Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 97 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    thanks - my DT Ode to the Men in Pinstripes, especially the Core Four Jeter, Posada, Pattitte adn Rivera!
    Very creative!!! I enjoyed it very much!!!

For now, we'll have to settle on winning the "Hot Stove" wars!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Shall I archive this thread on 11/1, or wait until January 1, 2013?

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Actually Jerome, if you don't mind, can you change the thread title to "2013 Edition"? We've already moved on!!! LOL

I think Brice has done it for us in the past!! We've had this thread since 2009 a very fondly remembered year!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So the right half of hte Yankee infield is "Golden" as they say! Congrats to Robbie Cano and Mark Teixeira for they defensive agility!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So the right half of hte Yankee infield is "Golden" as they say! Congrats to Robbie Cano and Mark Teixeira for they defensive agility!
    Not only that, but they also picked up the options on Cano and Grandy. I suspect Swish will be gone and Ichiro to come back.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And Soriano opted out of his contract. So, Mo must come back. Robertson is good but his bet role is setup, not closer.

Yeah i see Swisher gone and Ichiro hanging around!

My biggest concern is catcher! Martin is a great defensive catcher but had a bad year at the plate, although he did come on strong near the end. He is a free agent right now! WOnder when Austin Romine be ready? I see either Cervelli or Stewart as the backup catcher only!

As to pitching, I'd like to see Pettitte back for one more season - he has it in him; Pinieda will be a starter but probalby not until May or June according to what I've read. They need to resign Kuroda; I think Hughes will be fine. Garcia needs to go away! Ivan Nova is a big question mark right now - I almost think I'd rather see Phelps as the 5th starter.

Nunez should be on the 25 man roster; Ibanez yes if he is a big bat off the bench and not an every day starter!

What do you think Bill?

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And Soriano opted out of his contract. So, Mo must come back. Robertson is good but his bet role is setup, not closer.

Yeah i see Swisher gone and Ichiro hanging around!

My biggest concern is catcher! Martin is a great defensive catcher but had a bad year at the plate, although he did come on strong near the end. He is a free agent right now! WOnder when Austin Romine be ready? I see either Cervelli or Stewart as the backup catcher only!

As to pitching, I'd like to see Pettitte back for one more season - he has it in him; Pinieda will be a starter but probalby not until May or June according to what I've read. They need to resign Kuroda; I think Hughes will be fine. Garcia needs to go away! Ivan Nova is a big question mark right now - I almost think I'd rather see Phelps as the 5th starter.

Nunez should be on the 25 man roster; Ibanez yes if he is a big bat off the bench and not an every day starter!

What do you think Bill?
    I agree with all you've said.

Even if Mo comes back it'll likely be only for 2013. I think they would be nuts not to give Sori a 4 year deal. They need an heir to Mo and he is clearly it!!

They say Sanchez and Romine are still a year away so Martin makes sense and they should get him a little cheaper.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Sanchez should be the heir apparent from what I've heard about him!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think Sanchez should be the heir apparent from what I've heard about him!
    Oh, I agree, but apparently he is a year or two away. Sign Martin for now and wait on Sanchez, I guess. Truth be told the Yanks need more .300 hitters than power IMHO

Remember 1998?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Actually Jerome, if you don't mind, can you change the thread title to "2013 Edition"? We've already moved on!!! LOL

I think Brice has done it for us in the past!! We've had this thread since 2009 a very fondly remembered year!!! LOL
    Done.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Many Thanks!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So Mo says he'll pitch. Yankees make offers to Shisher, Kuroda and Soriano. THe offers inteneded to gain the Yankees picks in the 2013 Draft supplemental 1st round once those players move on and do not accept the offers! Kuroda hopefully accepts! Swisher looking for and will probably get a multi-year deal somewhere, Soriano will be closing for years to come someplace else!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So Mo says he'll pitch. Yankees make offers to Shisher, Kuroda and Soriano. THe offers inteneded to gain the Yankees picks in the 2013 Draft supplemental 1st round once those players move on and do not accept the offers! Kuroda hopefully accepts! Swisher looking for and will probably get a multi-year deal somewhere, Soriano will be closing for years to come someplace else!
    The Yanks would be nuts not to enter into multi-year negotiations with Soriano immediately!!!!!! IMHO!! Sign Ichiro and let Swish go. Oh, and go after Kuroda, HARD!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I thought this might be interesting to some folks. From the "Yankees InBox"...

I understand that the Yankees' front office is standing firm on reducing the payroll to $189 million in 2014 to avoid the luxury tax. What counts toward the $189 million and what is the penalty for going over that amount?
    -- Cameron B., Greenwood, Ind.

This seems like a good place to start our discussion this week, since Hal Steinbrenner's $189 million directive stands as such a major part of the offseason planning. While there are other expenses that factor in, the most important parts of the payroll figure are the dollars related to the 40-man roster, calculated from the average annual value of each contract, plus medical benefits and performance bonuses.

The Yankees have been penalized for going over the luxury tax in every season since it was implemented in 2003, and they're going to be hit again in 2013, when the threshold sits at $178 million. There's not much they can do about that. But the threshold rises to $189 million in 2014, and because there are significant incentives to get underneath that for at least one year, the Steinbrenners are making that their goal.

How significant are those incentives? Since the Yankees have exceeded the luxury tax more than three times since '03 (only the Yankees and Red Sox have ever exceeded it more than once), they will be charged at a 50-percent rate in '13, up from 42.5 percent in '12. Paying a 50-cent penalty on each dollar is significant when we're talking about deals in the tens of millions.

If the Yankees get under $189 million to avoid paying the luxury tax for 2014, however, they will be in position to receive amnesty under the Collective Bargaining Agreement. That way, if they exceed the figure in 2015 (with a big free-agent class ahead), their tax rate would return to the first-time offender rate of 17.5 percent. It's complicated and there's much more to it, but this is a huge reason why the Yankees appear reluctant to offer multiyear deals this winter.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Shouldn't we all be talking about the Blue Jays. See the deal we made. The Yankees will have nothing on us next season.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Shouldn't we all be talking about the Blue Jays. See the deal we made. The Yankees will have nothing on us next season.
    Well, You need to vacate the premises immediately!!! LOL LOL LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I SHOT JETER!!! IM THE YANKEE CLIPPER!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    I SHOT JETER!!! IM THE YANKEE CLIPPER!!

You really are a world class "Ass"!!! Off your meds again are you???

Go start a BJ thread if you are such a fan!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I was referencing The Other Guys where Whalberg's character does shoot Jeter and become known as the Yankee Clipper on the NYPD. But yes, I must be off my meds to reference a movie! I can see why you would be upset with yet another AL East team to be competing next season. That, however, still sufficiently lacks the fundamental reasons for you to be a douche. Not only do you display your own ignorance and bigotry by insulting my mental health but the mental health of the entire world. On my meds, off my meds; I'm still a far nicer human being. That is a tough pill to swallow, I know, but fortunately for me and my handful of medication it is easy for me to swallow because I am used to it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I heard we re-signed Kuroda!!! Good start to the Hot Stove season!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yep, it's official!!!

NEW YORK -- Seeking stability in their rotation, the Yankees on Tuesday turned to the same place they found it a year before. The club re-signed Hiroki Kuroda to a one-year contract worth a reported $15 million plus incentives, answering perhaps the most critical question of New York's offseason.

"I suspect it was a very aggressive market for him, as it should have been," Yankees general manager Brian Cashman said. "I feel fortunate that we were able to acquire him last year, and I feel the same way this year."

Most important for the Yankees, Kuroda should provide the same sort of consistency he did in 2012, when he went 16-11 with a 3.32 ERA in 33 starts, leading the team in wins, ERA, starts, complete games and shutouts.

Though Kuroda recently rejected the Yankees' one-year, $13 million qualifying offer, it was widely assumed that he was still interested in a one-year deal. He was also reportedly considering a return to Los Angeles, where he played from 2008-11 with the Dodgers, or Japan, where he broke into professional baseball with the Hiroshima Carp in 1997.

"I am very happy and excited to re-sign with the Yankees," Kuroda said. "I am very grateful for all of the interest and all of the offers that I received from the various teams that courted me. It was a tough decision for me to make, but at the end of the day, I wanted to try to win a championship with the teammates that I went to battle with last season."

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

So who's next to re-sign? Ichiro????

I am really happy that Andy is back for another year!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So who's next to re-sign? Ichiro????

I am really happy that Andy is back for another year!

I sure hope so!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

OK, so Andy is back now, what's up with Ichiro? He feels better than Swisher though Swisher was a great guy from what I hear!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 97 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast