Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Ned Dameron, Artist

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Artist: Ned Dameron

Not sure if this is the right place to post this topic. If Admin. wants to move it to a more suitable place, that's cool.

Would anyone happen to know if Ned Dameron has a website? I've searched for awhile now and can't seem to find a website or any contact information whatsoever. I really want to write to him, as I love his work with DTIII, but I cannot find any info.

Any help or knowledge is greatly appreciated.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Ricky, a quick search yielded nothing for me. Some other member will surely help. If nothing else, Nerak works for Donald M. Grant books and might be able to either provide contact info, or assist in forwarding correspondence.
    Once the question is better resolved this thread will probably be merged with the another broader Question thread.
    Thanks for the question as it is a good one.

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Ned does not have a web site or email.

If you would like to get a letter to him, you can mail one to me at Grant and I can forward onto him. Please make sure you send a stamped self addressed envelope for him to send a reply. Also please send a stamp to me so I can forward your letter to him.

Thanks

Karen
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Hey! Thanks so much Karen! That makes my day! I absolutely love his work with DTIII illustrations and will be more than excited to know that my letter will get to him. You think he'll actually send a reply, Karen? Also, what size envelope should I send for a SASE? Normal business or 8x10?

Thanks Jerome and Karen for all your assistance!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Vagrant Dead Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak is a jewel in the rough Nerak's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking

Um, depends upon what you are looking for in return.....
    Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.

Country
    Country Flag

I'm not expecting anything. You just said to inlcude an SASE, leading me to believe that he would respond. I might have misread.
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Ned Dameron, Artist

Preliminary Artwork for sale from Ned Dameron

As some here know I've been talking with Ned Dameron for some time for those who might not know him he's the artist that illustrated "The Wastelands", third volume in the Dark Tower saga. He also did one of the illustrations present in the first edition of The Talisman, published by Donald Grant.

Ned sent me a dvd with pictures of the preliminary concepts and illustrations he did when working on The Wastelands. He also just sent me the list of prices since all are for sale, and I'm publishing it here along with all the images. Interested ones please PM me since I can't post Ned's contact info here.

"The Blasted Lands Study", from The Talisman. Grant Edition. Acrylic on 30''x40'' illustration board - painterly sketch (Ned offers to sketch in the train if requested) Foreground group. $350 + S/H

"Waste Lands", oil on acetate, 30x40, the "reflective original" used as illustration in the book. $ 1600 +S/H

Close up on the bird-like creature.

Preliminary concept on the creatures in The Wastelands. No price/size given.

"Waste land study", oil and drawing on black scratch board, mounted, about 18x25. Variations on the heron-like creatures.
    $250 + S/H

Oil. Creature from The Wastelands. No price/Size given

Preliminary concept for The plaster man. No price/Size given.

"Leather Wings Study". Oil Sketch on acetate of pterodactyl and background similar to that in Blaine the Mono scene. A small piece (no exact dimensions given). $250 + S/H.

Roland preliminary sketches. No price given.

Susan preliminary sketches. No price given.

I'm waiting on Ned's confirmation about the ones that don't have size and/or price. I'll let you know.

So far, I can't take my eyes of the fourth image.
    Last edited by Patrick; 07-15-2009 at 03:30 PM.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Cool. Thanks for sharing this information, Ari.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

I've always like his pictures, especially of The Blasted Lands.

John

Country
    Country Flag

Ari, are these originals? Reason that I ask is that I've also kept in contact with Ned as well and he told me a couple months ago that no originals are currently for sale. When did you aquire this information?
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought it was December but no..it was in January.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

very cool!
    Geoff

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

I love the Roland and Susannah sketches!
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'll probably have a news in 10 days about the missing ones and, who knows...maybe another one I didn't post yet

I'll keep all of you updated.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    I love the Roland and Susannah sketches!
    I totally agree!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Big Announcement!

Ned Dameron and I are collaborating on a project to produce a limited number of remarques in Grant 1st editions of The Waste Lands.

We are finalizing the details like the number of copies that will be produced, subject matter of the remarques, and how they will be sold.

A few preliminary sketches are in the works, and finished pieces will probably be available in the next month or two.

To give you an idea of the quality of these remarques, I give you, The Tick Tock Man:

Keep checking this thread for updates!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

That's a very interesting project! Looking forward to hear more!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And the remarque is simply astonishing!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

DUDE!! GREAT remarque. I would love to hear more on this project, especially if you would be accepting mail in copies to receive remarques.

Please?
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Preliminary Artwork for sale from Ned Dameron

Whatever came of this? Did anyone here buy any of these?

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Big Announcement!

Ned Dameron and I are collaborating on a project to produce a limited number of remarques in Grant 1st editions of The Waste Lands.

We are finalizing the details like the number of copies that will be produced, subject matter of the remarques, and how they will be sold.

A few preliminary sketches are in the works, and finished pieces will probably be available in the next month or two.

To give you an idea of the quality of these remarques, I give you, The Tick Tock Man:

Woowhoo! Can't wait !

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by tippy4 View Post
    Big Announcement!

This is great, but I cannot see the image, even here at home!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

My Mood
    Gay

( david, it's weird, i can see it at work, but not from home.... creepy ) Now that I can see it though... WOW !!!

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by turtlex View Post
    ( david, it's weird, i can see it at work, but not from home.... creepy ) Now that I can see it though... WOW !!!
    OK, this is weird, NOW I can see it. Same computer two hours later.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast