Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast

Thread: Ned Dameron, Artist

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Took me a second to figure out what it was, then realized it was when Blaine made the floor clear and they could see what was living in the Waste Lands. I like the way everybody looks freaked out except for Roland, who's like, "Yea, whatever". I do see what appears to be a glaring mistake, though ... Roland isn't missing the fingers on his right hand. Looks to me like I'm seeing the index, middle finger, and base of the thumb. Also, why the heck is Jake wearing a tie? Just looked back at the previous remarques, I see he's wearing one in those too ... don;t remember that from the stories. Or is it supposed to be a bandana perhaps?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

When Jake is brought through, he is in his school uniform, which included a tie. I don't recall when he sheds the tie, although in the Dameron art where Gasher has Jake, and where Jake is reaching out to Oy, he no longer has a tie on.
    It does appear as though Roland's right hand index finger is present.

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Of course it is all artistic measure on Dameron's part, whatever he wishes to portray, but he's been very accurate regarding the fingers in all the other remarques. What I meant about the tie was why would Jake still be wearing it at this point in the series (or at some of the previous points, for that matter). What's the first thing you do when you get home? Take off the tie. Would be a no-brainer in Jake's situation. I really have no idea where in the series Jake actually took off his tie. Regarding the fingers, try crossing your arms as Roland is doing and fold under your trigger and middle finger (as if you didn't have them) and thumb. What you would see is a large space (or two knuckles) between the ring finger and where the thumb knuckle is; to me that definitely doesn't appear to be what's shown in this one. I saw it right away and thought it very odd, as in all the other remarques he is shown missing the correct digits. In my head for a Blaine remarque I saw Blaine blasting through a long valley on the rail in the Waste Lands at supersonic speeds, with a shock wave coming off him and incorporating the one paragraph that described a deer having it's skin blown off by the blast as he passed. Maybe I'll draw that myself! Of course, none of this means I don't like the remarque!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

More nice work from Ned! Thanks for posting Rick.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by George at Ramstein View Post
    Of course it is all artistic measure on Dameron's part, whatever he wishes to portray, but he's been very accurate regarding the fingers in all the other remarques.

Regarding the fingers, try crossing your arms as Roland is doing and fold under your trigger and middle finger (as if you didn't have them) and thumb. What you would see is a large space (or two knuckles) between the ring finger and where the thumb knuckle is; to me that definitely doesn't appear to be what's shown in this one. I saw it right away and thought it very odd, as in all the other remarques he is shown missing the correct digits.

That was one of the first things I checked for, but I really do feel that Ned removed the thumb and first finger in this drawing, and that what you are seeing is the third, and fourth fingers (with the fifth finger tucked under his arm). I did exactly as you suggested with my arms, and the part of my hand where the thumb and first finger would be kind of gets buried in my armpit.

I have the prelininary sketch on this one, and in it, Roland is in a different pose. You can clearly see that he only has three fingers in that.

What I meant about the tie was why would Jake still be wearing it at this point in the series (or at some of the previous points, for that matter). What's the first thing you do when you get home? Take off the tie. Would be a no-brainer in Jake's situation. I really have no idea where in the series Jake actually took off his tie.
    I am going to have to agree with you there...that tie would have been history if I were Jake. But then again, Jake came from The Piper School, where good little boys and girls are taught to be respectful, so it is not out of the realm of possibility that he would retain it.

In my head for a Blaine remarque I saw Blaine blasting through a long valley on the rail in the Waste Lands at supersonic speeds, with a shock wave coming off him and incorporating the one paragraph that described a deer having it's skin blown off by the blast as he passed.
    That happend in Wizard & Glass.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Dark Tower 7 Artist Edition n/a
    The Waste Lands 1st Edition in Shrinkwrap $200
    1984 Grant Gift Edition of The Talisman $400
    Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED
    Signed 1st Edition of Storm of The Century (Paperback)

