Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 97 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

This is getting worrisome.

I'm sure a certain frequent poster here is seeing only good things.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    This is getting worrisome.

I'm sure a certain frequent poster here is seeing only good things.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, go figure. Yanks are 30 games over .500 and fucking 10 games out!!! Sux are just on fire (Bastards) I suppose all we can hope for is that they sorts correct to the mean sometime soon. Judge & Sanchez on the DL is killing us. To me especially Sanchez. Man, has he been a disappointment so far this year not only in performance, but there are some attitude questions as well. Stanton has certainly stepped up in their absence so far and Cashman certainly did his thing trade wise though Britton has been spotty at best so far. Looks like we'll be settling for the WC, but watch out for Oakland and Seattle.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They are easily the worst 30 wins over 500 team I've ever seen. I'm sure they will get hot again soon, but they better get their act together.

You, my dad and most Yankees fans are focusing on the wrong things. Yes, you need Judge and Sanchez to come back and hit, but the bigger issue is Severino and the pitching staff. If Sevy doesn't turn it around, you're not going anywhere and the rest of the staff has to step up too. You can't keep putting your team in the hole. It's always going to come down to pitching. That's just the way it is.

I would also stop worrying about The Red Sox and I don't want to hear about 1978.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't want to jinx things, but "things" are certainly looking up at this juncture. Didi & Sanchez are on track to return too!!!

Spoiler:
    Could, Luke Voit be this teams, Shane Spencer?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I don't want to jinx things, but "things" are certainly looking up at this juncture. Didi & Sanchez are on track to return too!!!

Spoiler:
    Could, Luke Voit be this teams, Shane Spencer?
    Yeah, they looked great yesterday. The pitching is wonderful.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I've been "Banned" for a bit, but now I'm back. Well, the season ended rather horribly!!! We'll have to look to next year. To address current topics of discussion in the "Yankee Universe", with, DiDi going down with Tommy John I suppose the push will be on for, Manny. Apparently he has made N.Y. his preferred destination and we'll need a SS. I suppose the best we can say about this season is that at least a few key folks got their first taste of the post season.

Manny, aside we need to focus on the pitching staff this "Hot Stove" season. A few decisions need to be made in the bullpen. We should re-sign, Happ, Sevy & Tanaka are under contract so a premium starter or two should be the goal. Kuechel & Corbin are out there. I have every confidence in Mssrs Cashman and Steinbrenner. We should be a force once again next year with a reinforced starting rotation.

See ya on the "Hot Stove"!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You and I have rarely seen eye-to-eye over the years, but I was literally just thinking about checking this thread out to see if you have left any final thoughts, then I saw you just posted in here. We're on the same page this time.

This was a tale of two seasons. The Yankees looked like a team to be reckoned with in the first half. Then the second half happened. Injuries started to pile up and it seemed like they were never able to put it all together again.

The amazing part is that they still won 100 games, but if I'm being honest, they must have been one of the weaker 100 win teams I've ever seen.

Some of the biggest issues with the team were things many of us predicted. The rotation was a little short at times and the offense was one dimensional and relied way too much on the long ball.

There were a few bright spots though. Andujar and Torres had fantastic rookie years.

The Yankees have to hope Sanchez rebounds from an awful year. He's a better hitter than he showed this year. I'm not sure what they do with Bird. His inability to do anything this year really killed them because he was one of the few left handed bats they had in the lineup. I think he gets another chance next year, but I wouldn't be surprised if they give up on him.

I think they have to bring back Happ and I think they need to add another arm. I prefer Corbin. I'd let C.C. go and thank him for his years of valued service. Let's not forget, they have Montgomery coming back next year too. Many have seemed to have forgotten about him.

In regards to Machado, I think they stay away. I honestly think the guy they should go after his Murphy. He adds a pure bat from the left side, he's played in NY and he's versatile. He can play 2B while Didi recovers and then can slide over to first. As good as Voight was, I'd sell high on him. No way he duplicates what he did this year.

Overall, I'm not surprised they didn't win this year. I thought all year they were a year away from winning a championship.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Read this little nugget on the Yanks webpage........................................... ...................

"The doctor came back into the room where Didi Gregorius, with his elbow ailing and his future in question, was awaiting word on the MRI results.

"Give it to me straight, Doc," Gregorius said, fearing the worst -- Tommy John surgery, which would delay his availability for the 2019 season.

The doctor took a deep breath, gathered his thoughts. Moments like these are difficult, and he was cognizant of Gregorius' feelings.

Finally, he looked his patient in the eye.

"Well," the doctor said, "it sure looks like the Yankees will be signing Manny Machado!""

Notes: I belong to several FB Yankee groups and a popular discussion has been trading, Andujar for this guy (s) or the next to solve perceived holes in the line-up.

I just want to go on record that no matter what defensive woes he had in '18 you do not and should not look to trade the likely AL ROY. I say work with him in the off season and let it play itself out until at least 2020/21.

Also, FWIW do not sign, C.C.. Do sign, Happ. Contract Keuchel. And shore up the Pen again (There are a couple key contracts to address there). Don't worry about, Stanton & Sanchez. They will likely work themselves out in 2019.

Lastly, there is some truly carzy shit spewed by fans in these "Fan Groups"!!!!! lol

P.S. Fuck the Red Sux. In general they suck farts from dead seagulls!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Have any of you fans/folks out there heard this crap. Alex Coea is allegedly spewing regarding the Yanks and Re Sux playoff series? What a truly ignorant and classless way to conduct himself as the first year manager of the team!!!! No fucking class from that organization. From all I've heard not even the administrative management came out with a calming or classy statement. Bunch of no class, Southie hooligans an assholes. lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Have any of you fans/folks out there heard this crap. Alex Cora is allegedly spewing regarding the Yanks and Re Sux playoff series? What a truly ignorant and classless way to conduct himself as the first year manager of the team!!!! No fucking class from that organization. From all I've heard not even the administrative management came out with a calming or classy statement. Bunch of no class, Southie hooligans an assholes. lol

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Agreed Bill.

You expect it from the fans - even some of the players and coaches, but the Manager should show a little class. Cora showed NO CLASS whatsoever!!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Some very interesting things cooking on the Hot Stove. Yanks say they figure to be BIG players in the action.

Apparently, The Giants are shopping Baumgardner!!! That would be a very handsome addition!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I like the Paxton deal. He needs to stay healthy though. I think this will be one of at least two additions to the rotation.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Word has it the, Corbin decision is forthcoming. Let's hope he makes the "Right" decision!!!! lol

Then, lets lock down, Manny and enough with the, Harper rumors!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

They don't need Machado. Their lineup is already WAY too right handed. Especially with Bird not developing properly. You need more left handed pop in the middle of that lineup with that short porch in right field. I'm not saying it needs to be Harper, but I don't think it should be Machado.

I know I'm pretty much talking to myself in this thread, but Murphy would be a perfect fit for pinstripes. The one thing the Machado supporters have yet to answer for me is what you do with Machado once Didi comes back. Move him to third? Then what do you do with Andujar? Bench? Trade? Don't say first base either. It's not as easy as people think to move over there.

Lastly, I'd like to see them make a play for Joey Votto.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

As part of the world series winning Red Sox nation, not "Sux," I truly hope that you go out and sign Machado. That would make the games so much more fun next year. Please...please...please...

I promise not invade your space, but just wanted to add that little note.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    As part of the world series winning Red Sox nation, not "Sux," I truly hope that you go out and sign Machado. That would make the games so much more fun next year. Please...please...please...

Ha ha!!!!!!

Spoiler:

Even, Sale is gonna have his hands full pitching to, Hicks, Judge, Manny, Stanton, Sanchez, Torres and Bird to name a few!!!! Also the righty/lefty and short porch is an old story. All these guys have power to all fields. I actually think that "Short Porch theory" has hindered more than one good to great hitter over the years. Tex immediately comes to mind, but there are others.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Invade our space? I still don't understand why we can't have anyone in here to talk baseball. Especially Red Sox fans. This thread is pretty sad. Two of the main Yankees fans here are myself and Merlin and he has me blocked.

Yes, it's true that the short porch has hurt some hitters. Tex is one. Giambi is another, but it has helped so many. It's up to the hitter. They can't fall in love with it. They have to not change their approach and I feel like that's what happens.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow I thought I was a main Yankee Fan! I may not post much but I have been a lifelong Yankee fan that dates back to when I started watching the Yankees at age 5. That would be 60 years ago! That's 10 Championships over the last 60 years. My all time fave is still Mickey Mantle, but right behind The Mick are The Core Four, Don Mattingly and Bernie Williams.

I was sad to see Patrick Corbin go with the Nats. So now my hope is that the Yankees bolster their rotation with one of the following: Bumgarner, Happ, Eovaldi, Keuchel.

I am not interested in either Machado or Harper. I'd like to see the Yankees sign Daniel Murphy. He could take 2nd while Torres fills in at SS for Sir Didi. Once Didi returns Torres cold go back to 2nd and Murphy to 1st/DH.

Just my thoughts.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Wow I thought I was a main Yankee Fan! I may not post much but I have been a lifelong Yankee fan that dates back to when I started watching the Yankees at age 5. That would be 60 years ago! That's 10 Championships over the last 60 years. My all time fave is still Mickey Mantle, but right behind The Mick are The Core Four, Don Mattingly and Bernie Williams.

I was sad to see Patrick Corbin go with the Nats. So now my hope is that the Yankees bolster their rotation with one of the following: Bumgarner, Happ, Eovaldi, Keuchel.

I am not interested in either Machado or Harper. I'd like to see the Yankees sign Daniel Murphy. He could take 2nd while Torres fills in at SS for Sir Didi. Once Didi returns Torres cold go back to 2nd and Murphy to 1st/DH.

Just my thoughts.
    That's why I said two of the main. In my head, you were the other one I was thinking of, but I'm ashamed to say I couldn't remember your name. I should have gone back in the thread and looked it up. My apologies.

I'm with you on Murphy. Perfect fit. I'm not sad to see Corbin go to the Nats. That was a crazy contract they gave him. He's coming off of a career year and doesn't have a huge track record of pitching like he did last year. I think there are many more moves to be made. Should be interesting.

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Leave Eovaldi alone please!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Leave Eovaldi alone please!
    I say you keep him!!! Last year was the result of a pact he made with, Satan who is well known to be the biggest and most devout, Red Sux fan. You realize ALL Boston fans go directly (without passing "Go" and no $200) to a special place in Hell reserved just for them right? There they sit and watch eternal performances of "No,No Nanette" with only former, RedSux players cast in all the parts!!! Yankee fans go straight to Heaven and are greeted by Ruth & Gehrig who show them right to their luxury box in the ethereal version of Yankee stadium where they revel in replays of every Yankee championship ever played!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

If Eovaldi does what he did last year and stays healthy for the entire season, I will eat my left and right shoe. Actually, I will do the same for Pearce, who did his best Joe Hardy impression last season. Let's not forget the guy played like a piece of shit when he was in pinstripes.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And the starters are quickly disappearing. Phew!

https://nypost.com/2018/12/06/starte...s-can-go-next/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 97 FirstFirst ... 29 69 77 78 79 80 81 89 ... LastLast