Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 97 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

• Spring Training: Schedule | Gear | Info | Roster

Pitchers and catchers report date
    Wednesday, Feb. 13

First pitchers and catchers workout
    Thursday, Feb. 14

Full-squad report date
    Monday, Feb. 18

First full-squad workout
    Tuesday, Feb. 19

New faces to know
    Infielder DJ LeMahieu, right-hander Adam Ottavino, left-hander James Paxton and shortstop Troy Tulowitzki

Top prospects to know
    Outfielder Estevan Florial, catcher Anthony Seigler and right-handers Albert Abreu, Domingo Acevedo and Jonathan Loaisiga

Where is the facility?
    George M. Steinbrenner Field is located at 1 Steinbrenner Drive in Tampa, Fla., off Dale Mabry Highway and adjacent to Raymond James Stadium, home of the NFL's Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Can fans attend workouts?
    Yes. Prior to the Grapefruit League opener, workouts at Steinbrenner Field are open to the public, free of charge.

First Grapefruit League game
    Saturday, Feb. 23, at Red Sox at 1:05 p.m. ET (played at JetBlue Park in Fort Myers, Fla.)

First TV game
    Monday, Feb. 25, vs. Blue Jays at 1:05 p.m. ET (YES Network)

One other notable game
    Friday, March 15, vs. Red Sox at 1:05 p.m. ET

Last Grapefruit League game
    Sunday, March 24, at Twins at 1:05 p.m. ET (played at Hammond Stadium in Fort Myers, Fla.)

Any additional exhibitions before the regular season?
    Monday, March 25, against Nationals at Nationals Park at 5:05 p.m. ET

Opening Day
    Thursday, March 28, vs. Orioles at Yankee Stadium at 1:05 p.m. ET

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, that hat is for a good cause, but it literally should not even exist.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Rabid Billybumbler DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of DoctorZaius has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I think I worn out my welcome. The Red Sox buses just headed for Florida and it's time to renew an old rivalry. I will let you guys begin the process of dreaming for the next World Series, whenever that may be. Have at it.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorZaius View Post
    Well, I think I worn out my welcome. The Red Sox buses just headed for Florida and it's time to renew an old rivalry. I will let you guys begin the process of dreaming for the next World Series, whenever that may be. Have at it.
    THOSE BUSES HAVE ARRIVED... Local news coverage with all the details including how many balls arrived fills the sports reporting.. Spring Training is a big deal for this area.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    THOSE BUSES HAVE ARRIVED... Local news coverage with all the details including how many balls arrived fills the sports reporting.. Spring Training is a big deal for this area.
    And here in, Arizona as well!! Unfortunately, they do not play any inter-league games!! lol However, the Bombers will be here in late April/early May for an I/L set. I'll be there in, Yankee Stadium West which is what Chase field becomes during a Yankee visit!! lol Complete with "Roll Call"!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think the most interesting thing is making sure the Red Sox don't come in last place like the year after they won the World Series last time. You guys do realize you can actually win a bunch of these things in a row, right? It's not illegal.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You know, the website and the pundits seem to be claiming an off season victory for the Yanks, but I just don't see it as yet. I still think they need to sign, Manny and another starter. Paxton was a great move, as was re-signing, Happ. C.C. was nostalgic and all, but he isn't going to make it thru the year effectively, IMHO. Ottavino was a great move as was resigning, Britton so I think the bullpen is pretty well set. With, Paxton's injuries woes and C.C.'s health they still need at least one more quality starter.

Now, while LeMahieu was a really nice pick up and potentially a gem I don't think Tulowitski was a good move at all. They're also still takng a big gamble at first as well. Now, Manny may not be the deal of the century nor may he be the end all answer, but he sure as hell adds quite a bit of depth to the line up especially when, DiDi returns. And that is another thing, we don't know when he will return or how productive he will be right away.

Bottom line, I don't think they did very much to even them up or surpass the Sox. Thoughts?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I think they did enough to overtake the Sox. We are assuming that everyone on the Red Sox will have the same year as they did last year AND stay healthy, which they all did for the most part last year. 4 or 5 players offensively for them had career years. The Yanks weren't far off from them as it was last year.

As for the moves, I'm happy with them. The Tulo move was brilliant. They aren't paying him anything. If he gives them anything, it's gravy.

The only way I want Machado is if they then trade Andugar for Bumgarner. Otherwise, I pass.

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post
    You never know who might show up early for Spring Training... or to check out thier team
    [IMG][/IMG]
    This is not the type of book to carry to events or signings which are far away however since it has been on the list to get signed for a long time I have a special case to house it when there is a chance of running into someone in a parking lot.
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well Manny it will be your loss. of course $300 million eases a lot of pain!! lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Well Manny it will be your loss. of course $300 million eases a lot of pain!! lol
    Well, the Yankees didn't get Machado. Season is over. Honestly, they should just contract the Yankees now. There's no hope for the future.

Machado and his string of one 100 RBI season in a row is something they will never overcome. Let's also not forget he played his entire career in one of the best hitters ballparks in baseball and will now be playing in one of the worst hitters ballparks in baseball.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Almost there.................Almost there!!!!!!!!!!!

So, I like to incentivize for my doctors when I'm in the hospital and my Hemotologist is very good and a great friend. He is almost as huge a fan as I so by way of a "Thank You" for his efforts during this surgery I got him a signed Yankee baseball. Graig Nettles, the intrepid 3rd baseman from the '70's, a favorite of us both not only for his play at 3rd but also for acting as the referee between, Munson & Jackson during those playoff/WS runs. Naturally, his signature (verified by Steiner) is on the ball but he also wrote "Boston Sucks"!!! lol lol

That's a collectible that will stick out!!!! LOL LOL LOL

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Yankees supposed to play an exhibition game at Nationals Park. Originally I was going to get tickets but didn't due to Retina Surgery ten days ago. I still cannot drive and my wife can't get the time off from work to take me! Besides its supposed to rain later today.

By the way, if you've ever had a gas bubble put into your eye its really really bizarre. Its there to put pressure on the surgery site (the macula) to aid in the healing process. Of course for the first few days you have to remain head down so that the bubble rests on the macula. I'm past that now but can still see the bubble even with my eye closed.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Just logged on today to see what's up and only looking at a few threads due tot he annoying gas bubble in eye.

Back to the Yankees. Baseball season is finally here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Yankees supposed to play an exhibition game at Nationals Park. Originally I was going to get tickets but didn't due to Retina Surgery ten days ago. I still cannot drive and my wife can't get the time off from work to take me! Besides its supposed to rain later today.

By the way, if you've ever had a gas bubble put into your eye its really really bizarre. Its there to put pressure on the surgery site (the macula) to aid in the healing process. Of course for the first few days you have to remain head down so that the bubble rests on the macula. I'm past that now but can still see the bubble even with my eye closed.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Just logged on today to see what's up and only looking at a few threads due tot he annoying gas bubble in eye.

Feel better, Bob!!!!! I HATE having any sort of medical issue with my eyes so, I feel your pain!!!!

Baseball is BACK!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

My dad had to have a procedure on his eye where he had to keep his head down for almost a month. He had to sleep, eat and take a shower without lifting his head. They gave him one of those massage chairs and he would use a mirror to watch TV. While watching baseball, he said it was always weird because the players would run down third base.

It was no fun. Hopefully, you're doing better.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Fortunately I didn't have to go head down for near that long.

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

First pitch of 2019 tomorrow!!!! I'll be parked in front of my 65" screen with a bag of pistachio's and a water taking it all in!!! The start of a hopefully historic season. I have a good feeling about this team. After all my concern and such I think, Cash & crew did a wonderful job with the roster. Gonzalez was a smart pull at the end and Wade, Frazier and him will be readily available to pitch in with the big club. Didi is re-habbing nicely and Sanchex appears to have a brighter outlook this year. The shy should be the limit for, Judge and Stanton. Hell, everybody is bound for the series on opening day, right? lol

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The boys from the Bronx were in good form today!!!!! An excellent start to the 2019 campaign!!!! Here we go the long trek to the Series is underway!!!!

BTW, I received a signed ball today from my grandson. "Graig Nettles" the stellar 3rd baseman from the '70'-80's one of my favorite Yanks from back in the day. As a bonus he also wrote "Boston Sucks" under his name!!!! Another treasure for sure!!!

Spoiler:
    On a side note, I thought it interesting how a lot of hits went to the opposite field. It's been talked about, but I hope it is now becoming a real trend for the team. Keep a weather eye out for the hits going to the other field, folks!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Watching them vs Houston was making me physically ill!!!! They had better get their respective acts together and real soon!!! That was some of the ugliest baseball I have ever seen. Looked like my old little league team out there!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Season is over. Let's move on.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Man, talk about adversity!!! Looks like, Judge will be out a month now. Sanchez is due back on, Wed. But we won't see any significant players returning to the team until, May. What a fucking season so far!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

And Yet, with Severino, Montgomery, Judge, Stanton, Andujar, Hicks, Gregorius, Bird, Sanchez, Betances & Tulowiski out on the IL, they are still playing over .500 and only 2.5 games off the AL East Lead.

Frasier is really stepping up big time. Urshela and LeMehieu also!

Stanton and Sanchez should be back soon!

Ever the optimist I am!!!!!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And Yet, with Severino, Montgomery, Judge, Stanton, Andujar, Hicks, Gregorius, Bird, Sanchez, Betances & Tulowiski out on the IL, they are still playing over .500 and only 2.5 games off the AL East Lead.

Frasier is really stepping up big time. Urshela and LeMehieu also!

Stanton and Sanchez should be back soon!

Ever the optimist I am!!!!!
    Yeah, I gotta say as dismal as things may be injury wise for the first stringers, Cashman's deals for depth are sure paying off. And the pitching is starting to come around though, Green is having an awful time of it. Hopefully, he'll be able to figure it out. That guy has too much talent for this to continue.

Just got to make it to, May when some of the injured start to return.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The offense is scratching and clawing every night, all the while the largely healthy bullpen is doing everything in its power to blow things. It's not just Green either.

Sending him down is a good idea, he needs to get his head and mechanics right.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, now Frazier is out for 10 days and, Green, rightly so, is being sent down. Fortunately, Sanchez is back though it may take a bit to get his groove. No definitive prognosis on, Stanton's return either. We did pick up some insurance in, Maybin. Still with all that is going on the starting pitching has been good and the position players have managed to scramble an offense together. A couple of returning starters might really jump start the offense, but the vaunted bullpen is still a major concern where going into the season it looked to be a major asset.

Nevertheless, with all that has happened so far they have managed to remain in second place and a winning record. If and when they do get back to full strength they should be a juggernaut in the division. I have faith that the bullpen will turn it around and that they are succeeding in spite of such devastation. That is a testament to their strength as a "team" which should serve them well later in the season. I suppose we just need to show a little faith. There is just too much talent on this team for them to remain mediocre. Cashman and Boone have done fairly well in the face of such adversity as has the team in general.

On a side note: Next up is, El Jefe's second favorite team the, Giant's!!!! Love to see us take two of three from the boys by the Bay!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 97 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 91 ... LastLast