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

I agree that Jake shouldn't have the tie. He wasn't wearing it when Gasher grabbed him, and I can't imagine why he would put it back on. That being said, if one frets about it they perhaps should not bid on it. I'm sure it well sell for a fair amount.
    The Gunslinger could be just as Tippy suggested.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know whether it is accurate from a continuity standpoint, but I kind of like that Jake still has his tie on in these. While I would have taken off the tie, that is my adult perspective. My experience with my sons is that once they have something like that on, they forget about it completely.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny the amount of conjecture and discussion that can be generated by a couple of fictional missing digits and a tie : ) Tippy, the really important question is, when's it going up for auction? I'd like to get my underbidder bid in early! (ha ha)

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

There is almost no such thing as bad publicity.

Maerlyn's Imp tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4 has a reputation beyond repute tippy4's Avatar

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Funny the amount of conjecture and discussion that can be generated by a couple of fictional missing digits and a tie : ) Tippy, the really important question is, when's it going up for auction? I'd like to get my underbidder bid in early! (ha ha)
    I knew I forgot to do something!

I just wrote up the auction, and it starts at 6pm PST on 12/29/10.

I will post a direct link when the auction goes live.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

Dameron Remarque #XX

Auction is live!
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep! Watching it.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Gunslinger Apprentice boq is on a distinguished road boq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You know, the more I look at this remarque the more I like it. When I was reading the story, in my mind's eye I was viewing the scene from 'above' Blaine to his right hand side with the train travelling left to right... I can still see it quite clearly in my head So effectively my mind was 'erasing' the rest of Blaine too so that I could see all the way through him. Or maybe in the story he does in fact become totally transparent? It's been a while.
    When I first heard the remarque would involve Blaine's interior, I automatically assumed it would be the scene where the tet enters the train to find the gunslinger ice-statue... but far from it!
    I really like the unusual perspective of this one... unusual in that it's quite different from the way I pictured it myself. And it's a very specific scene, unlike the 'floating heads' one from a while back. I also like Mr. Dameron's consistency in what the tet are wearing, even down to Jake's tie (whether or not it should be there). And best of all, the entire Ka-tet are included in the scene... one of the few.
    If I wasn't so totally skint at the moment, I'd be very tempted by this remarque... great work (again) from Ned!

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

A Better Picture......

FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, it looks even better in that shot!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The colors show up deep and rich.
    <----------------------If only I had the ~1K for the book. Well worth it.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

hmmm. no bids on the latest Ned remarque. I may go for this one.

Gunslinger Apprentice agrabin is on a distinguished road agrabin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Hmm...I haven't got one of these yet David!!

They were never really on my 'list' but I do like a nice remarque...

Servant of Gan Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr is just really nice Fsmdr's Avatar

My Mood
    Stressed

Quote Originally Posted by agrabin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Hmm...I haven't got one of these yet David!!

They were never really on my 'list' but I do like a nice remarque...
    Not yet, David......

My Mood
    Hot
    Country
    Country Flag

If anyone is interested, with this book, I will include the copy of the preliminary sketch Ned sent me of this remarque.

Ned's original concept had Roland looking a bit more surprised than in the final version.

When I saw it, I told Ned that Roland would be playing it a bit cooler, and he took my advice.
    FOR SALE OR TRADE

Lisey's Story ARC $50

WANTED

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

10 hours left. Zero bids-so far.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

WHOOO-HOOOOO!!!! As of 2 minutes ago, I'm the proud owner! WHOOO-HOOOO! Man, my heart is beating a mile a minute. Tippy, I'll definitely take you up on the offer of the preliminary sketch, that will make a great addition. I can't believe there were only 3 bidders ... and Randall, did you really expect anything before the last minute?

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Randall, did you really expect anything before the last minute?
    No. I was just bumping to help generate traffic and discussion here.
    Congratulations to you, tippy4 and Ned Dameron.

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congratulations, George!

John

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks John! I'm just happy David was asleep or at work or stuck on a train for this one :-)

3:20 AM now, time to go to sleep ... night all!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 53 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35 36 37 45 ... LastLast