Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

There - back on track! This thread and the Yankees!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Gunslinger Apprentice Nick Stefanos will become famous soon enough Nick Stefanos's Avatar

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    There - back on track!
    If they win today I'll consider them back on track. I need to see them win some games with someone other than Tanaka on the hill.
    "Nothing surprises me anymore." - Walt Longmire

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Not sure if you Yanks fans ever saw this, but here is Don Cherry (Legendary Hockey Commentator) BUTCHERING saying Jacoby Ellsbury:

http://deadspin.com/don-cherry-tries...jac-1559231787
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Gunslinger Apprentice Nick Stefanos will become famous soon enough Nick Stefanos's Avatar

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Not sure if you Yanks fans ever saw this, but here is Don Cherry (Legendary Hockey Commentator) BUTCHERING saying Jacoby Ellsbury:

That's hilarious. Sounds like he was starting to talk about Joakim Noah.
    The real question is how does Cherry correctly pronounce the names of NHL players, at least 50% of which are more difficult to pronounce than Jacoby Ellsbury? Or maybe he doesn't, I don't see CBC broadcasts often unless the NHL network is simulcasting from their feed.

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Anybody else think it's time to move Betances to the closer spot and send Robertson back to the 8th inning where he belongs? Robertson was a terrific set-up man for Rivera but he just doesn't have it as a closer. The movement on Betances' breaking ball is pretty damn impressive.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Stefanos View Post
    Anybody else think it's time to move Betances to the closer spot and send Robertson back to the 8th inning where he belongs? Robertson was a terrific set-up man for Rivera but he just doesn't have it as a closer. The movement on Betances' breaking ball is pretty damn impressive.

I've been "thinking" that for a while now, but it is bound to have an impact on, Robby.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I've been "thinking" that for a while now, but it is bound to have an impact on, Robby.
    No doubt, but the needs of the many, etc...

Also, I'm not one to try to guess how people I don't know feel about things, but from facial expressions and body language, it appears to me as if being the closer is already swirling around in Robertson's head, so perhaps he'll be somewhat relieved (pun intended) to go back to the set-up role.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think it's too soon for that. Before yesterday, Robertson has been pretty good, sporting one of the highest strikeouts per 9 innings in baseball. Higher than Mo ever did in his career. I think Robertson deserves a longer leash. I'd also worry about moving Betances in that role. He's got a good thing going right now and I wouldn't want him to start over thinking things as the closer. That being said, I tabbed Betances as the future Yankees closer years ago when he was a prospect and still being force fed as a starter by the Yankees.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

That's hilarious. Sounds like he was starting to talk about Joakim Noah.
    The real question is how does Cherry correctly pronounce the names of NHL players, at least 50% of which are more difficult to pronounce than Jacoby Ellsbury? Or maybe he doesn't, I don't see CBC broadcasts often unless the NHL network is simulcasting from their feed.
    Tim and Sid (Toronto Sports Radio/Canadian TV guys) are convinced that Cherry purposely mispronounces names because it's funny. In other words, he mispronounces a lot of names haha. The most common one he does is when talking about Boston Bruin's 'Milan Lucic' (loo-seesh) and he says 'loo-sic'. I've heard him called Luongo 'Longo' too

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

The Yankees are frightened by the A's. How about that 3 run shot in the 10th last night?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yanks are up, 4-1 in the fifth.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

RIP Don Zimmer! Serving baseball well for more than 60 years!

Spoiler:

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Didn't work out so well did it?
    Final score 7-4 A's victorious.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Didn't work out so well did it?
    Final score 7-4 A's victorious.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.

Gotcha today though!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Dodged a bullet. The pinball hit up the middle should have been a hit. Count your blessings and be happy to be 1 game over .500

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Dodged a bullet. The pinball hit up the middle should have been a hit. Count your blessings and be happy to be 1 game over .500

Finally dealing with the "flip" play are you? LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

No one was happier than Robertson to get hit by a batted ball! :-)

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

No, I still haven't gotten over that one. Jeter made a world class play, Giambi was too stupid to slide.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

No, I still haven't gotten over that one. Jeter made a world class play, Giambi was too stupid to slide.

Not to gloat, but it was one of the most amazing plays these eyes have seen. A true gem to any fan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApoJk9X7Vto
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Drunk
    Country
    Country Flag

With the 872nd pick in the 2014 MLB Draft the New York Yankees select Mariano Rivera III, pitcher, Iona College.

I read that he doesn't throw his dad's cut fastball, not yet at least. Still kinda cool to have a Mariano Rivera in the organization again.

Either way, it's better than talking about the Yanks' performance tonight.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Or today!!! What did they leave 16 RISP?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The Yankees are frightened by the A's. How about that 3 run shot in the 10th last night?
    *cough* Jays swept you *cough*

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

*cough* Jays swept you *cough*

Well, has this become an "International baseball" thread or what? LOL Good to see someone bashing a team other than the Yanks!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was at the Jays/Cardinals game today. Will post some pictures of the dome closing and the view of the skyline etc from inside the park in a bit. Not sure how good of a look any of you guys have gotten at our park (can't well till the fucking Argonauts get kicked out so we can finally put in grass.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

The dome closing

The skyline view from my seat

+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 97 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast