Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Batwoman Title - Batwoman in Detective Comics

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Pam. I have read the first couple, I'll read them again and then continue on with the others.

By the way, do you have the variant/alternate covers? I don't even know which is considered the variant, or if they were simply alternates printed in equal quantities. Nor do I know if there were alternate covers for the ones shown above where I only have one.

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

All the covers by JH Williams III are the "regular" covers. The others are variants. I believe there was a variant for each issue... plus issue # 1 ( 854 actually ) had a second printing which was also a JH Williams III cover.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Yeah, I'm not sure which are the covers by JHW vs. others. I suppose that information is inside the books though.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

My Mood
    Gay

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    I have some catching up to do on my Batwoman reading.

You've got it right here, Patrick.

The top row are all JHW3 covers. Those are the "regular" issues.

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

My Mood
    Gay

Click here for an excellent write-up on Batwoman and Greg Rucka's amazing writing in this title.

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks, Pam, for the information and the link to that review. I like that writer!

My Mood
    Gay

Greg Rucka is amazing. He's doing some great work right now - not just in Batwoman, but with The Question feature ( in Detective Comics ) and with Stumptown.

My Mood
    Gay

JHWilliamsIII has some signings scheduled, so you can bring your cool comics to have them signed !!!

Signing :
    Red Sky Comics is happy to announce JH Williams III (Wizard’s Artist of the Year) as the special guest at their Grand Opening on Saturday, February 20, 2010. He will sign from 5:00 to 8:00 pm. Red Sky Comics, 617 W Main Street, Merced, CA, 95340

Conventions:
    Mike Carbonaro's New York Comic Book Marketplace - New York, NY
    2/27/2010

Emerald City ComiCon - Seattle, WA
    3/13/2010

Comicpalooza - Houston, TX
    George R. Brown Convention Center
    3/26/2010

Boston Comic Con - Boston, MA
    At the Westin Boston Waterfront
    4/10/2010

"Jornadas del Comic de Aviles" (Aviles Comic Convention) - Aviles, Spain
    9/14/2010

I really hope to be able to get to one of the East Coast appearances, with an armful of my comics and a hope to just say hello and thank him for his incredible work. From the interactions I've had with him ( purchasing comic art and via email ) - He's a great guy and very in touch with comic fans. Not to mention - he's such a HUGE talent.

My Mood
    Gay

Well, I've got a cool item coming my way.

My girlfriend went to the Houston Comicpalooza event this past weekend and we got a commission art piece done of Batwoman by artist JH Williams III. We asked for something that shows the duality of the Batwoman / Kate Kane character and this is what JHW3 came up with ...

Isn't that super cool?!?

My girlfriend has it now - and is carrying it to me, so I won't have it my hands for another week.

Weedeater Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa is a glorious beacon of light Tito_Villa's Avatar

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

That is very cool!

Billy Bumbler oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave will become famous soon enough oy-the-brave's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

WOW that is a fantastic drawing, congrats Pam

My Mood
    Gay

Thanks, gentlemen! Yes, JHW3 really did an amazing job. I'm thrilled.

My Mood
    Gay

Wow, some not so great news. Apparently Greg Rucka is leaving DC Comics. Since Greg is the current writer of Detective Comics/Batwoman ... the spin off title for Batwoman is now in limbo.

According to artist JH Williams III website blog, though, he believes DC will not abandon the character and that an announcement will be forthcoming.

I'm majorly bummed about Rucka's departure - he and JHW3 were the perfect combination for Kate/Batwoman.

My Mood
    Gay

Finally, some great news !!!!

JH Williams III to continue with Batwoman Title - take over as co-writer

From DC : From the DC blog

I am thrilled with this news!

The new title is to start in July.

My Mood
    Gay

FYI : The hardcover GN of the Elegy / Detective Comics featuring Kate Kane is due out next week.

This is the cool cover :

For anyone looking for a wonderfully drawn comic ( awarding winning! ) and great story telling ( Greg Rucka! ) - this is the GN for you.

Amazon has it for about $16.50

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3