Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 97 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast
Results 1,901 to 1,925 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    First off, I didn't call you a "loser" or an "asshole" or anything else you claim in your post. I enjoy the Yanks, get a little exuberant and lie to post about it here. I;m simply a fan. Yes, I have some opinions from time to time, but for the most part I just enjoy the game, the broadcasts and generally the results.

So, quite frankly, I don't need to be schooled by you whatever your level of expertise may or may not be. I exhaust you? Sorry, then go somewhere else, start your own thread or something and leave me to my blissful ignorance. I'm really not interested in your opinions/insights in the least, if I inadvertantly gave you that impression I sincerely apologize. Go tout your genius to someone who is interested and cares. That someone is not here. Of course, you're entitled to your opinions but do not feel that I need or value them in any way shape or form.

I hope you are able to enjoy what should be a very entertaining and hopefully magical season. Don't crap in my yard and I promise not to crap in yours. Cool?

Like most of your posts over the years, it was implied.

Also, you don't own this site or this message board. I can say whatever I want, whenever I want. Honestly, you should read everything I have to say about baseball. You could learn a thing or two. I know guys like you. They've watched baseball for 50 years and still don't know basic rules of the game. They just get all excited when they see little ball go real, real far.

Drives me crazy.

I also don't give a shit if you care about my opinion, a I certainly don't care about yours. Never have. I'm pretty sure more people value my opinion here than yours. Most of the people in the circles I run in merely placate you in fear that they will set you off.

The only thing you're right about is that it's going to be a magical season.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now it's Tanaka's turn to take the ball and the mound and keep things moving in the right direction!!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Now that I'm freed of Merlin, we can start talking actual baseball in this thread and not just pie in the sky blind optimism.

It was nice to see Stanton redeem himself after yesterday. He still struck out 3 times, which I hope he can cut down on. It was also nice to see Judge get his first homer, as well as Sanchez, who has really struggled to start the season.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, that didn't go so well. Losing two extra inning games at home is not ideal. They are finding ways to lose games early in the season.

I'm sure Merlin will find a silver lining somewhere.

HOW ABOUT DEM YANKEES!!! They looked amazing scoring 5 runs in the first inning! They showed some great fight in those extra innings as well.

BOsTON HERE WE COME!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, at the risk of being told I'm an asshole there were some good signs for the Bombers this evening. Both Stanton & Sanchez were hitting with authority tonight. Judge has got a 9 game hitting streak going and a lot of balls were well hit and timely. Pitching is still an issue but there were some subtle signs of improvement from the pen. Tanaka still is having issues with consistency. We need him to work that shit out. Chapman is still a bit of a head scratcher.

Still, there were enough signs tonight that the boys may be coming out of their recent funk. Bullpen still needs to get it going, but there is a lot of veteran piychers out there so there's hope that they can get the ship righted. Next few games should tell alot, but it good to see the big three have a good night in Fenway. Thankfully, Boone moved up Gray to close out the Boston series. Next comes Detroit & Miami. They should be good for what ails them!!!!

I've seen alot of articles stating that they need to make a move. Sign Holiday and go for Archer, etc. It certainly id not time to panic IMHO though if they can get an Archer for a reasonable price I'd jump on it. Going into the season the only thing that concerned me was the starting rotation past Sevy & Gray. I really didn't think the Bullpen would have any issues and I'm still confident they'll work it out. Be nice if some of the IR guys could make it back like Frazier & Hicks for instance. Anyway, we'll see what happens tomorrow. Hopefully the train is getting back on the tracks!!! LOL

P.S Looking forward to the 28th. I have tickets for Merlin III, IV and myself vs the Angels!!!!! Hopefully the Yanks will be rolling and we'll get to see Otani as well!!! We'll bre in foul ball territory as well!!!

P.S.S. That Tyler Austin shit was kinda bush. Didn't look like there was any intent on the slide and it was ruled a fair play. Throwing at him was stupid, but maybe it will prove to be a turning point in the season. Something similar really got the '98 team going!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

He slid with his spikes up and his leg way out there. He knew what he was doing. Did he intend to hurt anyone, probably not but he should know better.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

If the slide was malicious, then the reviewers in MLB NYC would have made the call. They didn't! Nailing the batter was a bush league play at best! Breaking Boston's win streak was nice!

Tonight I have free tickets to Nats v. Colorado. I'll root for the Nats since I live so close. Now I also have tickets to a Nats game in May v. the Yankees - I will be wearing my true colors for that game!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    If the slide was malicious, then the reviewers in MLB NYC would have made the call. They didn't! Nailing the batter was a bush league play at best! Breaking Boston's win streak was nice!

Tonight I have free tickets to Nats v. Colorado. I'll root for the Nats since I live so close. Now I also have tickets to a Nats game in May v. the Yankees - I will be wearing my true colors for that game!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Piyching situation is becoming very disturbing as it continues to be extremely spotty. Hopefully it will work itself out. Judge has a 11 game hitting streak and Hicks looked great on his return. So there are some positive signs. Remember, the 1998 team started off rocky and went on to win 125 games!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I've seen alot of articles stating that they need to make a move. Sign Holiday and go for Archer, etc.
    This is the stuff I'm talking about. Where did you read an article that the Yankees are interested in signing Holiday? That simply didn't happen. I read multiple sites on a daily basis and I saw nothing of the sort. A lot of articles? Impossible. The man is a shell of himself and they have no room for him. I'm so glad you can't see this post.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

As good as things went last night are as bad as things are tonight!!! Tanaka, has to get it together!!!

Single small consolation was, Cessa looking good until the 8th when he joined the walking wounded along with, Kahnle!!!!! Jesus, with the injuries already!!! Oy Vey!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Open Letter to Thread Folks!!!

For the record, I'm almost sixty years old and have been a Yankee fan for over fifty years. I've been true to my Bombers since the CBS years, The Bronx Zoo, the '80's and on to the present. My son is also a fan for 30 some odd years as will/is my grandson's Merlin IV (6) & Xander (1). I started this thread many years ago in the almost overwhelming presence of either Boston fans or disinterested King fans. Back then, I think it was just, Bob (CRinvA) and I talking/posting to one another with the occasional jibe here and there when Boston managed to win something once in awhile (lol). I'm fully aware that I post to read myself (listen to myself) for the most part. I realize that I am a full, died in the blue Yankee fan and obtain most of my knowledge about the current team from 'Yes" and the Yanks own site. Recently, my son talked me into following a blog or something called "Yankee True Fans". They are sometimes informative, but I have come to realize that they are also a bit nuts at times as well. lol lol I've since put them on "snooze" for 30 days to take a break from their incessant posts.

So, I acknowledge that I am in a minority on the site especially since, King is a Boston fan. As a life long Yankee fan I am fully aware and prepared to deal with the "haters" from time to time. Goes with the territory. As I said, I started this thread long ago, maintained it year in and year out (with RF' kind assistance and indulgence) and helped to establish some of the emoji's we have at our disposal. I guess I kinda consider it "my" thread (for better or worse) as I would my collection thread to a degree. That doesn't mean that only my opinions are worth anything. Certainly, there are a folks out there entitled to their own opinions and probably able to navigate the web better than I and therefore be more up to date on stats, news, etc. I get it. I'm willing to learn and can appreciate a lesson as much as the next guy.

I do feel that I deserve a modicrum of respect in this thread for having initiated it in the face of adversity and maintained it for posterity. I proudly display my fandom on a site that, if they care, supports Mr. King's fandom. Anyway, I've done quite a bit for charity on this site, done for a lot of folks in need and helped to support this site, contributing to fees and other members wherever I can. I like to think I've had a hand in making it a little better for the Yankee fan here on this forum as well. I just pound away here a bit amusing myself for the most part and do not need or appreciate being personally attacked here in what I consider my home ballpark. You got a beef with the Yanks and/or their organization? Post away!! You have a differing opinion to anything I might post here? Post away!!! You're an obnoxious Boston/AL East fan that has found something to crow about? Go for it. I won't necessarily appreciate it, but you're entitled.

What I don't think I deserve is personal, mean spirited attacks internet forum or not. Whether you agree or not I think I have earned respect in that regard. If in the past I have not reciprocated in kind with that same respect please accept my sincere apologies. People can and do change. That's it, folks. I now return you to your regularly scheduled programming!!! lol lol

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You can't lose a game like that to a team like the Marlins. The defense looked terrible and is a growing concern. Tanaka looked bad. The offense, which looked great the night before, was completely silent. They should have knocked Garcia out in the first inning.

I'm not panicking, but they have to turn things around soon. The Red Sox show no signs of slowing down and if they're not careful they are going to get buried. I know it's cold and they have a ton of injuries, but those are just excuses. They have more than enough to be playing better than this.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

5-1 vs Twins, Bottom of the 5th!!!!!

Man, Andujar is on fire!!! 5-5 including yesterday!!! XBH in 7 straight games. Only two others since 1920 have done that , Jolting Joe & The Mick!! What will they do with, Drury? lol Sanchez had a big hit and Stanton singled and is showing signs of life. Tanaka, is pitching well so far. Dare I dream? lol If they ever get firing on all cylinders, man will we be in for a season!!!

Edit: And Stanton goes yard!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Stanton goes 4 for 4! Hopefully out of his funk. Sanchez too! How about Andujar - he's a beast. Glad that Gleybor got his "first hit" and hopefully he settles into something beyond terrific.

I also need to mention the little guy = Torreyes batting over .400 with 36 ABs. He plays with a lot of heart and I consider him one of the best bench players!

Judge batting .325 with over 20 walks. Great On Base Percentage. He just gets better and better!

Last but not least - Sir Didi! Holy crap! He came to the Yankees as the hapless Jeter replacement. He could field, but his hitting was suspect. Look at him now. 7 dingers and 24 RBIs and it's still April! Last nights Grand Salami was a great way to extend his hitting streak!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Stanton goes 4 for 4! Hopefully out of his funk. Sanchez too! How about Andujar - he's a beast. Glad that Gleybor got his "first hit" and hopefully he settles into something beyond terrific.

I also need to mention the little guy = Torreyes batting over .400 with 36 ABs. He plays with a lot of heart and I consider him one of the best bench players!

Judge batting .325 with over 20 walks. Great On Base Percentage. He just gets better and better!

Last but not least - Sir Didi! Holy crap! He came to the Yankees as the hapless Jeter replacement. He could field, but his hitting was suspect. Look at him now. 7 dingers and 24 RBIs and it's still April! Last nights Grand Salami was a great way to extend his hitting streak!
    I'm with you, Bob!!!! Lot of positive signs right now. I guess we all knew the hits would come. Now, to get the pitching staff on a roll. Montgomery has battled, Sevy is the Ace and Tanaka showed signs of improvement. Now, if we can get Gray and C.C. firing..........................................
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Since I'm the resident Debbie Downer, I will say that Walker is the next person they have to figure out what to do with. He's been dreadful.

Also, I know things are going well, but they are going to have a problem when Ellsbury is ready to come back. He's going to throw a big old monkey wrench into everything.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

DiDi, Judge & The Kraken !!!!!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

5 in a Row!!!!!!

Day game tomorrow and then "we" go to Anaheim!!!! See you there Saturday night!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Get the brooms out!!!!! 4 game sweep, 6 in a row!!!!!

3 run walk off HR by, Sanchez!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I watched that game, never giving up hope! And then the Yankees "released the Kraken" and I happily returned to my yardwork!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Didi has been an absolute menace this year.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Interesting possibilities..................................... .....................................

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've never been a huge Fulmer fan. I don't think he's close to being the ace people make him out to be. I think he'd be a good addition, but I just don't think they should give up a lot for him. I don't think he strikes out enough people and I think that is going to catch up with him eventually.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I LOVE it when we beat Boston!!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 97 FirstFirst ... 27 67 75 76 77 78 79 87 ... LastLast