Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Friday the 13th

Servant of Gan Aaron is on a distinguished road Aaron's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Default Friday the 13th

I'm sure most people have seen the trailers for this in the last week or so. I am really psyched about it. I grew up on the Friday the 13th films and they have always been my favorite horror films. The great thing is that they are starting fresh, and are actually combining elements from the first three films in the series. We get it all: Mrs. Voorhies, bag-faced Jason, hockey-masked Jason. And he's fast now. It brings a whole new element of fear to it.

Heng Dai

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

yeah that's the part that got me interested, when Jason was running, ducking, etc.
    I'm going to see this the day it comes out

fun fact: the original, as well as this mask, is a Detroit Red Wings hockey mask

Country
    Country Flag

huh, I never realized that.
    Heng Dai

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

I'm so excited about this! I can't wait for it to come out.
    Only the gentle are ever really strong.

Country
    Country Flag

I've just been going through and reading reviews for it, and everything that I have seen says that it is excellent.
    Heng Dai

Rebel Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19 has a reputation beyond repute Heather19's Avatar

Sweet! I haven't really heard anything about it, but I usually stay away from reviews until after I see the film.
    It'll be interesting to see what they do with it. It's not a straight remake of the first one correct?

From Sorrow to Hope Sam is on a distinguished road Sam's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If Jason is in it, it can't be a straight remake.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

August 2, 1947 - September 24, 2010

Country
    Country Flag

It is a combination of the first three films, but it appears that the main plots are mostly derived from the first and third. The funny thing about the third movie is that it is the only one in the series that didnt actually take place on Friday the 13th. It picked up the day after Part 2 took place, so it was technically Saturday the 14th, though they pretty much just ignored that.

So this one will have Mama Voorhies, BagHead Jason, and Hockey-Mask Jason. I believe there is also a lot of time where we see him unmasked as well.
    Heng Dai

Interesting. I was wondering if we were going to get to see alot of Jason. I think I'm going to go back and watch them this week. It's been awhile, and I honestly can't really remember much from the 3rd one.

Country
    Country Flag

The third is one of my favorites. It was very 80s, but a great representation of the early films of the genre. It was also in 3D.
    Heng Dai

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

i just hope they don't screw it up like they did with Halloween. remaking a movie is fine by me as long as you keep with the original or as close to the original as posible

Does whatever a spiderman does.

Country
    Country Flag

Next will be a remake of A Nightmare on Elm Street. Wonder who they will get to play Freddy Krueger.
    Margaret Emmie Mackey Catoe, you are, have been, and always will be my soulmate, and I love you.
    Con todo mi corazon, por todo de mis dias. And I always will, in this life and into the next.

Goldmember mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima is a jewel in the rough mystima's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

well if you have to do a freddy movie you have to have robert england...no one else is freddy in my opinion. i will just have to wait and see...lol

Does whatever a spiderman does.

I actually really liked Rob's version of Halloween. I thought he did a good job with it.

Gunslinger Apprentice ClicheGuevara is on a distinguished road ClicheGuevara's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This movie looks sweet! can't wait to see it.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I actually really liked Rob's version of Halloween. I thought he did a good job with it.
    I did too. I thought it was well done. And I despise remakes. However I wasn't really fond of the Friday the 13th movies, but since this is based on the first three (which I actually did like) I'll probably watch it sooner or later to see what they do with it. After the first three or so I thought the franchise declined incredibly. It became a mockery of itself.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Country
    Country Flag

The same production group that did this is slotted to do the "Nightmare" remake. Last that I heard the actor rumored to be playing Freddy is Billy Bob Thornton. My understanding is that they were going to kind of reinvent it, though, rather than do a "remake". I'm looking forward to that one as well.
    Heng Dai

hmmm, Billy Bob, I'm not too sure about that. And I like the idea of them reinventing it as opposed to doing a straight remake. I think it has potential to be really good, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather19 View Post
    I did too. I thought it was well done. And I despise remakes. However I wasn't really fond of the Friday the 13th movies, but since this is based on the first three (which I actually did like) I'll probably watch it sooner or later to see what they do with it. After the first three or so I thought the franchise declined incredibly. It became a mockery of itself.
    I was quite surprised to find that I enjoyed it. Daeg French did an excellent job as young Michael Myers, playing some very disturbing scenes. Daeg was at Screamfest last year, but his table was between Doug Bradley and Malcolm McDowell, so... I shot some video from across the room. Daeg was at a table with William Forsythe, who shook his finger at me when he caught me recording.

ETA: I almost forgot to mention anything about F13. I mean... I don't know how I feel about a remake. I guess I am indifferent.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm looking forward to this movie as well. It actually looks, oh I don't know, SCARY. The first 3 were great (and scary).

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Yes, they were.

...but just think if this goes over well they may decide to remake such classics as Jason In Hell, Jason Takes Manhattan, and everyone's favorite Jason Meets Star Wars.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

Citizen of Gilead CPU is on a distinguished road CPU's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Woofer View Post
    Daeg was at Screamfest last year, but his table was between Doug Bradley and Malcolm McDowell, so... I shot some video from across the room. Daeg was at a table with William Forsythe, who shook his finger at me when he caught me recording.
    Be careful with that recording at those conventions Woofer. I've seen people actually get body blocked (as in tackled) and planted into the floor for waving a camera around when they weren't supposed to.

Banned obscurejude is on a distinguished road

The trailers looked pretty cliche, although I like Jared Padalacki (sp).

- razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough razz is a jewel in the rough

So i just got back from the theater.
    it wasn't bad, per se, but there were quite a few cliches
    thing that i didn't like though, is how they portrayed Jason.
    The way he was fighting was awesome: dodging, running, all that.
    but remember that he was mentally challenged as a child, and a lot of things he did didn't reflect such:
    Spoiler:
    using bear traps, fixing the lighting in the camp, using bait, setting up an alarm system.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast