Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Roont jayson is on a distinguished road

so who else wishes they hadn't sent gardner to steal 2nd two minutes ago?

if he'd have still been on base, posada would have just put them ahead.

still, they are tied now and have 2 outs left here in the 8th and cano just got on. two base hits and he's home.

The Thermals cody44 is on a distinguished road cody44's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have not been watching this thread in anyway, but I'm a big yankees fan. It was passed down from my dad, and I have memories from my childhood of the '98-00 seasons.

That same thought crossed my mind Jayson. The last two games have been nail-biters.

EDIT*

Damn, the bottom of the 10th had me on the edge of my seat. Mariano Rivera is probably going to go down as one of (if not the best) closers in the game of baseball.

I regret leaving my soul
    I forgot I needed it, to feel
    maybe when I die
    I'll just grab it real quick

Country
    Country Flag

Does it appear to anybody else that umps make calls in retaliation to bad calls? The call against Swisher seemed like it was in retaliation to the bad tag call. Did you feel like it was just another bad call, or an ump trying to set the game even again.

Just curious what other people think.

*edit*

Now that they've shown the footage of the ump, I'm not sure how he could have seen it. I'm interested in what he has to say after the game.

I regret leaving my soul
    maybe when I die

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by cody44 View Post
    Does it appear to anybody else that umps make calls in retaliation to bad calls? The call against Swisher seemed like it was in retaliation to the bad tag call. Did you feel like it was just another bad call, or an ump trying to set the game even again.

Just curious what other people think.

*edit*

Now that they've shown the footage of the ump, I'm not sure how he could have seen it. I'm interested in what he has to say after the game.
    I definitely think it happens especially after the Masnager comes out and argues a play that maybe the Ump doesn't feel "good" about. However I doubt it happened in this instance as there was really no way for the 3rd base Ump to know 2nd blew the call and the plays occurred in the same inning so no way to communicate unless at the commercial break or something.

Hey, Umps are human too and while sometimes it sucks it has ALWAYS been a part of the game. The human factor and all. I do however think that MLB may start to seriously consider a NFL challenge type thing (perhaps just for the post-season) in the near future, which might add a nice additional dimension to the Managerial startegy of the game. Just hope it doesn't happen while Girardi is still the Manager!!!! LOL

Side Note: Someone needs to super-glue his ass to the bench for every game that Sabbathia is not pitching a Gem!!!!!

Second Side Note: I think all this base-running hullabaloo has its roots in recent successes of other playoff teams. Girardi was quoted as saying they have a team wide philosophy of "being agressive" on the bases. Hence gardner seems to think he can run at any time even when they've got him dead to rights!! LOL But seriously I think all the teams seem to be trying to be "aggressive" on the paths and sacraficing common sense for that "make something happen" philosophy. probably just a Fad born out of Sports Illustrated and the media coverage in recent seasons (as well as the Rays). The teams will figure out that not everybody is Carl Crawford or the next incarnation of Rickey Henderson!!LOL

10 Runs+1 more win = 40 American League Championships!!!!!

11 Post Season wins = 27 World Championships!!!!

GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!

Sit, Joe, Sit. The only time you need to get up is when it's time to bring in Chamberlain, Hughes and finally MO!!!!!!

P.S. to Jayson: Yep, he "ran" himself outta a RUN!!!! and he did it again last night. Doesn't Joe realize these are the Bronx Bombers and not the Phillies? A little NL mixed in is fine and good but, we're in the AL and the Bronx not the NL and Shea Stadium!!! (No offense to Met fans intended but they do Suck!!! LOL LOL)
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Country
    Country Flag

WOOT!!!!!

Here we come Phillies!

I regret leaving my soul
    maybe when I die

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

boo hiss
    Sloth Love Chunk

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Yankees Win!!!! The Yankees Win!!!!!

And Browning? Hate the game not the playa!!!!!! LOL LOL

Hope its 1950 all over again!!!!

