Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 97 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,775 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    I think the Castro trade is a definitely step in the right direction. It does leave Rob Refsnyder in a quandary though! Trade Bait???

I see Yankees have tried to snag Florida flamethrower, but the price may be too high and now I see them looking at a deal for a Houston 23 yr old flamethrower!

I still think Gardner and Nova are going to lose their pin stripes before Spring Training!
    Yeah, I'm bummed about Refsnyder. I think he will get traded. There's an outside chance they try to turn him into a super utility guy. I know they Yankees covet a player like that. He played outfield when he first started in the minors. I doubt they would feel comfortable ever putting him at any other position and he'd never be a guy you'd put in for defense at the end of a game at 2B of OF. He'd essentially be a bat off the bench, which can be very valuable.

I think they will trade Gardner too, but I hope not. I just hope they don't trade Miller.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, we can officially change the thread title now. The Yanks have acquired:

Aroldis Chapman!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Why though is the big question.....What was wrong with their closer and set-up men?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Why though is the big question.....What was wrong with their closer and set-up men?
    Nothing!!! This will make for a 6 inning game!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Exactly - if the Yankees are ahead in the 6th then the 7th - 9th is like wham, bam, thank you maam, three closers in a row all throwing the Heat!

I see the Nationals signed Stephen Drew - thank god he won't be in pinstripes in 2016!

And one last note - my wife and her siblings always exchange gifts on Christmas. Most of the time they pair up to give a better gift. This year my wife's three sisters went in together and got us two tickets to see the Yankees play at Camden Yards (Baltimore) on Saturday June 4th, 2016 - really nice seats - 13th row Section 56. This is the view and the Red Arrow is pointing to the Yankees dugout!

DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

This blows!!!
    The month of February is off to a rough start for the New York Yankees, as they will lose first baseman Greg Bird for the entirety of the 2016 season, the club has announced Monday. Bird will have shoulder surgery to repair a torn labrum in his right shoulder on Tuesday
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess Tex better stay healthy then!

Spoiler:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I guess Tex better stay healthy then!
    That's like hoping for Oprah to stay thin.

Anyway, we are starting right where we left off. Honestly, I've been critical at times of how the Yankees handled Tankaka's elbow, I also thought Tex came back too early from his injury and may have hurt it further for the rest of the year. Now, I'm once again curious. This is the same injury Bird suffered in May last year. He was evaluated after the season and the staff wasn't worried. Bird then tells the Yankees it bothered him throughout the season. Then they evaluate him recently (I'm hoping it's something they kept an eye on during the winter) and now he needs surgery. The surgery should have been done hours after the final out.

I'm sorry, that's a fact. Shit like this doesn't get better on it's own.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Pitchers and Catchers report this month!!!!

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/articl...ional-schedule
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bought my tickets today for May 16-18 at Chase Field!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the D-Backs are going to be good this year. I like what they've done.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I think the D-Backs are going to be good this year. I like what they've done.

No disrespect.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Just because I'm a Yankees fan doesn't mean I can't recognize what other teams are doing. We're all baseball fans here.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Just because I'm a Yankees fan doesn't mean I can't recognize what other teams are doing. We're all baseball fans here.
    I meant it in good fun and such. They do look good this year. Got my tickets for May 16, 17 & 18th!!!!!

Now, if we can get a thread title update..........

Spoiler:
    Is, RF asleep at the wheel???? LOL J/K
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Aren't pitchers and Catchers reporting to Spring Training today!!!!!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Aren't pitchers and Catchers reporting to Spring Training today!!!!!
    God I hope so.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

We need a thread title change here oh, exalted moderators!!!! Please? Thank you!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Despite the fact that I loathe him, I respect David Ortiz.

But then he says stuff like he said today and it drives me crazy. Why say you want a standing ovation? Can't you just say something like, "It would be an honor if I could get a standing ovation by Yankees fans. That would mean a lot to me." See how different that is?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not one post since the season started. Ouch. I don't blame us. I don't want to talk about them either.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They will get on track eventually. Have faith!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Being a diehard fan it has been disappointing to watch the Yankees through away game after game! But I won't despair and know that their time is coming. Last night was a good start! Not only did they beat the O's but they blanked them and scored 7 runs - they haven't scored that many since they beat the Tigers way back on April 9th!

The season is young and my hopes are still right up there.

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Being a diehard fan it has been disappointing to watch the Yankees through away game after game! But I won't despair and know that their time is coming. Last night was a good start! Not only did they beat the O's but they blanked them and scored 7 runs - they haven't scored that many since they beat the Tigers way back on April 9th!

The season is young and my hopes are still right up there.

Aaaaaand they have 0 runs through 6 innings tonight.

I thought they deserved a parade after the 7-0 win last night. They're putting way too much faith in Hicks. Now they don't have a choice, but he was getting way too much playing time before. I don't care if they were playing against a ton of lefties. Hicks can't hit. He's never been able to hit. He kind of hit for the first time last year, but as average of a season as it was, it will probably be considered a career year when his career is all said and done.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Back at 0.500 for now! Thank God for the old man Carlos Beltran. It was sweet to Sweep the Angels this week - that's something that has not happened in a very long time!

Yanks should not having much luck at First Base. Teixeira back on the DL. And his obvious replacement being Greg Bird also gone for the season. SO they bring on the guy Parmelee and he pulls a hammie on a fantastic stretch to save an out. After a terrific two day premier with the Yankees! Rob Refsneyder will continue to get playing time now as a First Baseman!

I did take in a game at Camden Yards last week! The Yankees only won one game against the O's and fortunately for me it was the game I attended. It was nerve racking though.... the Yankees were up 7 - 0 after top half of the 6th. Then the O's bats came alive and they scored 6 runs before even the first out was made. The Yankees hung on for an 8 - 6 victory. Seeing Aroldis Chapman live is amazing. He hit 103 that night. I don't know how anyone can catch up to that pitch!

Remaining ever hopeful I am

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Back at 0.500 for now! Thank God for the old man Carlos Beltran. It was sweet to Sweep the Angels this week - that's something that has not happened in a very long time!

Yanks should not having much luck at First Base. Teixeira back on the DL. And his obvious replacement being Greg Bird also gone for the season. SO they bring on the guy Parmelee and he pulls a hammie on a fantastic stretch to save an out. After a terrific two day premier with the Yankees! Rob Refsneyder will continue to get playing time now as a First Baseman!

I did take in a game at Camden Yards last week! The Yankees only won one game against the O's and fortunately for me it was the game I attended. It was nerve racking though.... the Yankees were up 7 - 0 after top half of the 6th. Then the O's bats came alive and they scored 6 runs before even the first out was made. The Yankees hung on for an 8 - 6 victory. Seeing Aroldis Chapman live is amazing. He hit 103 that night. I don't know how anyone can catch up to that pitch!

Remaining ever hopeful I am
    The best thing that could happen to the Yankees is Tex getting hurt for an extended period of time. He's a shell.

Yanks should have swept that series in Baltimore.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tanaka vs Verlander today!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 97 FirstFirst ... 21 61 69 70 71 72 73 81 ... LastLast