0 0%
  • George Orwell. 1984

3 18.75%
  • H.G.Wells. The Time Machine

3 18.75%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Third Book?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

120 Days Of Sodom?
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I too voted for Time Machine, but I will be happy with Catcher in the Rye.
    Sloth Love Chunk

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I think Catcher in the Rye is very overrated. I read it and didn't see what the fuss was about. Actually, I kind of wanted to punch the guy.

I voted for 1984 but I also wanted to vote for Sirens of Titan.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ka-mai View Post
    I think Catcher in the Rye is very overrated. I read it and didn't see what the fuss was about. Actually, I kind of wanted to punch the guy.
    That is why I voted for it. I want to discuss that. It is definitely not among the books I love, and I was going to see what and why people feel.

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh. Well then. I could probably get behind that... actually, I'd probably end up typing a page-long rant. I get wound up about things I don't like.

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

well i ordered catcher in the rye, so i now have it all ready to read - unless one of the others comes out of no where

and can i say, i am looking to forward to discussing this after reading ka-mai note. a page long rant? cant wait

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

hurry up people, the poll closes on Tuesday

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Out of curiosity how come all the books in the first post weren't added to the poll?
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Life is beautiful LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker has a spectacular aura about LadyHitchhiker's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

I voted Jurassic Park!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    Out of curiosity how come all the books in the first post weren't added to the poll?
    I have chosen those which have been more than seconded (thirded, etc).

BAZZINGA candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy is a jewel in the rough candy's Avatar

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

can i start reading yet????? can i can i//?

i finished my last bok 10 days ago, and have taken to reading the back to cereal packets for the want to something to read

Country
    Country Flag

well, actually you can't officially start reading till midnight... but of course you can!

So, ladies and gentlemen, I am happy to announce our next book -

The Catcher in the Rye

The discussion starts on June 1st; till then, everybody has the time to read or reread it.

If you can think of good questions, PM them to razz or to me (Ves, our former President, is understandably busy now... so I arbitrarily appointed razz, who hasn't confirmed it yet; since I haven't heard from him to the contrary, though, I hope he accepted). Till June 1st, the previous book (Bradbury) is still on... maybe we'll still be able to do it justice.

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

ha ha ha loving it - thank you jean for sayin i can start before midnight

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

Oh sorry i thought i had already said yes...sure, why the hell not?
    got any good discussion questions, send them my way. I expect a few people to have at least one good one. you know who you are

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

so i pm you general questions -theories - things i would like to discuss, between now and 1st of june. and then we have a specific thread?

Sorry to be a pain, i just want to make sure i get it right and dont end up starting a thread or anything daft like that

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

yyyyyyyup

Country
    Country Flag

Everyone should send razz the questions on The Catcher; the questions will appear in the first post of the thread (Our Third Book: The Catcher in the Rye) razz is expected to create on June 1st

razz, bears are very happy to see you as President, I hope everything will go smoothly from now on

Quote Originally Posted by Jean View Post
    Everyone should send razz the questions on The Catcher; the questions will appear in the first post of the thread (Our Third Book: The Catcher in the Rye) razz is expected to create on June 1st

razz, bears are very happy to see you as President, I hope everything will go smoothly from now on

thanks, Jean.
    As my first act as president, I am implementing a one time tax. Everyone send me $20

question, want the questions to be anon. when i post them?

Country
    Country Flag

June 1st

Weedeater BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE is a jewel in the rough BROWNINGS CHILDE's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by razz View Post
    As my first act as president, I am implementing a one time tax. Everyone send me $20

The check is in the mail.
    Sloth Love Chunk

My Mood
    Blah
    Country
    Country Flag

my cheque is bouncing its way to you now

Country
    Country Flag

::cough cough::

razz?

My apologies, this book is taking a bit longer than expected. So for now I will just post the questions asked by members

Country
    Country Flag

do it! do it!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2