Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Another series win for the boys from Da Bronx!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I feel like they are never going to play a full game again.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well I had tickets to the 5/16 game at Washington Nationals. The day before game was suspended after 5.5 innings at 3 - 3. That game was supposed to complete on the 16th at 5:05p and ticket holders for 5/16 game could arrive early to see completion of the suspended game then an entire game.

Was on the Metro (subway) headed to game when I learned that the 5/16 game was now postponed as well. Drats. So me and the wife rode a few stops, got off in Crystal City (it's between the Pentagon and Reagan Airport) to find a place to eat. That at least was nice.

So the resumption of 5/15 game and the 5/16 game will be played at Nats Park on 6/18. Ticket holders for the 5/16 game can arrive early and see both games! WooHoo!

By the way, saw several Yankee fans on the subway and at the restaurant we ate at, but did not see any fans donning Washington Nats attire!

I also have tickets to Yankees at Camden Yards (Orioles) for July 11th. Just love Yankees baseball!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Well I had tickets to the 5/16 game at Washington Nationals. The day before game was suspended after 5.5 innings at 3 - 3. That game was supposed to complete on the 16th at 5:05p and ticket holders for 5/16 game could arrive early to see completion of the suspended game then an entire game.

Was on the Metro (subway) headed to game when I learned that the 5/16 game was now postponed as well. Drats. So me and the wife rode a few stops, got off in Crystal City (it's between the Pentagon and Reagan Airport) to find a place to eat. That at least was nice.

So the resumption of 5/15 game and the 5/16 game will be played at Nats Park on 6/18. Ticket holders for the 5/16 game can arrive early and see both games! WooHoo!

By the way, saw several Yankee fans on the subway and at the restaurant we ate at, but did not see any fans donning Washington Nats attire!

I also have tickets to Yankees at Camden Yards (Orioles) for July 11th. Just love Yankees baseball!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

vs Angels today 4-3 bottom of the 3rd. They have 3 dingers today so far, Gardy, Judge & Romine. Jesus, they are clocking dingers like other teams hit singles these days!!! lol Win today starts them on another series taken streak!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The problem is they rely too much on home runs. The better the pitching is, you have to get hits. You can't always sit back and wait for someone to hit a home run. There's still a lot of season left, so hopefully the hitting will improve.

Today they were able to score 3 runs without getting a hit, which is a good sign.

The pitching is still worrisome. Gray is going to be up and down all year. The same with Tanaka. CC is a workhorse, but at his age you don't know what you're going to get with him. They need to add a reliable starter. The sooner the better.

The bullpen is a complete mess. I'm not sure how to fix that. Robertson is not the same pitcher he was last year and throughout his career. With all that said, they are still winning games. That's a good sign.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Last night's come from behind victory was sweet - too bad all those people left the stadium before the fun started. I NEVER leave a game early winning or losing, I'm there to get what I paid for!

Torres had two errors - glad he was able to knock the winning run in, in extra innings!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Beat the Mets, Beat the Mets. Step right up and beat the Mets!!!!

I saw that the N.Y. Post printed some back n forth chatter regarding the Mets possible trade of either, Degrom or "Thor". Kind of interesting I wonder what they would be looking for or actually take? I think, Degrom' contract situation is such that he might be a rental of sorts. Hmmmmmmm

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Anybody got a ............Broom?????
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

The Mets would never trade deGrom or Thor to the Yankees. If they help the Yankees win a championship, the Mets would never hear the end of it.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, MLB scheduling is kinda fucked up. For both teams actually. Turns out they could have finished the game originally. Still, our boys are doing well. 3 out of four from the lowly Rays.

Old timer's day was great!!! Not too proud to say the intro's always get me a bit. Larsen, was there but it sadly brought back memories of, Yogi. It's really something special the organization does every year for the fans, the players, the organization and MLB. You probably already know that the yanks are the only team in MLB that does this annually.

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

7-5 win over Seattle tonight and another series victory is assured!!!!!! Stanton and The Kraken seem to be getting it together. We're doing this and the pitching staff is a mess!!!!

Is this a great year to be a Yankee fan or what?
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweep!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Bill, do you like the Yankees broadcast team? I cannot stand Michael Kay.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I suppose he has grown on me, but then again sometimes when he opens his mouth inane, crazy shit comes out. lol Generally speaking I do like the color guys. Especially, paul when he's in town. Flash and Coney are cool. That asshole from PIX (Russo?) needs to go, but Singleton is great and, Meredith ain't bad.

I will say one thing though. Whatever you may feel about the Yankee broadcast team it sure beats the heck out of the opposition. Occasionally, my Tivo records the out of town broadcast and man, do they suck!!!! i don't care for Fow either in general and I hate, Joe Buck!!! lol

Spoiler:
    I did get a kick out of a "Kay-ism", "That guy has an armpit name. meaning the spelling goes from one armpit to the next. lol I sure miss "The Scooter" though. He was the best!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    I suppose he has grown on me, but then again sometimes when he opens his mouth inane, crazy shit comes out. lol Generally speaking I do like the color guys. Especially, paul when he's in town. Flash and Coney are cool. That asshole from PIX (Russo?) needs to go, but Singleton is great and, Meredith ain't bad.

I will say one thing though. Whatever you may feel about the Yankee broadcast team it sure beats the heck out of the opposition. Occasionally, my Tivo records the out of town broadcast and man, do they suck!!!! i don't care for Fow either in general and I hate, Joe Buck!!! lol

Spoiler:
    I did get a kick out of a "Kay-ism", "That guy has an armpit name. meaning the spelling goes from one armpit to the next. lol I sure miss "The Scooter" though. He was the best!!!
    Buck is bad when he tries to talk the game otherwise I think I he’s fine. I’m a cubs fan and find both radio and tv guys to be pretty good.

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm fine with Michael McKay. Since I live in the Metro DC area most often I get Yankee games versus Orioles and the color commentator is an idiot and Gary Thorn is just dull! Even worse are the Nats guys. The color commentator tries to turn every thing that goes against the Nats into a positive but sometimes its just plain stupid. At least with the Yankees broadcasters if the opponent does something good they credit it! Kenny Singleton is superb and I like O'Neil, Flash and Coney! :-)Merideth M. has the best dam job of all.

For the record, I can't stand either Joe Buck or Bob Costas. I do like Smoltz as a commentator.

Yankees currently 28 games over .500 and in sole possession of AL East! Just think what they could be doing if they had decent pitching beyond Severino. CC aint bad. Tanaka scares me. Montgomery was OK but lost to Tommy John. The two young guys (German and Loaisiga) are OK but hopefully will improve with experience. Sonny Gray has awesome potential but isn't dependable yet. What would the Yankees have to give up to get deGrom? Cashman says Torres is untouchable (phew) and I hope Andujar is as well! :-)

The bullpen is pretty good I'd say. I am especially happy that Betances seems to be coming around as a dominant set up guy!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Things are looking good. I still want to see more clutch hitting. The reliance on home runs is a little worrisome at times. They need to get Bird and Sanchez going. Their offense can improve, which is scary.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

YANKEE'S vs. RED SUX!!!!!!!!!!!

Battle for first Place in the East!!!!!!

It don't get better than this folks!!!!!!

Top of the 3rd - Yanks 1 Red Sux 0 !!!!

Top of the 5th - Yanks 5 Red Sux 1 !!!!

Top of the 8th - Yanks 7 Red Sux 1 !!!! All Rise, the Judge went deep!!!!!

Well, we can put this one in the "W" column!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

And on the trade front............................................. ..........

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/met...es/c-283503482
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Boston is Paying the Price!!!!!

1. Top of the 3rd, Yanks 6-0!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Jascar of the Wylde EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER has much to be proud of EXPLORER's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Did not see any posts about yesterday's game...? been traveling so missed it
    We shall not cease from exploration and the end of all our exploring
    will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.

T.S. Eliot -

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by EXPLORER View Post

Did not see any posts about yesterday's game...? been traveling so missed it
    Yesterday was a bit of a Gray area!!! lol

Today however, Bottom 7th Yanks 9 Red Sux 0!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, a very "Un-Sevy" kind of a win today. Drury had a big hit which was encouraging. Holder gave up a run!!! Holy shit!!! LOL I sue hope Hicks and Chappy will be okay. Interesting game tomorrow German has been a little rocky the last 2 or 3 starts and he's pitching against a promising rookie for the Jays. Need to take Sunday's game though. Just keep winning series is the name of the game. 2 of 3 every time with the occasional sweep and we should be able to overtake the Red Sux!!!

Tanaka is due back and the Kraken is doing better. I guess we can shelve, Happ from the trade deadline!!! lol lol lol

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, I think we did rather well at the Trade deadline!!!! Cashman, is the best GM in MLB!!! Not only did he address current needs, but he also padded the bank for the future with that Intl Cash!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 97 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast