Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free

Thread: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Gunslinger Apprentice The Cosmic Geek is on a distinguished road

Default Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I didn't see a thread devoted to the guys in green so thought I would make one. Any fans on the boards here? What was your favorite: original Mirage comic? Cartoon? Archie comic? Movies?

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I watched the cartoon first, read the comics, then saw the movies. Here's my take. The cartoons (from the 80's, not the current ones) were well done and very entertaining. The comics were far superior though and much more adult in their content. The movie tried very hard to live up to the spirit of the comic while retaining the humor element from the cartoon without being cartoonish. I think it suceeded very well. I even enjoyed the second film, though it was more cartoonish than the first film. The third film never happened. It doesn't exist for me.

I haven't seen the most recent film and can't comment on it.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

I like what you said. Well spoken.

If you like film 1 then you will no doubt like the most recent one TMNT. I honestly feel it captures all the best stuff from the original comic and first film. Excellent action scenes, great characterzation, still mainaints the humor level for the kids, but it really advances the characters from where they left off in film 1 and even 2.

I really recommend seeing it. I loved it.

I wish the Mirage comic, the current one, would come out more frequently. I'd like to read it, actually, I wish they would release the old ones as well, would like to read those.

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Loved it as a kid, had the action figures and all that, the cartoon back then was great haven't seen much/any of the new stuff though.
    and hey, one of the movies had Vanilla Ice, how can anything top that?
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    and hey, one of the movies had Vanilla Ice, how can anything top that?
    Yeah, TMNT II: Secret of the Ooze did. That was where they shot off their pinkie toe.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

POW!-lah idk, my bff jill? is on a distinguished road

I live in a very small island in the Caribbean.
    Country
    Country Flag

I used to LOVE TMNT, specially Michelangelo.
    But the last movie kind of sucked.

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm a hhhuuuuuggggeee Turtle fan. My favorite was always Donatello.

I have lots of memorabilia around here, too...I'll have to take a few photos and show them around...I loved the "teens in green" in all their mediums...and agree with Sam when it came to the movies...there was I, II, and then they took a looonnngg break, then made TMNT.

My fav in my collection is an older (80's) laundry basketball hoop with backboard...I've had it since I was around 3. As soon as I grab hold of a digital camera, I'll post a pic.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Movies
    then cartoons
    then comics...
    then video games
    then years of playing tmnt with my friends.

Country
    Country Flag

I LOVED the original Nintendo game but DAMN that thing was tough!!

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Same here Sam, loved it! specially the "open world" feel you got on the surface. (back when we didn't have anything to compare it to)

posted this in another thread earlier:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjUz8IT0CYg"]YouTube - TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES by the Angry Nintendo Nerd[/ame]

Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed getting to run over the Foot Soldiers in the third level. That was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by SigTauGimp View Post
    I'm a hhhuuuuuggggeee Turtle fan. My favorite was always Donatello.

I have lots of memorabilia around here, too...I'll have to take a few photos and show them around...I loved the "teens in green" in all their mediums...and agree with Sam when it came to the movies...there was I, II, and then they took a looonnngg break, then made TMNT.

My fav in my collection is an older (80's) laundry basketball hoop with backboard...I've had it since I was around 3. As soon as I grab hold of a digital camera, I'll post a pic.
    Definitely post some pics of your TMNT items, that would be cool.

I haven't had a chance to watch straight through the latest cartoon. I see bits and pieces only. Fast Forward, the one where they were in the future, was OK. I loved that theme song, it was as catchy as the original cartoon one.

I helped a friend move today and after we finished we got some lunch. There in the strip mall was a comic shop. We checked it out and they had a bunch of Ninja Turtles comics. Couldn't believe it. I picked up about 5 of them. Needless to say, each time I visit my friend I will be hitting that comic shop.