Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,976 to 2,000 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Yankees fans. Would you trade Andujar and a package of other prospects for Bumgarner?
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    Yankees fans. Would you trade Andujar and a package of other prospects for Bumgarner?
    I have mixed feelings. Great bat but defense is awful!!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

There is a trade formulating. Andujar for Realmuto for Thor from the Mets!!!!! I like it!!!!!! That would seem to also mean they go after Manny!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd be shocked if the Mets made any trade where Syndergaard ended up in pinstripes.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, some very good moves made by Cashman & Co.!!! Lemahieu and Ottavino particularly recently but still waiting for the big bang, Machado!!!!! Looks like we may have a nice deal in the works for, Gray too. I still say we need to sign, Manny and maybe one more starter.

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

They’ll have too many middle infielders with Machado in the mix. I don’t see it happening.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    They’ll have too many middle infielders with Machado in the mix. I don’t see it happening.
    Not really. I understand Andujar for Kluber may be in play. If so, Manny is a must. Plus, I don't see how they can pass up a chance to sign someone like him. Great defense and a huge bat. And he wants to be a Yankee. Make it happen, Cash!!!!!!! Even if they don't trade Andujar. Tulo can also play first and Lemahieu would be utility. Also, we don't know how long, Didi will take to get back in form. He'll have no spring like, Walker last year. It's just smart and they have the bucks, I think they're just haggling the years.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Well, some very good moves made by Cashman & Co.!!! Lemahieu and Ottavino particularly recently but still waiting for the big bang, Machado!!!!! Looks like we may have a nice deal in the works for, Gray too. I still say we need to sign, Manny and maybe one more starter.

Why do we need to sign Manny?

Because he puts up 100 RBI seasons year after year? He's had one. Last year.
    Because Andujar didn't show enough offensively last year?
    Because their offense isn't good enough and we need an All-Star at every position?

Which one of those is it?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Not really. I understand Andujar for Kluber may be in play. If so, Manny is a must. Plus, I don't see how they can pass up a chance to sign someone like him. Great defense and a huge bat. And he wants to be a Yankee. Make it happen, Cash!!!!!!! Even if they don't trade Andujar. Tulo can also play first and Lemahieu would be utility. Also, we don't know how long, Didi will take to get back in form. He'll have no spring like, Walker last year. It's just smart and they have the bucks, I think they're just haggling the years.
    And you want Kluber because of his stellar track record in the postseason, right?

See, for those not in the know, I posed questions to Merlin in "His" thread and he didn't like that, so he blocked me. Unfortunately, we will never get answers to my questions.

Machado is a great player, but he's only driven in 100 RBIs once, has never hit over .300 and has played in one of, if not the best place for a right-handed hitter to hit his entire career.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Gray deal is done!!! Now on to, Manny and maybe Kluber. Though I wonder why I haven't been able to find any info on Montgomery. I know he had TJ and all, but he looked very promising in '17. Anyone heard anything regarding his status? I assumed he'd be back for S/T this year and a viable candidate as a 5th starter.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Why do we need to sign Manny?

Because he puts up 100 RBI seasons year after year? He's had one. Last year.
    Because Andujar didn't show enough offensively last year?
    Because their offense isn't good enough and we need an All-Star at every position?

Which one of those is it?
    And you want Kluber because of his stellar track record in the postseason, right?

See, for those not in the know, I posed questions to Merlin in "His" thread and he didn't like that, so he blocked me. Unfortunately, we will never get answers to my questions.

Machado is a great player, but he's only driven in 100 RBIs once, has never hit over .300 and has played in one of, if not the best place for a right-handed hitter to hit his entire career.

Fortunately, I do not have to read what ever clever or wry comment you've posted, but what ever it was............................................... ...................................

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I hope the Yankees don't get Machado just to fuck with you.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Mariano "Mo" Rivera!!!!

First ballot, first unanimous Baseball Hall of Famer!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And the, Moose got in as well!!!!!!

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/mik...me/c-302989232

As you may recall, Moose was pitching when this happened........................

Talk about memorable games/moments..........................In addition to that magic, Moose pitched one helluva game that day.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Proud to be a Yankee fan right now!

Liking my signed Mariano baseball even more now!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm glad Yankees fans are showing some love to Mussina. He's never been fully embraced by some Yankees fans because he joined the team after the dynasty and never helped them win a championship, but he had a great career where he pitched in the AL East his entire career during the steroid era.

I always felt like his timing was poor. He joined the Yankees the year after they won in 2000 (they should have won in 2001) and left the year before they won in 2009. Still amazed that he retired after winning 20 games.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Ok Bill, so I thought I'd give you a laugh. Not sure if you know, but I direct the school plays for my high school. So, this year I am directing Neil Simon's The Odd Couple (female version), set in New York City, 1985. Olive (Oscar Madison in the original) is still a sports nut, so that means me buying...ugh...some Yankees garb. First purchase...ugh...a Bucky Dent shirt. I sure hope that the adults in my audience don't hate her. Have a good yuck!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Ok Bill, so I thought I'd give you a laugh. Not sure if you know, but I direct the school plays for my high school. So, this year I am directing Neil Simon's The Odd Couple (female version), set in New York City, 1985. Olive (Oscar Madison in the original) is still a sports nut, so that means me buying...ugh...some Yankees garb. First purchase...ugh...a Bucky Dent shirt. I sure hope that the adults in my audience don't hate her. Have a good yuck!
    Are you trying to get the poor girl killed!

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I know, it's Patriots country too, and I just purchased a New York Giants phone. Oh, the humanity!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know, it's Patriots country too, and I just purchased a New York Giants phone. Oh, the humanity!
    From my experiences, no matter how many Super Bowls the Pats win, they are still sore over those Giants losses. We are truly the only thing keeping the Patriots from complete immortality, them and a little assist from the Eagles.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

From my experiences, no matter how many Super Bowls the Pats win, they are still sore over those Giants losses. We are truly the only thing keeping the Patriots from complete immortality, them and a little assist from the Eagles.
    Not "both" losses - for me it will always be the helmet catch!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, to me there will always be not handing the ball off to Lynch on the goaline and Dan Quinn not understanding clock management.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, to me there will always be not handing the ball off to Lynch on the goaline and Dan Quinn not understanding clock management.
    Sorry, but I had to show you what I won at a charity auction for a former student of mine who passed away. My Malcom Butler signed Super Bowl hat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 97 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 82 90 ... LastLast