Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Closed Thread

Thread: A Guide to Dutch Hill and the Mansion (please check before starting new threads)

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Default A Guide to Dutch Hill and the Mansion (please check before starting new threads)

Pre-existing threads in Dutch Hill

General

What are you currently reading? Share with us what book(s) you're reading right now and how you're feeling about them.
    Top ten favourite books. Lists are hard. Take a look at everyone's favourites and share your own.
    Favourite non-Dark Tower series. For those of you who prefer your books in mass quantities.
    Books you could never finish somehow... Everyone says it's awesome, but you're just not feeling it? Let us know!
    Your favourite childhood books. Ah, memories.
    Noir detective fiction. Yeah...see?
    Judging a book by it's cover. Because, sometimes, a picture really is worth a thousand words.
    Book list 2009. This is what we've all read so far this year. Check out years past, too. 2008 and 2007.
    The Ultimate Baddie...who scares the pants off of you?
    Non-King Horror Authors. I'm thinking the title pretty much tells you what you need to know.
    Historical Fiction. I really don't have a clever bit for this one.

Individual Authors

Adams, Douglas: so long and thanks for all the fish. a thread dedicated to the works of the late, great douglas adams.
    Auel, Jean:
    earth's children series.
    jondalar and ayla and cavemen, oh my!
    Bradbury, Ray: discussion of the master.
    Brooks, Max: world war Z. zombies, the apocalypse and general awesomeness.
    Dick, Philip K: philip k dick. a master of speculative fiction. are you a fan?
    Feist, Raymond E: too many series to name.
    Hill, Joe: joe hill. spawn of the reason we're all here, but amazing in his own right.
    Jordan, Robert: the wheel of time. to quote member ManOfWesternesse: "Rest In Peace - Robert Jordan. You were a hell of a writer."
    Kafka, Franz:
    kafka.
    dark? yes. depressing? most definitely. still love him? of course you do!
    Koontz, Dean Koontz, I know, but why not?
    Lovecraft, HP: lovecraft. so great his name is used to describe things terrifying. also, cthulhu. 'nuff said.
    O'Neal Gear, Kathleen:
    people of the...
    this is for the people of the...oh, wait...that's not right at all.
    Palahniuk, Chuck: Chuck Palahniuk thread the first rule of Chuck Palahniuk thread is...
    Poe, Edgar Allan Poe
    Pullman, Phillip: phillip pullman and his dark materials. books are so much better than movies.
    Pynchon, Thomas: thomas pynchon. sure, he's a recluse, but he's got his very own thread here at the dot com.
    Vonnegut, Kurt:
    kurt vonnegut.
    do i really need to say any more?

Serial Threads

Card, Orson Scott: Ender's Saga
    Goodkind, Terry: The Sword of Truth Series
    Herbert, Frank: Dune
    Lindsay, Jeff: the Dexter series
    Martin, George R.R.: A Song of Ice and Fire
    Meyer, Stephenie: The Twilight Saga
    Pratchett, Terry: Discworld
    Rowling, JK: The Official Harry Potter Thread
    Tolkien, J.R.R.: Lord of the Rings

to our members: if you see any glaring omissions (or just have a favourite DH thread you'd like to see included), please feel free to PM me with a link, and i'll do my best to get it added to the list. thank you!
    Last edited by Odetta; 10-28-2010 at 10:56 AM. Reason: updates. dur.

Closed Thread