Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: ALIENWARE

Gunslinger Apprentice 3 DOORS DOWN is on a distinguished road 3 DOORS DOWN's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default ALIENWARE

I've been looking to replace my old desktop computer with a notebook,i keep going back to the alienware web site and filling in the spec sheets for the m17 notebook.Now when i get to the check out page i hold back,these are not cheap items even as they say one for the wallet still ain't cheap.
    What do you think. are they worth shelling out that amount of cash,if you have one is it worth me pressing that check out button.

Citizen of Gilead sleeplessdwarf is on a distinguished road sleeplessdwarf's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I do not own one. I have a few friends that do but these are guys with very specific things they want out of their system and they say good things.

Kilgore Trout valtr0n is on a distinguished road valtr0n's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You'd be much, much better off building your own. I had an Alienware 8 years ago, way before they were bought out by Dell, and it was very, very nice... but nothing I couldn't have done myself if I'd taken the time (and it would've cost much less.)

If you know enough to configure an Alienware to your liking, you can probably figure out how to put one together yourself and save a bundle and even get a longer warranty on most components in the process.

Don't you get it?! We are the walking dead! We are the walking dead...

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

From what I've heard - they're great for what they are designed for - basically, intense online gaming, lan parties, etc.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.