Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 97 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't care what anybody says, Judge's home run was farther than 448 feet.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I don't care what anybody says, Judge's home run was farther than 448 feet.

I hear ya. That boy sure gives you your money's worth!!!!

He sure has made the 6 hole his own. I really like him in that spot.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup. He should have one more. That idiot in right field reached over and cost him one. It would have been a home run either way, but umps are umps.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yup. He should have one more. That idiot in right field reached over and cost him one. It would have been a home run either way, but umps are umps.

Yeah? I thought the Ump made the right call and he ain't gonna get many triples!!! lol

This team, so far, has been too much fun to watch!!!! I hope they can keep it going. SP will tell the tale.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post

Yeah? I thought the Ump made the right call and he ain't gonna get many triples!!! lol

This team, so far, has been too much fun to watch!!!! I hope they can keep it going. SP will tell the tale.
    True, triples are nice. It's good to fill that category.

You don't think that ball was going to end up in the stands whether that guy reached over or not? I understand that in that spot, the umpire is not going to rule it a home run in most cases.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

True, triples are nice. It's good to fill that category.

You don't think that ball was going to end up in the stands whether that guy reached over or not? I understand that in that spot, the umpire is not going to rule it a home run in most cases.

From the angle "Yes-Mo" showed it appeared to be about a foot short, but that is from seeing it on TV. Certainly, in N.Y. they were waiting for that guy to leave. If only because he flubbed the catch!!! lol lol lol

Besides, I think, AJ may have been happier with the triple than a "Cheapo" HR. He generally launches balls at satellites!!!! LOL
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

How about them Yanks???? 4 in a row, 1st place and perhaps the most exciting game of the year, so far last night!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The first month was amazing and May has started out just as well. Not even the Yankees fan that views the Yankees through the most pin striped colored glasses could have expected this.

Of course, they played perhaps their worst game of the year when me, my dad and my friends saw them at the stadium. Game one last week against the Jays.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Judge, with a broom in the 7th??????????

Lordy, this team is fun to watch so far this season. They're in every game no matter the score!!!!!

Edit: JACOBY-TIME!!!!!!!!

Edit: 3 outs from the broom!!!!

Edit: SHIT!!!!!

I miss, MO!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Chapman is struggling.

But they have a very good team. Definitely built for a strong few years.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Chapman is a frustrating pitcher. I've always felt that way. All he tries to do is blow 103 MPH fastballs by people. He gets up 0-2 on the first batter and ends up walking him because he's trying to throw the ball threw a wall. How about you take a few MPH off of it and paint the outside corner for once. You can get by with 98, believe me.

Also, I know he doesn't need it, but his secondary pitches border on below average most of the time. Every once in awhile he will have a plus-plus slider that people have no chance at, but it's rare. Mainly because he often times has no reason to use it. I will say this, though. He was getting squeezed a bit in the 9th.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Where were you when "The Captain" had his number retired?

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Chapman, on the DL is hurting big time and the starters are faltering a bit, We'll need some help come the break, but the bats have been solid for the most part. Gardy, for clean-up!!!! LOL LOL Tanaka needs to get on track!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

All Rise!!!!!!

Aaron Judge with the Grand Salami!!!!!

Spoiler:
    IMHO, the best thing about this boy is he not only hits MONSTER home runsm but he hits for average too!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

All Rise!!!!!!

Aaron Judge with the Grand Salami!!!!!

Spoiler:
    IMHO, the best thing about this boy is he not only hits MONSTER home runsm but he hits for average too!!!!
    And he's a pretty dam good defensive player as well - lots of range and a cannon arm! What's not to like - You be the "Judge!" ;-)
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Judge has shown the ability to adjust not only from at bat to at bat, but he's show the ability to adjust during the at bat.

To me, that's the sign of somebody who really gets it. The league has started to adjust to him, but he adjusts back.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If the pitching can maintain, and we've already experienced a "lull" as it were, they really have a chance at the post season, so far. All the young guys and energy makes for a very exciting club.

That being said, I think they will need a starter come the break.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If the pitching can maintain, and we've already experienced a "lull" as it were, they really have a chance at the post season, so far. All the young guys and energy makes for a very exciting club.

That being said, I think they will need a starter come the break.
    The fact that they are currently in 1st place when their Ace has a 6.50 ERA is insane to me. Tanaka's elbow is shot. I said it years ago when he first came down with the injury and I stand by my statement. If he had the surgery back then, he'd be back to full strength now, right when the younger players are starting to develop.

Instead, what you have is a pitcher who should be in his prime that looks like a shell of himself. I say sit him for a month and call up Chance Adams.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, C. C. (and Pineda for that matter) are having themselves quite a season so far!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You spoke too soon.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

We're rolling now!!!! 2 of 3 from the Sox and 6-0 in the second game vs the O's!!!!

Edit: 9-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've watched a lot of Yankees baseball in my life. I'm not sure I've seen a destructive streak like this ever. It's amazing. We should enjoy it while it lasts.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I've watched a lot of Yankees baseball in my life. I'm not sure I've seen a destructive streak like this ever. It's amazing. We should enjoy it while it lasts.
    And I as well. In fact, I probably been watching the Boys from the Bronx longer than you, no disrespect. Barring injuries* and the starting pitching holding up, I see no reason they can't ride this to the post season this year. They are starting to remind me of the '98 Yanks an awful lot. SO FAR!!!!

* Which they have already weathered a few,
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And I as well. In fact, I probably been watching the Boys from the Bronx longer than you, no disrespect. Barring injuries* and the starting pitching holding up, I see no reason they can't ride this to the post season this year. They are starting to remind me of the '98 Yanks an awful lot. SO FAR!!!!

* Which they have already weathered a few,
    I'm sure you have. I'm 37. My dad maybe has been watching longer than you though. He's 65 and he said he can only remember a few stretches like that.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Nice sweep by the Oakland A's!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 97 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 ... LastLast