Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 97 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 2421

Thread: Yankees - The Thread in Perpetuity

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Still Servant View Post
    I'm afraid this is where the road ends.

Is it now??????? lol lol lol

Spoiler:
    Aura, Mystique, great fucking pitching and timely hitting!!!!!!!!!

We shall see. They've shown amazing fortitude. You do realize this means they will have to beat Keuchel or Verlander at least once. They haven't shown the ability to even touch Keuchel in years.

I wouldn't bet against them at this point though.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Check out my website: PopCulturedwithMovieMike
    Add me on Letterboxd: https://www.letterboxd.com/MovieMike80/

Gojo fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito seldom gets put on hold fernandito's Avatar

My Mood
    Daring
    Country
    Country Flag

I'd love to see a Dodgers vs Yankees World Series

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm afraid this is where the road ends.

Is it now??????? lol lol lol

Spoiler:
    Aura, Mystique, great fucking pitching and timely hitting!!!!!!!!!

We shall see. They've shown amazing fortitude. You do realize this means they will have to beat Keuchel or Verlander at least once. They haven't shown the ability to even touch Keuchel in years.

I wouldn't bet against them at this point though.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Oh, Ye of little faith!!!! Just need one out of two in Houston!!! You forget, they have to deal with Tanaka and Severino!!!!!!! lol

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Those who cling to life; Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant has a reputation beyond repute Still Servant's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Houston and their fans have to be absolutely shocked.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Houston and their fans have to be absolutely shocked.

Aura & Mystique!!!!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh what fun it to be a Yankee Fan today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, we didn't quite make it to the big show, but man!!!! What a great season. I don't find myself sad or disappointed in the least. We had an exceptional run that portends for many great things in the future!!! Lotsa great young talent, Cashman will no doubt engineer some key moves over the winter and we'll be back on the field in no time!!!!

Thanks Yanks for a season to remember!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Word Slinger Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent has a brilliant future Bev Vincent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Oh what fun to be an Astros fan today!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Take it easy, Bev my man. You guys didn't exactly sweep the series. Matter of fact, you might want to consider your good fortune and move on from our thread!!!!

What you gonna do when the Yanks come calling for you next year?????? lol lol lol

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Bev Vincent View Post
    Take it easy, Bev my man. You guys didn't exactly sweep the series. Matter of fact, you might want to consider your good fortune and move on from our thread!!!!

What you gonna do when the Yanks come calling for you next year?????? lol lol lol

Yeah, maybe the Astros can actually win a World Series. They've only been around for, what, 50 years?

The Yankees gave them all they can handle. It was a great year and the future is bright. They have to make sure they don't take a step back like the Astros did in 2016.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Attention Bomber Fans!!!!!!

Okay, loyal and best educated baseball fans it seems the first order of business after a totally wonderful and entertaining year that lacked only another pennant is to designate a new man to helm our beloved Yanks. Girardi was great, but I think they have made the right move in parting ways with him. To me he seemed a bit hesitant and out of his comfort zone in dealing with the bevy of talent he had. Especially with regards to a ridiculously talented bullpen. One major peeve I had was that he seemed clueless with how to employ, Betances and as a result ruined him for the year (comparatively). Overall, I think he is more of an "National League" manager tending to over think the game and manage from his gut a little more than his head.

In any case, I'm sure we all thank him for his service and success, wishing him well in his future endeavors. Now we move onto the task of naming the new "Skipper" for this very talented club which is poised to begin a new dynasty to the Bronx, I'll reserve my thoughts and comments for now and ask you all to list your individual "Pro's, Cons and choice" for the position of manager for the New York Yankees into the future. Here is a list of what I believe are the top choices being considered by, Mr. Cashman & Co.

David Cone
    Rob Thomson
    Joe "Flash" Flaherty
    Aaron Boone
    Eric Wedge

There are undoubtably worthy candidates I have missed and I have no idea what, Boone is thinking, but feel free to share your thoughts on these guys as well as any other worthy candidates. Let the "Hot Stove" heat up!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

David Cone - This could be interesting. I don't usually prefer pitchers as managers. I also worry about Cone considering the fact he was a pretty wild guy as a player. I'm not saying that would play into the way he manages, but you never know.
    Rob Thomson - Boring. He's been around a while and this just doesn't excite me.
    Joe "Flash" Flaherty - Same old same old. This is kind of like Girardi version 2.0. He's an ex-catcher with a fiery personality.
    Aaron Boone - I don't have an opinion one way or the other on Boone. He seems to know his stuff, but I'd prefer to go in a different direction.
    Eric Wedge- I don't get this one. The trend is young, and inexperienced. Wedge is part of the old guard if you ask me, not to mention he has an under 500 record as a manager. Not exactly a great resume.

A name I haven't heard much is Jerry Hairston Jr. I think that might be an interesting choice.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

To update:

New Yankee manager = Aaron "Fucking" Boone!!!!

And check this!!!!

https://www.mlb.com/yankees/news/sou...on/c-263175874

Heh, heh, heh!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Evil empire is back.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have mixed feelings about Stanton. He has a history of injury problems, which worries me. I also think this could actually stunt Judge's growth instead of help it. The last thing I want is for him to get into a Home Run Derby with Stanton every game.

I'm not going to lie, the idea of a lineup like that (assuming everyone is healthy) makes me drool. Especially when you add in another talented young player like Torres at some point, for which the second base job was clearly made available for.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I have mixed feelings about Stanton. He has a history of injury problems, which worries me. I also think this could actually stunt Judge's growth instead of help it. The last thing I want is for him to get into a Home Run Derby with Stanton every game.

I'm not going to lie, the idea of a lineup like that (assuming everyone is healthy) makes me drool. Especially when you add in another talented young player like Torres at some point, for which the second base job was clearly made available for.
    Dude, allow me my holiday cheer, mirth and happiness for the time being. lol Also, the winter meetings don't even start until, Monday!!! So, just cause it will likely make me very, very happy after 4 months of ill health and pain, here's my knee jerk attempt at an opening day line up and rotation.

Batting:

Spoiler:
    1. Gardy - LF
    2. Hicks - CF
    3. Didi - SS
    4. Judge - RF
    5. Stanton - DH
    6. Bird - 1B
    7. Sanchez - C
    8. Torres - 2B
    9. Headley - 3B

Swap, Judge/Stanton each 3 game series and Frazier/Hicks/Gardy for rest. Edit: I chose, Didi over Sanchez in the 3 spot for speed & Avg. They will likely be swapped in, Boones' version, but what the hell right? I also didn't pay much heed to L/R considerations with the exception of Bird ahead of the Kraken just to breakup the righties. However, as the lineup presents itself other than the 3 righty power hitters (Kraken/Judge/Stanton the lineup kinda diversifies on its face with all the switch/lefties projested to start don't it? Also, I will kinda miss, Castro who is a great ballplayer and has one of the top ten player nicknames (All-Starlin). Also, from what I have read, Torres was doing rather well at 3rd, but I suppose they had to give up someone competent to get GS!!!!! LOL

Rotation:

Spoiler:
    Severino
    Tanaka
    Gray
    Cobb
    Sabathia

Montgomery for spot starts/injuries and the best bullpen in baseball!!!!!!! Oh, shit!!!! Sorry, I came!!!!!! LOL LOL

This team will have the potential of topping 1927's Murderer's Row and the win record of the 1998 Yanks!!!!!!

P.S. You gotta admit, seeing it spelled out in B&W makes it more real and enticing. Now all we need is for, Boone to know how to use that pen better than, Girardi did!!!! Oh, and pray for little or no injuries!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know, I know. I'm excited, I just like staying cautiously optimistic. Every Yankees fan has cause for celebration. It's just that things rarely seem to work out how people envision them. In regards to the lineup, there's no way they put Sanchez 7th. They've already said that Judge will bat 2nd, which makes sense. Imagine the fastballs he will see with Stanton batting 3rd.

That means Didi probably hits 4th and Sanchez 5th. I also don't think Torres makes the team. By making the team they lose a year of arbitration, not to mention the fact that he has only played 13 games at Second Base. It's likely they will go with a combination of Wade and Torreyes for a month and a half until Torres is ready.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

I know, I know. I'm excited, I just like staying cautiously optimistic. Every Yankees fan has cause for celebration. It's just that things rarely seem to work out how people envision them. In regards to the lineup, there's no way they put Sanchez 7th. They've already said that Judge will bat 2nd, which makes sense. Imagine the fastballs he will see with Stanton batting 3rd.

That means Didi probably hits 4th and Sanchez 5th. I also don't think Torres makes the team. By making the team they lose a year of arbitration, not to mention the fact that he has only played 13 games at Second Base. It's likely they will go with a combination of Wade and Torreyes for a month and a half until Torres is ready.
    i did some research and Torres has played a lot of 2B/SS in the past and should fit right in. I say he proves himself in the Spring, but I'll keep your thoughts in mind. I know you know your Baseball and respect your insights, but I'm gonna disagree on Torres and we'll see what happens.

Now, here's another shot at my personal Boone/Cashman impression!!!! LOL

Okay, if I were TPTB in the Bronx here's a thought for you.

Sign C.C. Trade Sheffield, Montgomery, Ellsbury & Hicks (picking up a portion of the $ owed, Ellsbury) to Baltimore for Machado. Re-sign J. Garcia for relatively cheap (C.C. takes a pay cut as well for a 1 yr deal w/option).Remember, they Yanks have the BEST bullpen in baseball if managed properly you really only need the starter to go 5 innings. Then here's what they could look like:

Batting Order:

Spoiler:
    1. Gardner - CF

2. Gregorius - SS

3. Judge - RF

4. Bird - 1B

5. Stanton - LF

6. Sanchez - C

7.Machado - 3B

8. Headley/Frazier - DH (Pick 'em)

9. Torres - 2b

Pitching:

Rotation is Severino, Tanaka, Gray, Sabathia, Garcia and/or add a FA arm with Chance Adams in the wings. Yanks have 5 closer's in the pen (Chapman, Robby, Betances, Green and Kahnle) along with Warren!!!! Baltimore should be happy to get some young, talented players for, Manny who they can;t hope to pay as a FA. I know you may say they wouldn't trade in the division. but better to get some rebuilding material now and they can't control him going to NY in 2019 anyway. Plus, Adam Jones is getting old so, Hicks/Ellsbury should make some sense especially with NY picking up part of the tab.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

All I'll say for now is it looks like a new Murderer's row!

I am looking forward to 2018 Baseball already, much to the chagrin of my wife! :-)

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

i did some research and Torres has played a lot of 2B/SS in the past and should fit right in. I say he proves himself in the Spring, but I'll keep your thoughts in mind. I know you know your Baseball and respect your insights, but I'm gonna disagree on Torres and we'll see what happens.
    Thank you, I appreciate that, but I'm not sure what there is to disagree with. I'm not talking about Shortstop. He's played a lot of SS, but you can't lump the two together. It's a different position and just because you have played a lot of SS doesn't mean you can play 2B with no issues. This is especially the case for turning the double play.

I picked the number 13 from memory, maybe I should have been more specific, but you can't argue with facts. The guy has only played 10 games at 2B above Double-A and 18 games at 2B in his career. Here's proof.

At the end of the day, it's going to come down to money (Yes, even with the Yankees) and club control. That alone means the Yankees will do everything in their power to make sure they don't call up Torres until after the Super 2 FA cutoff.

In regards to Machado, just as you suspected I would say - no way they trade him within the division. The package you offered is fair, although I think they would want one of the Yankees young outfielders either Frazier or Florial. That trade would also operate under the large assumption that the O's would be willing to take Ellsbury even with the Yankees eating most of his contract.

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

So, C.C. is back on board. Now all we need to do is re-sign the Todd-Father and we're all set to go!!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

HaHa !!! The Evil Empire will be in the seats when the Bombers take on the Angels, 4/28/18 in Anahiem!!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Merlin,

I am headed to Florida in March and will be seeing a couple of Spring Training games. March 17th v. Detroit at Detroit's field in Lakeland Florida and then v. Miami at Steinbrenner Field in Tampa on the 18th. Trip is visiting relatives (in Jacksonville) and friends (the Villages) and my wife suggested that we take in a couple of games as we are "in the area" and I couldn't pass on that. She's not a big baseball fan but knows that I live for Yankee Baseball! I believe pitchers and catchers report today!!!!

Spoiler:

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hey Merlin,

I am headed to Florida in March and will be seeing a couple of Spring Training games. March 17th v. Detroit at Detroit's field in Lakeland Florida and then v. Miami at Steinbrenner Field in Tampa on the 18th. Trip is visiting relatives (in Jacksonville) and friends (the Villages) and my wife suggested that we take in a couple of games as we are "in the area" and I couldn't pass on that. She's not a big baseball fan but knows that I live for Yankee Baseball! I believe pitchers and catchers report today!!!!
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

3-0 so far going into this evenings contest!!!!!

I gotta say, I haven't been this fired up for an upcoming season since '98!!!!! Did I mention I'm going to see the Bombers in Cally in April? Can't wait and can't wait until the opener!!!!

BTW, saw on FB that, Cash seems to have an eye on a quality pitcher still. Just maybe not until the season gets underway. Fullmer, Hamels, Archer and a few others were mentioned. Though, I think I would rather see them bring up, Sheffield or Adams for a turn if they are going to wait until the season gets underway. Saw, Sheffield the other day in a ST training game and he looked great!!! They say he's about ready!!!!!

28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 75 of 97 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast