Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 97 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,125 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I saw this clip in an article on the NYY site and just loved the phrasing.........

How will the bullpens line up after the starter?

Yankees: After using each of their “Four Horsemen” -- Adam Ottavino, Tommy Kahnle, Zack Britton and Aroldis Chapman -- to lock down Game 1, Boone was able to get through a breezier Game 2 by only asking for three outs each from Kahnle and Ottavino. Look for Chad Green to be available as the Bombers’ Swiss Army knife reliever, and if they don’t use him, Green may be in play to serve as an opener should there be a Game 4.

The full article can be found here.........

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/twi...game-3-preview

Go Bombers!!!!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Game 3 tonight!!!!! Let's go Yank-ee's, clap, clap, clap-clap-clap!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Yankee's win!!!!!

The Yankee's win!!!!!!

Yankee's sweep Twins in ALDS!!!!

Bring on the Astro's

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

…..or....Bring on the Rays! You never know.

I do hope that the Rays win next and force a game five so that the Astros cannot line up their aces for the next series.
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    …..or....Bring on the Rays! You never know.

I do hope that the Rays win next and force a game five so that the Astros cannot line up their aces for the next series.

good point. I was in the moment. lol

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    The Yankee's win!!!!!

The Yankee's win!!!!!!

Yankee's sweep Twins in ALDS!!!!

Bring on the Astro's
    I know everyone thinks I'm too hard on him, but I'm not trying to be a jerk in this instance, but can someone very gently tell him it's Yankees and not Yankee's?

I'm not saying you need to go into a whole tutorial on how to use the apostrophe, but I think someone who fancies himself the biggest Yankees fan on the planet should know that there's no reason to show ownership in this instance. Again, not trying to be a dick here.

Lastly, for the brave soul that takes on this endeavor, please take notice of the part where I said gently. He will more than likely take it as a personal attack. Best of luck.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Yankee's

Yankee's

Yankee's

Astro's

Yankees*
    Yankees*
    Yankees*
    Astros*

Considering how the Yankees have performed with a plethora of injuries it seems unfair to consider it a one man Yankee team.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    Yankee's

Yankee's

Yankee's

Astro's

Yankees*
    Yankees*
    Yankees*
    Astros*

Considering how the Yankees have performed with a plethora of injuries it seems unfair to consider it a one man Yankee team.

Fair & Equitable statement, IMHO. Not sure what the "Yankee's*" are all about.

Saw this article on the Yank's website that seemed a fairly, fair assessment. Naturally, I have to disagree with the final prediction................

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/yan...tion-breakdown

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Can you say....Ma-Sa-Hiro?????????

Can you say.......Bullpen?????

What about.....Gleyber Torres?????

Yankee's: 1 Astro's: 0

Spoiler:
    Oh, and another multi hit game by D.J. & Judge!!!! Stanton, may be getting it together with 2 hits tonight including a HR!! Ya know, (and I'm sure someone will contradict me), but Joe Buck and everyone go on about the bullpen like it is a brand new thing. In fact, the Yanks have been doing this since '98 when it was, Stanton, Nelson & Mo. They also had a version of Green in Ramiro Mendoza (not quite even steven but still). Also, with the line up changes it may be time to move, Judge down one in the batting order and replace him with, Gardner. He's not getting the RBI chances he could though I realize his on base is wonderful and he scored runs. Still it may be worth consideration.

Spoiler:
    And you just can't say enough about, Torres. 5 RBI's tonight out of 7 runs!!!! He's the new, Jeter as far as coming through in the big moments and with more HR power.

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate to say the first game in a series is a must win, but I thought last night's game was just that. With Grienke on the mound on the road, that's a huge way to start the series. They have to beat every pitcher not named Cole/Verlander. That's just the way it is.

A couple of years ago, it wasn't so much Verlander that cost them the series. It was guys like Morton, McCullers and McHugh that they struggled against.

If they could ever steal the game tonight...

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Okay, sports fans here we go. Game 2 is Verlander who they seem to be again pitching on short rest. I watched the game 5 on, Thursday I believe and the "V" man did not have it going on in the least. Here he is pitching on what? 3 days rest? After his less than stellar game 5 performance? The Bombers have beaten this guy before mainly, as I recall, when he was with Detroit, but still. We can take this guy and get into the pen.

This is by no means a "gimmee" for the 'Stro's!!!!! So, same game plan as all year, be patient, take pitches and get deep in the count and, Verlander and the rest of the, Astro's staff can be beaten!!!!! Cole may be a different story, but we can go back to the Bronx up 2-0!!!

Side note: Did you watch, Grenieke during the game? That boy had the squirrels running around in his head!!! He can't pitch in the post season folks!!! His game vs Tampa aside he cannot take the pressure situations. I knew the minute they announced him as the game 1 starter we were in great shape!!!

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Saw Stanton is out. I'm always about looking to the future and with some great young talent on this team, and needing the money to pay them down the road, perhaps trading Stanton in the future might be a smart move.

I saw Yanks are down 0-1 as I type this.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by allasorte View Post
    Saw Stanton is out. I'm always about looking to the future and with some great young talent on this team, and needing the money to pay them down the road, perhaps trading Stanton in the future might be a smart move.

To who? What team can absorb that contract? They are stuck with Stanton, but he needs to condition better. You can't have 0 percent body fat. You will pull every muscle.

As for the series, they are going to regret not taking advantage of winning game.

Maerlyn's Imp allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte has a spectacular aura about allasorte's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post

To who? What team can absorb that contract? They are stuck with Stanton, but he needs to condition better. You can't have 0 percent body fat. You will pull every muscle.

As for the series, they are going to regret not taking advantage of winning game.
    Way easier said then done I know. I was very disappointed when they traded for him. They didn't need him and would have been better suited to go after Harper or Machado, though I wasn't fans of these two either. I am concerned when these younger studs start needing to get contracts, that Stanton's contract might hurt some of the Yanks young and bright future.
    Words have no power to impress the mind without the exquisite horror of their reality. Edgar Allan Poe

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Way easier said then done I know. I was very disappointed when they traded for him. They didn't need him and would have been better suited to go after Harper or Machado, though I wasn't fans of these two either. I am concerned when these younger studs start needing to get contracts, that Stanton's contract might hurt some of the Yanks young and bright future.
    They didn’t need machado or Harper either. Stanton was a weird trade imo.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

They didn’t need machado or Harper either. Stanton was a weird trade imo.
    Nope. They needed pitching and they still do. Win or lose the World Series. The Yankees drafted Cole out of high school and he decided to go to UCLA. They tried to trade for him before he went to Houston. You better believe they are going to be all over him this winter. The problem is he's going to want a shitload of money.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

Stros going to finish it off tonight.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Huge Game 6 tonight!!!!!!!

Starting lineup

Yankees: After trotting out the same batting order for all three games of their AL Division Series sweep of the Twins, Boone has yet to try the same order twice against Houston.

1. DJ LeMahieu, 1B
    2..Aaron Judge, RF
    3. Gleyber Torres, 2B
    4. Aaron Hicks, CF
    5. Edwin Encarnacion, DH
    6. Didi Gregorius, SS
    7. Gary Sánchez, C
    8. Gio Urshela, 3B
    9. Brett Gardner, L

5 THRU 9 NEED TO STEP UP TONIGHT!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Huge game 6? How so?

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh man!!! My nails are chewed off!!!

3-2 Astro's in the 6th. Two on, two out and The Machine coming to bat with a Houston pitching change. Tense game. Yanks have had chances, but have not cashed in. Bottom of the line up has been better, but top is wanting.

Update: And the machine grounds out to end the inning!!! Dammit!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

"The Machine" (D.J. LaMahiue) hits a 2 run blast to tie it up in the top of the 9th!!!!!!

What a Savage!!!!!

Still in the fight!!! Chapman now dealing!!!

Spoiler:
    Whatever the outcome I fucking HATE, Joe Buck!!!! What an asshole!! He reports the most inane, repetitive shit and really has no clue what is going on except what he has read in the FOX cliff notes they give him before the games!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Motherfucker, Altuve with 2 out!!!!!!!!!!!

We had a great year and fought to the last out

Spoiler:
    No more baseball this year, folks.

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Did better than my A’s. As usual
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Garrell View Post
    Did better than my A’s. As usual
    Hey, they had a really good year as well. Moneyball is a bitch in the post season though. The A's can hold their heads high having had a very good year!!!!

My Yanks can hold their heads high and be happy with a great season. They got to the ALCS,, overcoming a shitload of adversity this year. A questionable starting rotation riddled with injuries and still played 9 more games than anyone else in the AL except the fucking Astro's. Winter meetings are a month or so away and pitchers and catchers report Feb 1st!!!!

Oh, and Cole will be a FA!!!!!!!! Muwahahahahaha!!!! lol

AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED THERE IS NO MORE BASEBALL THIS YEAR!!!!!!!

Now, if you all don't mind I'm gonna need some serious alone time, lots of pharmaceutical medicines and a few blow jobs before the winter meetings.

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

I hate the Yankees and always take glee in seeing them lose, but I respect what this group were able to accomplish considering everything they had to deal with.

I'll definitely be cheering for the Nationals in the Series. They're the next closest thing I have to a Canadian team!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 85 of 97 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast