Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Ned Dameron, Artist

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Opening bid of $500.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks Jerome.....I don't know if the buyer is a member here or not as I do not recognize the name.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    The remarque that ended today (stork-thing) is sold to a buyer I do not know.

Next up....Eddie & Susannah (later this week).
    He's a member over at the Haunt - you shouldn't have any problems with the sale.

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

That's good news...I think that one 'deserved' to sell at $500, given the unique, yes, but not exactly fan-favorite stork subject matter, but I'm also glad that somebody unrelated to the usual suspects here stepped up to get it.

I think Eddie/Susannah will go for something decent...$650? $700?

I will see what Blaine looks like...if there's one with a chance for me to bid, it's that one.

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by e_taylor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    The remarque that ended today (stork-thing) is sold to a buyer I do not know.

Next up....Eddie & Susannah (later this week).
    He's a member over at the Haunt - you shouldn't have any problems with the sale.
    Oh I was not implying that I had concerns about the sale....just pointing out that he was not one of the usual suspects (as Rahfa called them above).

I asked where he had heard about the remarques, and he told me he first through Lilja, and then through Horror Mall (thanks for that Eric).
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Still do not have the latest two remarques....I would think no later than tomorrow.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats you and Ned on the stork-thing sale, and the buyer on the purchase. I really liked that one.

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Any idea of the value of one of the 2000 DT III Wastelands Portfolios signed by Dameron?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post
    Any idea of the value of one of the 2000 DT III Wastelands Portfolios signed by Dameron?
    About $30 as it is still available from Donald M. Grant books.
    Link

Gunslinger Apprentice F1racefan is on a distinguished road F1racefan's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by F1racefan View Post
    About $30 as it is still available from Donald M. Grant books.
    Link
    Thanks! Those are pretty cool and saw some on Ebay for $99. I think I will get a set.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do yourself a favor and get one! One of my favorite SK purchases for sure.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

The next two remarques are here...and they're REALLY good!

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Servant of Gan e_taylor will become famous soon enough e_taylor's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Awesome!

Only the picture of the book itself is showing up in the listing right now though - no remarque photo.

EDIT - now I see the note in the listing, my bad!

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Auction now has images.

This one will go up for sale after Eddie & Susannah.

I am really impressed with both of these.

I just might be placing a bid on one of them myself!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

And they even have red eyes....

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Rabid Billybumbler Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold Rahfa is a splendid one to behold

Seems like they're getting a little more elaborate as time goes on...

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Very nice indeed! And as I am going to Maine on Monday, I will tell everyone that I have my snipe in place on the Eddie & Susannah one, cause I really want that one.

I got my preliminary drawings from Ned yesterday and a very nice testimonial which I will post hopefully before I leave in a couple days.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Those are great, tippy. Nice work yet again, Ned!

Wiz, looking forward to your story upon your return.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Hmm...

I really like the last pictures. Btw...you can't bid on your own auction,Rick. Because I might just bid on it.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah well, who needs sleep these days. Everyone else is in bed, so I might as well post these pics and story.

Ari posted some pics that Ned Dameron sent him of some preliminary work Ned did for Dark Tower III The Waste Lands. I was interested in purchasing the Roland and Susannah prelims, so I called Ned and we agreed on a sale price. Well, I sent a check and letter out last Friday and I don't think he had received it yet before he sent the goods to me FedEx on Monday. When I spoke to Ned, he yold me that these Roland prelims were based on Clint Eastwood and is infamous smirk/smile which Ned was trying to capyure. Donald Grant didn't much like the look, so Ned ended up redesigning Roland after seeing Chuck Connors in a movie. The Susannah sketches were in fact a prelim of the painting that actually made it into the book "Hold me still, Roland." Ned told me that Susannah was based on a Silver Springs schoolgirl that Ned saw getting on his bus one day. He was taken with her face and hairstyle, so he used it as his model of Susannah.

The sletches came encased in two pieces of thick foam core taped together. The sketches are taped securely inside and each sketch is covered in transparent parchment paper, which I have yet to remove (and I do not plan to at present). So you will have to be satisfied with my pics that are covered. Ned also sent me a letter/testimonial which I have included. I covered up his phone number, as he is kind of a private man and to respect that. So here are several pictures"

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Great story, David, thanks for sharing. Congrats on adding these preliminary drawings to your collection.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow!

John

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, David!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Ned told me that Susannah was based on a Silver Springs schoolgirl that Ned saw getting on his bus one day.
    I found it interesting that all the work for DTIII was done in Silver Spring and Jake was modeled after one of his artist friend's son from Takoma Park. All very quite interesting, I thought.

Too bad he doesn't live here in MD anymore.

Anyway, as usual, I'm jealous of your new items.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 53 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast