Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I don't know how they're doing it, but they're doing it!!! lol Course, they're not playing the "A" level teams right now, but still that's what you need to do. Beat up on the teams you should be able to beat up on. The starting pitching has been very good and they're hitting in the clutch.

The Kraken, just unloaded a bomb to CF to make it 6-0 in the fifth over the Giants.

The bullpen remains a concern, but has shown some signs of life. Just wait until they start getting the "A" team players back in the lineup!!!!!

Spoiler:
    Apologies to, El Jefe. I'm sure the, Giants will bounce back from this down the road, good buddy!!! Hang in there.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

A couple notes/observations after today's game. First, I'd have to say that it looks like they have solved first base with, Luke Voit. The guy has been on fire since he joined the Yanks last year. He's solid defensively and has contributed a monster bat to the lineup. Looks like, bye, bye Birdie. It's a shame, but the guy just can't seem to stay healthy.

Second, this signing caught me by surprise as I had no knowledge about the guy what so ever, but D.J. Lehahieu looks to be the signing of the year harkening back to adding someone like, Paul O'Neil. As they keep saying the guy is a professional hitter and just posts multi-hit games day in and out it seems. I can't wait to see what he does with some guys off the DL around him. When healthy this line up is designed to elicit severe damage from opposing pitching staff's. Kudo's to Cahman for having the forethought to sign him. He looks to be a central figure in any success they attain this year!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Un-fucking-believable!!!!! Our boys from the Bronx brought their brooms with them to they city of the bay and swept the Giants winning today, 11-5!!!! Unfortunately, they also added to key contributors to the walking wounded list. However, with a little luck they may be able to stay off the IL and not miss much playing time. Apparently X-rays came up negative so there is hope.

Next up is, Arizona where I hope we can continue to roll on!!!! Help should be on the horizon as we welcome in the month of May and the return of some of the injured regulars!!!

The bullpen remains a concern.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Glad to see Sanchez, aka the Kraken, is waking up!

And DJ LeMahieu was a terrific find!

Luuuuuuuuke! What can I say. He already has 25 RBIs. No way Birdman comes back!

On a side note - took my 4 yr old grandson to his first MLB game! Wife got free tickets from her boss. Nats v. Paadres. Nats win in 11 with walkoff Dinger. Tickets were terrific. 2nd row from the field just past Third Base! Such fun!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey, that's great, Bob!!! Hopefully, he is hooked for life on baseball now!!! All we gotta do now is make sure he's a Yankee fan!!!!

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Another game, another parade of players getting injured, another win.
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

We're coming up in the rearview.
    Like Counter Culture Shock on Facebook

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    We're coming up in the rearview.
    Even without 75% of our roster, I'm not that concerned.

Going Slap Happy Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick has a brilliant future Mattrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

We've got Vladdy. He's going to hit 93 home runs!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Mattrick View Post
    We've got Vladdy. He's going to hit 93 home runs!

Good for you. Now go shout it in your own fucking thread cause no one here gives flying fuck!!! lol

My Mood
    Buzzed
    Country
    Country Flag

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, here we are in the rubber game leading 3-1 in the 8th and, Zack Britton just got himself into and out of a jam to send us into the 9th!! Big game for the Broken Bombers (Copyright pending lol) as a win gets them a half game out and lets them take the weekend series!!! Of note was the pitching match up of Tanaka and Snell their ace. We managed to put up some runs against him and that was huge.

Right now, Fox is experiencing what seems to be major technical difficulties.

On a side note: I'm almost hesitant to welcome the return of the starters from the IL!!! lol The team is playing so well and seems to have such chemistry you have to wonder if screwing with that would be a good thing. Look at, Andujar who is struggling at the plate since his return. I don't claim to have the definitive answers, but maybe they should let the injured players stay in, Scranton until they are literally destroying opposing pitching. It's definitely a major dilemma for, Boone no doubt.

EDIT: So apparently, TB lost power in the stadium so it may be a while until play resumes.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    So, here we are in the rubber game leading 3-1 in the 8th and, Zack Britton just got himself into and out of a jam to send us into the 9th!! Big game for the Broken Bombers (Copyright pending lol) as a win gets them a half game out and lets them take the weekend series!!! Of note was the pitching match up of Tanaka and Snell their ace. We managed to put up some runs against him and that was huge.

Right now, Fox is experiencing what seems to be major technical difficulties.

On a side note: I'm almost hesitant towel come the return of the starters from the IL!!! lol The team is playing so well and seems to have such chemistry you have to wonder if screwing with that would be a good thing. Look at, Andujar who is struggling at the plate since his return. I don't claim to have the definitive answers, but maybe they should let the injured players stay in, Scranton until they are literally destroying opposing pitching. It's definitely a major dilemma for, Boone no doubt.
    EDIT: So apparently, TB lost power in the stadium so it may be a while until play resumes.

EDIT II: So, the power came back for the stadium AND the Yanks as, Estrada went deep to make the score 4-1!!!!

Edit III: And, Urshela does it again!!!! 2 run double to make it 6-1!!!! You know I'm starting to think this guys real name is Roy Hobbs!!!! lol lol Where the fuck did he come from? Field of Dreams? He certainly has brought some magic to the Yanks!! BTW its now 7-1 off a Gardner Sac Fly. Chapman was warming but I think they are now gonna go with, Green so cross your fingers.

Edit IV: Green was Green of old and we walk away with the series win 7-1!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Last nights come from behind victory over Baltimore was sweet! Glad to see Hicks back on the field! Next back Stanton!!!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Last nights come from behind victory over Baltimore was sweet! Glad to see Hicks back on the field! Next back Stanton!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm not sure how they are doing it, but it's a different hero every night.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I almost do not want to say anything for fear of jinxing them, but GODDAMN!!! they are on their way to a 6th win in a row!!!! They'll go 16 games over .500 and they're the freaking "Band-Aid Bombers"!!!!

Voit with the big blast today!!

Now to secure the 2nd game and series win tonight!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, I just completed my first ballot for the ASG and it got me thinking, very soon, Mr. Boone will have to deal with that "Good problem", Micheal Kay & Co. keep referring to in broadcasts with some of the starters imminent return from the DL (fuck that "IL" bullshit!! LOL). Now, pitchers returning at this juncture presents little problem, but the fun begins when, Didi gets back (reportedly very soon). What do we do with, D.J. (who could very well be the current teams' MVP)? One would assume, Didi goes back to SS, moving, Torres back to 2nd which leaves, D.J. without a home? Now, this entire post is likely just an exercise in mental masturbation as I am primarily the only one who posts here with the exception of, Bob (CRinVA) who drops in from time to time and, Still Servant who can't seem to rise above his self proclaimed and generally unfounded animosity towards myself, which has led to my blocking his posts. Occasionally, we will have a "Guest Poster" who is more often than not a heathen fan of another team who comes here simply to find a way to deride our (my) beloved Yanks. Other than those cases mentioned above, I type this simply, I suppose, for my own personal enjoyment. lol Having said that here are a few speculations regarding solving that broadcast constant "Good Problem".

Scenario: I believe, D.J. can play 1st base. That being the case we could have, D.J. move to first and, Voit DH or, vice versa for the time being. Things really get interesting when (I believe the next one scheduled to return) Stanton comes back.

Now, for the record, as far as the outfield goes it seems obvious if still not a tough call that, Gardner will be the odd man out. Frazier, seems to have played himself into a starting role in the outfield and if Stanton returns to RF that should move, Frazier to left and leave Gardner out. Still not too bad a call as, Stanton can still be used as DH giving, Voit or D.J. a day off and Gardner some playing time. It gets really, really interesting when, Judge (whose return also seems somewhat imminent) comes back kinda taking the "DH" option off the table for anyone but, Judge or Stanton with the exception of the occasional what I would call "B" team lineup that excludes either Judge or Stanton.

It's kinda amusing that we almost say "Phew" when it comes to, Andujar's season ending surgery!!! lol As for the pitchers on the DL well, at this juncture there should be little issue and much celebration as they return to the daily lineup. I believe, Paxton is the next one due back and that should help to ease, Boone's pain as the rotation will return to Paxton, German, Tanaka and Happ as the four horsemen until, C.C. comes off the 10 day list. Green seems to have worked out the bugs and thank the good Lord the bullpen as a whole has finally lived up to the hype and will presumably only get better as we enter the hotter months barring of course any additional or lingering injuries. Cessa, Hale & co. can continue to fill the fifth spot in the rotation until the eventual return (late June/early July) of Montgomery. Hopefully, he can come back with the same impact and results he had previously.

So, the pitching staff aside the above scenario is what it is but still eaves some pretty good players high and dry like Estrada & co. However, as Micheal Kay likes to say that is a "Positive Problem"!!!! LOL Now, I'm sure I missed a player or scenario or two, but that is how I see things shaping up in the near future barring of course any additional injuries. Thank God, for Cashman who had the foresight to stock the team with so many players and farm system options that have helped the Yanks get to where they are at this stage of the season. Morales, Estrada, Frazier, Urshela, Romine, Maybin the list goes on. Where these guys will get playing time thankfully remains a "Positive Problem" for, Aaron Boone to resolve!!!!

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble on as I get ready to watch the Bombers vs The Padres this afternoon (AZ Time)!!!!! I realize there will likely be very little or no constructive response to this post. Likely only some what I am sure he will believe seething and sarcastic response from Still Servant or another casual and likely jealous poke originated by a Boston or Toronto fan nevertheless I enjoyed typing it and to me, that's all that counts!!! lol lol

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Well Bill, I enjoyed reading it. And we are definitely on the same page. What do you think about the Bombers taking a look at Dallas Keuchel?

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well Bill, I enjoyed reading it. And we are definitely on the same page. What do you think about the Bombers taking a look at Dallas Keuchel?
    Well, I initially liked him for us during FA, but there must be something we're missing that, Cash knows or just his age. He still looks good as a mid-season pick up, but then again he is also a lefty and we're cornering the market on lefty starters. I really just don't know. On the one hand we could use a spare starter for sure right now, but I'm going to trust in, Cash and back w/e decision he makes.

Spoiler:
    I've also read some rumors that, Dallas may have an "attitude" problem the Yanks don't want any part of. There was something about him refusing the bullpen in any way and a few other tidbits. Nothing I would call "official" though.

BTW, Paxton and the Bombers looking good so far!!! Nothing but "0's" so far into the 4th and 3 solo shots have our boys up 3-0!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Now, this entire post is likely just an exercise in mental masturbation as I am primarily the only one who posts here with the exception of, Bob (CRinVA) who drops in from time to time and, Still Servant who can't seem to rise above his self proclaimed and generally unfounded animosity towards myself, which has led to my blocking his posts. Occasionally, we will have a "Guest Poster" who is more often than not a heathen fan of another team who comes here simply to find a way to deride our (my) beloved Yanks. Other than those cases mentioned above, I type this simply, I suppose, for my own personal enjoyment. lol Having said that here are a few speculations regarding solving that broadcast constant "Good Problem".

Anyway, thanks for letting me ramble on as I get ready to watch the Bombers vs The Padres this afternoon (AZ Time)!!!!! I realize there will likely be very little or no constructive response to this post. Likely only some what I am sure he will believe seething and sarcastic response from Still Servant or another casual and likely jealous poke originated by a Boston or Toronto fan nevertheless I enjoyed typing it and to me, that's all that counts!!! lol lol

I haven't referred to you in a post in like a month. You're just oddly obsessed with me for some reason.

I want to discuss some of your comments in your post, but everything I say you take as an attack. That's been going on for years. Even when I'm just having a normal discussion, you take it the wrong way.

All I will say is that when Didi comes back, Urshela sits. It's that simple. I know he's been great, but they signed DJ to play and that is the open spot. Gio is bound to come back down to Earth eventually, especially once he goes around the league a few times.

It's a good problem to have, but I don't think it's even a question. I know you won't see this, but I hope you don't take my response as an attack. Those are just my thoughts and I could be wrong.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Red Sux got lucky with the rain today!!! Goddamn Commie Bastards!!! lol lol

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Big lefty matchup tonight - Happ v. Sale

I'm expecting big things for the Bombers tonight!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Big lefty matchup tonight - Happ v. Sale

I'm expecting big things for the Bombers tonight!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 82 of 97 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 ... LastLast