Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 97 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Let's go, C.C.!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't look now, but the Yanks have a 4 game win streak going. Getting, Tanaka back in such good form bodes well for the Bombers.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Don't look now, but the Yanks have a 4 game win streak going. Getting, Tanaka back in such good form bodes well for the Bombers.
    I've always been a huge fan of teams with pitchers. Such as when Atlanta had Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz and what great pitching will do for your team. Not comparing these HOF's to the current Yanks, but I do love Tanaka, Pineda, C.C.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    I've always been a huge fan of teams with pitchers. Such as when Atlanta had Maddux, Glavine, Smoltz and what great pitching will do for your team. Not comparing these HOF's to the current Yanks, but I do love Tanaka, Pineda, C.C.
    Which is why the fact that they only won 1 World Championship with that starting rotation is a tad bit of a disappointment.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Which is why the fact that they only won 1 World Championship with that starting rotation is a tad bit of a disappointment.
    Look at. Baltimore in '69, 4 20 game winners if I recall and I think before that 3 20 game winners in Cleveland. It's kinda weird. Neither team won the Series.

Bonus pts if you can name the pitchers. No googling!!! LOL No cheating. I think I have the answers below.

Spoiler:
    McNally, Palmer, Cuellar, Dobson for Baltimore - Wynn, Lemon and Feller for Cleveland
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

6 in a row!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I hesitate to get too excited. As soon as we do, they fall in the toilet.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Good point.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Gunslinger Apprentice mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux will become famous soon enough mkb.redux's Avatar

I don't care... I'll be happy anyway, right here and now.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, I'm happy. Elated actually. Just reserved as well.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Washington Nationals tonight in New York! Tanaka takes on Max Scherzer!

After a two game set off to Baltimore! I have tickets for the Sunday game in Baltimore (90 minute drive) where CC takes on Gonzalez;

Incidentally I have tickets Saturday for the Potomac Nationals (Washington Nationals High Single A Team)! Their park is ten minuets from my home and I typically see about ten games every season. Due to their proximity to Washington Nationals, the big league starts often rehab at Single A. I have seen Harper, Zimmerman, Rendon, Ramos, perform at the P-Nats stadium.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

9-0 in the 4th!!! La de da!! A-Rod is having a blast!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

!3-3 Yanks. Mel got a plaque in monument park!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"Aces" can't pitch like this.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

*ahem*

We're coming for you.

Love always,

Toronto Blue Jays

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Blue Jays are playing great ball right now. Kind of reminds me of last year when they were setting the league on fire before flaming out.

Citizen of Gilead SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide is a name known to all SystemCrashOverRide's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Blue Jays are playing great ball right now. Kind of reminds me of last year when they were setting the league on fire before flaming out.
    Absolutely, and there's a chance it all goes to hell in a hand basket. But I don't think so. I suspect we'll make a play for a closer, a starter, or both and things will get MIGHTY interesting. But rivalries are fun, this should be good.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I wouldn't worry about the Yankees. Their pitching is just too inconsistent. C.C. is done. He's just not able to adjust without his premium stuff. I truly believe Tanaka is babying his elbow and Pineda just doesn't seem to be able to have the focus of an ace. That or he doesn't have that competitive edge of pitchers like Andy Pettitte.

If I were you I'd worry more about the Rays.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nova, looked good today over 6.2 innings. Maybe there is hope!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, let's see how we fare vs. The Astro's!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Nova looked fantastic and the bats are still hot. Anybody who has watched the Yankees can probably predict how this is going to go. The starters will pull it together and pitch really well a few times around the rotation, but the bats will go cold. They will lose a bunch of games 3-2.

The Astros series should be fun. They have a lot of young players. Wait until you see this Correa kid.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anybody who has watched the Yankees can probably predict how this is going to go. The starters will pull it together and pitch really well a few times around the rotation, but the bats will go cold. They will lose a bunch of games 3-2.
    I hate being right.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So who'd a thought the Yankees would be sitting atop the AL East at the All*Star break!!!!

Merlin, gotta tell you a quick Yankees tale. The other day we were babysitting our 5 yr old grandson. I was watching a Yankee game on TV. Tommy disappeared for a minute and when he came back he was wearing his Yankees Cap and had mine for me to wear! Love this kid. Even though his Dad (my son-in-law) keeps trying to sway him to either Detroit or the Marlins!

Glad to see Gardy in the All*Star game! Gladder to see him hovering above .300!

And Refsnyder - they should make him the regular 2nd baseman and send Drew packing!!!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    So who'd a thought the Yankees would be sitting atop the AL East at the All*Star break!!!!

Merlin, gotta tell you a quick Yankees tale. The other day we were babysitting our 5 yr old grandson. I was watching a Yankee game on TV. Tommy disappeared for a minute and when he came back he was wearing his Yankees Cap and had mine for me to wear! Love this kid. Even though his Dad (my son-in-law) keeps trying to sway him to either Detroit or the Marlins!

Glad to see Gardy in the All*Star game! Gladder to see him hovering above .300!

And Refsnyder - they should make him the regular 2nd baseman and send Drew packing!!!!!
    Great story, Bob!!! I agree, give the boy a shot!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Refsnyder has been a long time coming. Drew will stick around for his ability to play SS and his glove. That's about it.

One worry I have is the fact that they may have called Refsnyder up to showcase him for a trade. I have a bad feeling they are going to do something stupid and bring in some average pitcher for one (or more) of these prospects

+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 97 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast