Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 97 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Looks like the Red Sox have taken over this thread! 5-1 and counting today!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And yes, that sweet song you hear is the fat lady once again!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Just hoping you go to see the pre-game ceremony tonight. It's great to see the rivalry put aside, if only for a moment, to honor a class act. Here's to Rivera!

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Go A's!!!!!
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Had to stop in and instigate
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Ever notice that none of you cretin's teams have threads? Go ahead, live vicarious through the Yanks. After all, it's really all you have. Certainly not WS Trophies to ease your pain. LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Looks like the Red Sox have taken over this thread! 5-1 and counting today!
    5 posts in almost a century? I think we can live with that.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Seems like such a shame that the 'Greatest Closer of all time" should go out like this. He also "owns" the post-season. We'll miss you, Mo!!!!

Kinda sobering that this will not be played at the stadium anymore.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

We're still in it!! The TB series will determine the outcome!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Even if we sweep TB, the final series will make the determination. Hosuton could be the big spoiler. We can take nothing for granted at this time!

If the NYY win the 6 remaining games (3@Houston; 3@TB), then TB needs to lose at least 2 for a tie for the second WC slot - assuming Cleveland gest the first slot - they have 6 games remaining with 2 against White Sox (61 - 54) AND 4 against Twins (65 - 90) by far the easiest remaining schedule and they are currently 0.5 behinds TB right now. TB' s other 4 games are 1 Os (81 - 74) and 3 Blue Jays (71 - 84).

So if Yankess sweep twice (we can hope) and TB loses 2 of 4 between Os and Jays) we woudl be tied at 88 - 74. Would have to play a tie breaker game to get teh 2nd C slot. bad for our pitching, but that is another horror story right now. This also assumes that Texas with 7 games remaining goes 3 - 4 or worse (they play Houston for three and LA for 4.) Houston is awful but you have to watch out for the spoiler teams - we have to beat Hosuton. KC would have to win 6 of 7 remaining to join the tie between NYY and TB. they play 3 at Seattle (68 - 88) and 4 with White Sox (61 - 94). The O's have 7 games remaining, TB Rays, 2 with Blue Jays and 3 with Boston. Under this scenario they would need to in all 7 to join the tie!

Only thing I'd bet on right now is Cleveland will grab the 1st Wild Card. Second is up int he air. TB or KC or Tex or NYY - I think the O's although mathematically still in it have no shot!

And remember I said pitching - well if by miracle teh planets all align and the Yankees snag a WC slot, ho will pitch? CC is odne for the year! Kuroda, Pettitt, Nova I guess - please dont throw Phiul Hughes out there. Go with a rookie if need be!

So , how about them Giants...oh never mind right now! they're sharing their spotlight witht eh lowly RedSkins right now! :-(
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wake me up when the math is done!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think its done! :-(

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Sadly, the "Fat Lady" has sung her song. Now shall come all the nay-sayer's from the woodwork in order to gloat. Have at it, you "little" folk. The "Mighty Yanks" have fallen!!! However, remember, when has your "team risen"? When will a single "Championship" adorn your clubhouse? Ours has "27 Titles"!!! Will you be the "Diamondbacks" with a single, sad trophy? Or will your team embark on a road toward total "greatness"? We shall see....

Good luck to all the Post season entrants, except "Boston" (may they rot in hell)!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well said my friend.

Guess I'll root for Cleveland for a bit - I do like Nick Swisher!

Was Mo's final "mo"ment in at Yankee Stadium awesome or what!

A true Legend!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well said my friend.

Guess I'll root for Cleveland for a bit - I do like Nick Swisher!

Was Mo's final "mo"ment in at Yankee Stadium awesome or what!

A true Legend!
    Yes, in typical "Yankee" fashion they gave "The Sandman" a absolutely wonderful send-off. Such a shame he had to go out on a season in which they did not make the playoff's. We will miss him greatly!!!

As for the rest of the MLB post-season? On to another dismal N.Y. football season!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

GO A'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    GO A'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You cannot imagine the many "Thanks" that go with that statement. Shame the "A's" are not worthy of a thread of their own. Then again, when the game is on the line, no one thought to watch for "Jeter" did they? Best of luck to you, Garrell!!!

Spoiler:
    NOT!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

LOL, knew that would get a response
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    LOL, knew that would get a response
    LOL Then I suppose you are prepared for an Oakland loss?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

WS Win!!!!!!
    Wish List:
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Sadly, the "Fat Lady" has sung her song. Now shall come all the nay-sayer's from the woodwork in order to gloat. Have at it, you "little" folk. The "Mighty Yanks" have fallen!!! However, remember, when has your "team risen"? When will a single "Championship" adorn your clubhouse? Ours has "27 Titles"!!! Will you be the "Diamondbacks" with a single, sad trophy? Or will your team embark on a road toward total "greatness"? We shall see....

Good luck to all the Post season entrants, except "Boston" (may they rot in hell)!!!!!
    The road to "hell" is paved with Yankees of old - too bad you have live so much in the past!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The road to "hell" is paved with Yankees of old - too bad you have live so much in the past!
    The only reason you don't, is you can't!!!!! The Red Sux past is chock full of misery and bitter disappointment. We love Aaron Boone and Bucky Dent in N.Y.!!! No Bruckner's here!! LOL

Edit: BTW isn't it a bit sad that instead of celebrating your teams entry into the playoff's, you are here trashing the Yanks? (sigh) Boston folk are so petty and small minded. Is it a shame or a curse?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The only reason you don't, is you can't!!!!! The Red Sux past is chock full of misery and bitter disappointment. We love Aaron Boone and Bucky Dent in N.Y.!!! No Bruckner's here!! LOL

Edit: BTW isn't it a bit sad that instead of celebrating your teams entry into the playoff's, you are here trashing the Yanks? (sigh) Boston folk are so petty and small minded. Is it a shame or a curse?
    No response. Did I hit a nerve?

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

May I respectfully ask a Mod to amend the thread title to Yankees 2014 edition?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Traveler Jessie Snow is on a distinguished road Jessie Snow's Avatar

My Mood
    Relaxed
    Country
    Country Flag

I just came here to say... go Rays.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 97 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 86 ... LastLast