Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 97 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast
Results 1,676 to 1,700 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Winner of this division is going to need at least 95 wins. I would say 98 to feel comfortable.
    That's pretty much what I was thinking as well.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Solid outing and win for, Severino this evening!!! Now, if they will just win tomorrow for my birthday!!! LOL LOL

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Holy Cow!!!!! McCann & A-Rod pull the Yanks fat out of the fire!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bases loaded, nobody out, bottom of the 8th, 5-4.. Can we break it open?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And, Didi singles, 6-4!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And, Miller in to close it out....
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Bird is the Word!!!

8-6!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Found this really interesting coming from a young guy. Great move! Could you ask for more?!

NEW YORK (AP) Greg Bird watched Baltimore manager Buck Showalter take the ball from Jorge Rondon and signal to the bullpen for the left-hander.

While Brian Matusz trotted in with two on, no outs and the score 5-all, Bird darted into the video room behind the Yankees dugout and asked for video coordinator Anthony Flynn and baseball operations assistant Brett Weber to show him a fastball and slider from the reliever.

Bird wanted to see ''just kind of I guess what it's sort of going to look like,'' he explained. ''Scouting reports don't necessarily do it justice. I'm big on seeing and feeling what it's like in the box.''

Less than 2 1/2 minutes later, Bird was in the batter's box. Three pitches later, he was the Yankees' Big Bird, hitting a three-run homer that bounced off the back of New York's bullpen in right-center.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Great post. Many thanks for sharing!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What has impressed me most about Bird is his ability to hit left handed pitching. I like what I see so far. He's a little vulnerable to the high fastball up and in, but he will learn to lay off it. He's already very patient.

Some bad news though, Yanks shut down Eovaldi with elbow inflammation for two weeks.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

What has impressed me most about Bird is his ability to hit left handed pitching. I like what I see so far. He's a little vulnerable to the high fastball up and in, but he will learn to lay off it. He's already very patient.

Some bad news though, Yanks shut down Eovaldi with elbow inflammation for two weeks.
    Yes, but hopefully, C.C.can fill in for now. Tough loss though.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Great post. Many thanks for sharing!!!
    I saw it on cbs and thought it was really interesting if no one read the article. I love seeing young guys stepping up for the Yanks and taking their job and playing time seriously. Like S.S. posted, that sucks about Eovaldi and hopefully it's just a precaution. Nice play tonight!
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, boy. That's a tough one. Gausman has great stuff, but he shouldn't shut you down. You can't be losing close games like this at home this time of year.

I'm really worried about some of the mounting injuries. Now Gardner is banged up. I understand that the Yankees are a home run hitting team, but you can't always wait for a two run bomb. Sometimes you need to manufacture a run. Steal a base, hit & run, etc.

My biggest disappointment this year is how they've turned into a one dimensional team. I'm shocked at the lack of base stealing, especially from Gardner. 18 stole bases is unacceptable. There's more than enough speed in this lineup from multiple guys to be stealing bases from time to time. Hell, Paul O'Neill stole 22 bases (a career high) in the last year of his career at the age of 38. There's no excuse. Anyway, mini rant over.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Rain out, what a gyp!!! Double header sucks too!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Confused

Bad news everyone. Mark Teixeira has a fracture in his leg. Out for season. Greg Bird will take his place.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Bad news everyone. Mark Teixeira has a fracture in his leg. Out for season. Greg Bird will take his place.
    Geez, if it wasn't for bad luck, Tex would have no luck at all!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Severino, is having a bit of trouble early on. Hope he can rebound. This is a HUGE series for the Bombers!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Severino was due for a bad start. Sucks it had to happen in the biggest series of the year.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Severino was due for a bad start. Sucks it had to happen in the biggest series of the year.
    Tell me about it!! With a freaking double header tomorrow they really could have used a win tonight. Shit!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Double-header tomorrow guys!
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Double-header tomorrow guys!

I mean that in the best way possible.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Tight game one. What if this game goes to 14 or something? Damn.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Forget about the East. Start preparing for the Wild Card.

Also, I was at a double header at Yankees Stadium where the first game went 18 innings. The second game didn't end until 2 am. There was nobody there at the end of the game.

The most interesting thing for me going forward is whether or not the Jays can keep it up offensively. The Yankees have had some years where they blast people in the regular season and then their bats go quiet in the playoffs. It should also be interesting to see if Mr. Glass is hurt after that collision.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I missed the collision.

So happy so see Stroman back.

Looks like they'll probably call this one after 5.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Cracked shoulder blade for Tulo. I knew it was impossible for him to stay healthy for a full season.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 97 FirstFirst ... 18 58 66 67 68 69 70 78 ... LastLast