Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 97 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Boston Sucks!!!
    Actually, Boston is a beautiful city, but, yeah, they suck.
    Yes, it is, but...

How, Sweep it is!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Too close for comfort - bases loaded with Big Papi at the plate! One swing could have set an awful walk off against the Yankees!

But Miller comes through and the Brooms come out!

So Teixeira is either an out or a HR - as long as he keeps up the RBI pace I have no problem with it.

Ellsbury and Gardner becoming a terrific one - two punch!

16 - 9 - now 3 games in front of Baltimore and Tampa Bay and four ahead of Boston!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Tex, is on fire!!!! HR No. 10, a two run shot vs. Toronto for a 5-0 lead!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And we win!!!! 17-10!!!!! First place!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

A win is a win is a win, but why oh my do the Yankees have to put me on pins and needles!!! Never ever should a team have to rely on their closer after being up 6 - 0!

A good game though, as Ellsbury remains on fire, hitting over .400 in last 16 games and over .500 in the month of May! Oh, he also is 3rd in the league in SBs with 11!

Gardner hitting behind Ellsbury provides a nice 1 - 2 punch! Gardy hitting .309 through last night's game - much higher than any previous year!

Teixeira is extra bases or nothing! 10 HRs and 22 RBI's is nothing to shake a stick at! That's 3rd in the league in HRs and 5th in RBIs

Betances and Miller both have 0.0 ERA after 15.1 and 13.2 innings pitched, respectively - Betances has 26 Ks and Miller 23Ks. For a closer Miller is awesome with 11 saves and holding opponent batters to a 0.067 BA!

Spoiler:

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Pineda, after 2 years of dealing with his shoulder thus far has been great. It's nice to see a young guy doing well for the Yanks. It's been a nice early start for this team.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

5 - 2 in the fifth!!!! C'mon no. 19!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn! Pineda was dealing. One of the best Yankees pitching performances I've seen in a while.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Damn! Pineda was dealing. One of the best Yankees pitching performances I've seen in a while.
    You can say that again!! It almost wasn't fair!!! I know he got 16, but what was the staff total for the day?

Edit: Betances had two so, 18 total for the day!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I love the sports commentary on this video....

"Swing and a miss! Upstairs at the fast ball!".... LOL!

"Michael Pineda, absolutely FILTHY!".... LOL!

Final line for Michael Pineda: seven IP, six H, one R, no BB, sixteen Ks. It's the first 16+K, 0-BB game since Johan Santana in August 2007.

Bye, Bye Orioles!!! LOL! LOL!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

4-1, Yanks in the 5th!!!

Edit: 8-1 Yanks in the sixth!!! Maybe, C.C. will finally get one in the "win" column!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

CC Wins and the Yankees have jumped to #4 of 32 in the MLB Power Rankings!!!!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

In honor of Yogi Berra's 90th Birthday here is a list of some of his better Yogi-isms!
    Gotta love the man! Hell he has a ring for every finger!
    • Baseball is 90% mental. The other half is physical
    • You can observe a lot just by watching.
    • When you come to a fork in the road, …take it.
    • We made too many wrong mistakes.
    • You should always go to other people’s funerals, otherwise they won’t go to yours.
    • The future ain’t what it sued to be.
    • It’s déjà vu all over again.
    • I didn’t really say everything I said.
    • It ain’t over til it’s over.

Spoiler:

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

4-1, Yanks in the 5th!!!

Edit: 8-1 Yanks in the sixth!!! Maybe, C.C. will finally get one in the "win" column!!!
    Merlin, I'm not usually that guy, but you've got to get rid of that 's in Yankees in your signature. It's bugging me.

I love Yogi's quotes. I bought my dad a book of Yogisms a while back and it's actually a fantastic read.

T-Dogz, I had no idea there were baseball fans in England. That's awesome!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Are our Yanks going to rebound?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

It's a long season, but C.C. hasn't looked very good and Pineda has had a couple bad outings. Maybe some youthful call-ups are in order?
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Don't look now, but we just swept the, Royals and Pineda was strong. The pitching will be the key to the season.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it looks like it.

Let's put it this way. You're never as good as you look and you're never as bad as you look. They aren't as good as they were when they were on that hot streak, and they aren't as bad as they looked during that losing streak. They are somewhere in the middle, which might be good enough to win the AL East.

They need to fix the back end of the rotation. The bullpen need to restabilze. I think Lindgren could be a big part of that. They need to figure out what they are going to do up the middle. You can't go much longer with Didi and Drew. I think it's time for Refsnyder. Back in 2005 the Yankees had a flaundering team. They called up a young second base prospect and a young pitching prospect. Cano and Wang revitalized them and propelled them to the ALDS.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, it looks like it.

Let's put it this way. You're never as good as you look and you're never as bad as you look. They aren't as good as they were when they were on that hot streak, and they aren't as bad as they looked during that losing streak. They are somewhere in the middle, which might be good enough to win the AL East.

They need to fix the back end of the rotation. The bullpen need to restabilze. I think Lindgren could be a big part of that. They need to figure out what they are going to do up the middle. You can't go much longer with Didi and Drew. I think it's time for Refsnyder. Back in 2005 the Yankees had a flaundering team. They called up a young second base prospect and a young pitching prospect. Cano and Wang revitalized them and propelled them to the ALDS.
    Very accurate assessment. Nova is till on the horizon and Tanaka should be back soon.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I totally agree on Lindgren and why not give Refsnyder a chance. The love affair with "persistently on the Interstate" BA in the 100s! Stephen Drew!

Looking forward to Pinieda getting even better and can't wait to get Nova back! Tanaka too - so far strong in rehab!

And how about Mark Teixeira - just keep it up! McCann needs to join that bandwagon. Need Ellsbury back for the Ellsbury-Gardner punch!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Severino just got called up to AAA.

Also, Carpenter's days are numbered.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sometimes baseball can just make you want to jump off a bridge. How the F*ck do we go from sweeping the Royals to dropping three of four to the lowly A's?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Such a weird season - the Yankees sweep the best team in MLB and then are nearly swept by a sub par team! Then they turn to face one of the premier Aces in MLB King Felix - only to thrash him! What a great surprise to have Tex hot and for his Grand Salami last night! Somehow the Yankees are still sitting atop American League East!!!!!!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Stranger than fiction!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 97 FirstFirst ... 14 54 62 63 64 65 66 74 ... LastLast