Aura & Mystique are back!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

it should prove to be a very interesting matchup

as much as the yankees are a team built to thrive in that launchpad of a stadium, if i had to pick a single other team that could take advantage of a park like that one, it'd be the phillies. like the yankees, they are stacked top to bottom with guys that can send the ball for a ride.

my one hope for this series is that girardi gets his head out of his ass with the bullpen situation. he made some rather questionable decisions against the angels, costing us the game at least once. hopefully, he learned that lesson.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lux interior View Post
    it should prove to be a very interesting matchup

as much as the yankees are a team built to thrive in that launchpad of a stadium, if i had to pick a single other team that could take advantage of a park like that one, it'd be the phillies. like the yankees, they are stacked top to bottom with guys that can send the ball for a ride.

my one hope for this series is that girardi gets his head out of his ass with the bullpen situation. he made some rather questionable decisions against the angels, costing us the game at least once. hopefully, he learned that lesson.
    Couldn't agree more. We need to get someone to Super-Glue his ass to the bench!!!!! They should nail Gardners foot to the floor as well. Girardi pulls bats for speed too often. Like last night he put in Gardner with Cano on second. Had the Angels tied it we would have been without Matsui's bat. Just didn't seem to warrant the loss of the bat against Gardners speed to score as you would need a double (at least) to get him in anyway, cause he wasn't scoring until Cano did.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lux interior View Post
    My one hope for this series is that Girardi gets his head out of his ass with the bullpen situation. he made some rather questionable decisions against the angels, costing us the game at least once. hopefully, he learned that lesson.
    No kidding, it was frustrating.

Well, at least we get a well rested C.C. Sabathia tomorrow night. He has really proved his worth this season.

I regret leaving my soul
    maybe when I die

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well for the most part Girardi has kept his ass on the bench until necessary and we are:

1 win from 27 World Championships!!!!

Yeah Baby!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

By the Way.......Go Brother henderson and the Falcon's (Roddy White) vs the Ain'ts!!!!

And Spaceman this is a Fantasy dilemma.....I've got Colston on my $$ League team but I'm rooting for Mitton to win.......Is there no Fantasy Football God? LBNOLl (Laughing but not out loud, just for you!!)

Damn!!!! I thought I was posting in the DT Fantasy Football thread!!!!!! Ok I'm an idiot!!
    Last edited by Merlin1958; 11-02-2009 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Mistaken Thread
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

27th World Championships!!!

This One's for the Boss!!

Thanks George and the rest of the World Champion

N.Y. Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, 2009 is behind us and we are World Champions!!!!

Now, as George said to Girardi, "Let's get to work on No. 28!!!!!!!!!

New Thread, I think?

Go Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Default Yankees - 2010 Edition

OK Yankee fans we won in 2009 now it's time to "get back to work" supporting the 2010 version of our World Champion "N.Y. Yankees!!!!!

Hot Stove reports are welcome!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

i think this thread has gotten enough response to warrant their being a yankees thread, but not a second one (though i suspect you were joking). for now we can leave it as it is, but perhaps soon i can just change it to "The New York Yankees Thread" and then we can just discuss all yankee related material here. sound reasonable?

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

How soon should we archive the '09 Yankee thread? I'm thinking now as you started a '10 thread.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Why not just merge the two and change the title to reflect the 2010 season.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking merging the tqo threads.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Great idea!!! That's why they put guys like you in charge!!! Innovative thinking.

Seems like a good solution to me, but whichever you guys deem appropriate works for me!!!

Yanks in 2010!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Demon of the Prim IWasSentWest is on a distinguished road IWasSentWest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

go braves.....

I have many leather bound books.
    I'm kind of a big deal.

Changing the plans that I’ve been setting on, I’m scared by the way that my life is getting gone

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by IWasSentWest View Post
    go braves.....

Fair enough!! But you may not command much support for that sentiment here!!! LOL LOL LOL

Do you recall Jim Leyritz? J/K
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Great idea!!! That's why they put guys like you in charge!!! Innovative thinking.

Seems like a good solution to me, but whichever you guys deem appropriate works for me!!!

Yanks in 2010!!!!

I'm on my way to do that now.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    How soon should we archive the '09 Yankee thread? I'm thinking now as you started a '10 thread.
    Do I detect an OTYF (Other Than Yankee fan) at work here?

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sung to "Mrs. Robinson" Where have you gone all you Yankee fans? the Yanks have left but have not gone away.................hey hey hey!!

Hot stove!!! Should they sign pettitte? Damon? Matsui? Holliday?

Trade for Halladay?

Weigh in folks! Baseball goes into "sleeper" mode but not away!!! What will the Stienbrenner's get us for Christmas?

LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 97 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast