signed by artist Micheal Whelan.

Last edited by turtlex; 04-09-2009 at 02:39 AM. Reason: Spelling

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice Pam!

If only you can get Ned Dameron to sign your copy of the Waste Lands, and track down Dave McKean to sign W&G you'll have a very impressive set!

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks, Eric.
    Yeah, I'd love those signatures, for sure.
    Just thrilled to have this set at all, actually.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice, Pam. If you get the chance, you should try to get Ned Dameron to sign both your ARC and your first! That would be really neat!

John

My Mood
    Gay

John - An excellent idea! Thank you.

ETA: If anyone knows how to get in touch with Mr. Dameron... please PM me. Thankee, big-big.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet first editions and ARCs, Pam!

My Mood
    Gay

Thank you, Patrick. I really do love them.

Goldmember NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings is just really nice NeedfulKings's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Very nice! You've got some rare stuff there. And I love your DT collection. Let's see more!!!

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Agreed! More, Pam, more!

My Mood
    Gay

More coming soon, I promise.

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Wow, great collection!

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks all. I am going to try to get some more stuff documented this weekend. I have a complete DT Gunslinger Born CGC'd set now!

Palaver Castle Chef mia/susannah is on a distinguished road mia/susannah's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Pam, love the collection. Thanks for sharing. I am so jealous!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast