Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 97 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is it, boys. The whole season rests on one game!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Move along. Nothing to see here.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Buh-Bye
    -- Sincerely,
    The Houston Astros

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Can't win them all. Nice to see the Yankees with their problems make the playoffs. Their bats fluttered at the end of the season and had no momentum going in the playoffs. Unfortunately it happens. I feel they have too many older guys and need some young blood to rejuvenate their team, especially hitters. Too many guys slumping at the worst time. I think Kansas City comes out of the AL and the NL is a toss up between Los Angeles and St. Louis. See what happens. Hey, at least hockey starts Thursday for me! It was a fun season and hopefully the Yankees make the right adjustments for next year.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Can't win them all. Nice to see the Yankees with their problems make the playoffs. Their bats fluttered at the end of the season and had no momentum going in the playoffs. Unfortunately it happens. I feel they have too many older guys and need some young blood to rejuvenate their team, especially hitters. Too many guys slumping at the worst time. I think Kansas City comes out of the AL and the NL is a toss up between Los Angeles and St. Louis. See what happens. Hey, at least hockey starts Thursday for me! It was a fun season and hopefully the Yankees make the right adjustments for next year.
    True, they do have some older players, but it's hard to ignore the fact that they did infuse the team with younger players. Honestly, the Yankees are in what I would call a covert rebuilding process. Even with that, they were able to be leaders in the AL East most of the year and then make the playoffs.

Bird looks like he has talent. Severino got called up and looks like he can be a nice part of the rotation and Refsnyder is the second baseman of the present and future. Although I will say that it was odd how they called up Refsnyder for 2 games against the Sox and it looked like he was the second baseman and then he was send down almost immediately. I still stand by my theory that the Yankees were showcasing him for a trade. It's the only thing that makes sense. Also, Didi ended up having a nice year. All those guys and they still have Judge on the horizon.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

I liked that they were infusing some younger guys into the line-up. I'm more concerned with overpaid guys on the decline. CC is killing the Yanks for what he costs. I never liked the free agent signings of Ellsbury and Beltran. Yes, I love Didi this year. I'm hoping Bird continues to be successful. Here's hoping they make some nice pitching additions.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I liked that they were infusing some younger guys into the line-up. I'm more concerned with overpaid guys on the decline. CC is killing the Yanks for what he costs. I never liked the free agent signings of Ellsbury and Beltran. Yes, I love Didi this year. I'm hoping Bird continues to be successful. Here's hoping they make some nice pitching additions.
    I hated giving Beltran 3 years and we all know his 2014 was terrible, but he was the best hitter on the 2015 team. It's crazy to say that.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know this isn't Yankees related, but I don't think this is the time to bring it up in the Blue Jays thread, but that trade for Dickey looks especially terrible right now.

That being said, the day that trade went down, I thought it was awful for the Jays. You just don't trade a top catching prospect in d'Arnaud and a top flight pitching prospect like Syndergaard for a 38-year-old knuckleball pitcher. I don't care if he's coming off of a Cy Young or not.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I know this isn't Yankees related, but I don't think this is the time to bring it up in the Blue Jays thread, but that trade for Dickey looks especially terrible right now.

That being said, the day that trade went down, I thought it was awful for the Jays. You just don't trade a top catching prospect in d'Arnaud and a top flight pitching prospect like Syndergaard for a 38-year-old knuckleball pitcher. I don't care if he's coming off of a Cy Young or not.
    Perhaps, it is best to post this kind of thing in the "All things Baseball thread". Not that I disagree, it was a horrible trade in retrospect, but I have refrained from commenting in the "Blue Jays" thread out of respect. Even though they are currently looking very much like recent "Yankee" teams. I do not wish them any ill will, but changes need to be made in MLB franchises going forward. I do believe the Yanks have realized that and are committed to youth and the farm in the future. It may take some time, but they will be on the right track again. Of that I am relatively certain.

K.C. and The Mets seem to have it "going on" so far though, I do hope for the, Cubs just out of sympathy to their plight!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Confused

Would the Yankee fans be pissed about the Mets making it? I guessed Kansas City, but I disregarded the hot Mets and their stud young arms.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I called the Mets in the WS a while ago and my dad thought I was crazy. I don't want to see them win, but it won't upset me.

They better win in all honesty. Although they have great arms, we saw how they were playing in the middle of the year with that offense before they went out and got Kelly Johnson, Cespedes, and Uribe and I have a feeling they are going to lose Cespedes after the season and Murphy.

Murphy, by the way, has been playing out of his mind.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Andrew Miller.....

Great game last night. Looking forward to the pitching battle tonight. This should be a very intense series.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Bill what did you think about A-Rod's debut as a baseball analyst for Fox and the World Series?

And not yankee related but, how about R. Mondesi making his MLB Debut for KC in a World Series Game as a Pinch Hitter. Even though he struck out, what a memory! Hardly wasn't face haveing him PH against a 100 MPH fireballer!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Hey Bill what did you think about A-Rod's debut as a baseball analyst for Fox and the World Series?

And not yankee related but, how about R. Mondesi making his MLB Debut for KC in a World Series Game as a Pinch Hitter. Even though he struck out, what a memory! Hardly wasn't face haveing him PH against a 100 MPH fireballer!
    A-Rod should stick to playing!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I want the Yankees to adapt the Royals' offensive approach, which is how they used to play when they were winning championships in the 90's.

It's clearly more conducive to winning.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I want the Yankees to adapt the Royals' offensive approach, which is how they used to play when they were winning championships in the 90's.

I agree and they appear to be going in that direction, save for a few contractual issues. I'm very happy to them commit to the farm system. Severino, Bird, Refsnyder are all viable. They just need to find a way to play them all. Especially, the Bird-Man!! Sanchez is doing well in the AFL, too. Maybe his time has come to back-up, McCann?

Congrats to the Royals!!!

Time to change the thread title again!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

I agree and they appear to be going in that direction, save for a few contractual issues. I'm very happy to them commit to the farm system. Severino, Bird, Refsnyder are all viable. They just need to find a way to play them all. Especially, the Bird-Man!! Sanchez is doing well in the AFL, too. Maybe his time has come to back-up, McCann?

Agreed, but I'm not just talking about a youth movement. I'm talking about working counts, making contact, fouling balls off, taking the ball up the middle, going the other way, station-to-station, stealing bases.

2015 Yankees = 3 run homer and that's it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Agreed, but I'm not just talking about a youth movement. I'm talking about working counts, making contact, fouling balls off, taking the ball up the middle, going the other way, station-to-station, stealing bases.

2015 Yankees = 3 run homer and that's it.
    I know just what you mean and I think the youth movement may somewhat reflect that strategy. At least to a degree. I don't think they were hoping for the HR out put they ended up with. Certainly the Pitching is moving in the right direction, good starter's, deep bull pen that shortens games. To be honest, I think they never should have parted ways with, Kevin Long!!! The fact that professional ball players (not only Yanks) can't seem to figure out the "shift" drives me nuts!!! I mean all this "Moneyball" philosophy and what not and you can't figure out it's easier to go the other way? That would put an end to that crap and fast!! I realize some may not be able to adjust, but everyone? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Confused

The big trade news in Major League Baseball on Wednesday was the Yankees acquiring outfielder Aaron Hicks in exchange for catcher John Ryan Murphy, who goes to the Twins. Might the next domino to fall be a Brett Gardner trade?
    Wonder what they can get for Gardner? I like him though he tailed off the second half. Seems like they are attempting to get younger. And I am not interested in trading Miller unless the get Kimbrel. A lot of nice starting pitchers out there if they are interested.

My Mood
    Confused

Authorities say an overdose is possible in the death of former Braves pitcher Tommy Hanson. I heard he was in a coma, and now he passed. What a shame.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The big trade news in Major League Baseball on Wednesday was the Yankees acquiring outfielder Aaron Hicks in exchange for catcher John Ryan Murphy, who goes to the Twins. Might the next domino to fall be a Brett Gardner trade?
    Wonder what they can get for Gardner? I like him though he tailed off the second half. Seems like they are attempting to get younger. And I am not interested in trading Miller unless the get Kimbrel. A lot of nice starting pitchers out there if they are interested.
    It's possible this could mean Gardner is going to be traded. I would say that if the plan is to replace him with Hicks, then it's a big risk. Hicks was an elite prospect for the Twins that just hasn't put it together at the Major League level. He reminds me very much of Bernie Williams in some sense. He's a switch hitter, and like Bernie, might just take longer to develop. I feel the Yankees are trying to catch lightning in a bottle with Hicks, but I doubt the Yankees are planning on using him as a starter.

As for Murphy, it's tough to see him go because I think he did a great job as a backup catcher. It's kind of funny, but my dad and I were just discussing this morning on whether or not they will try to move Murphy with the way Sanchez is playing in the Arizona Fall League. I'm not sure if the two are connected, but Sanchez looks like he may have turned the corner. I'm not sure if there's a whole lot more for him to prove in the minors.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great News!!!!!

The Yanks acquired, Starlin Castro from the Cubs in a trade!!! So 2nd base appears to be settled!!!!

http://m.yankees.mlb.com/news/articl...starlin-castro

Also, Site staff, time to change the thread title for 2016, please??? Your assistance is greatly appreciated as always!!!! Thank you in advance very much!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think this is a potentially great trade.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the Castro trade is a definitely step in the right direction. It does leave Rob Refsnyder in a quandary though! Trade Bait???

I see Yankees have tried to snag Florida flamethrower, but the price may be too high and now I see them looking at a deal for a Houston 23 yr old flamethrower!

I still think Gardner and Nova are going to lose their pin stripes before Spring Training!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 97 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast