Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2009: Final Overall Standings

Kate / Batwoman turtlex is on a distinguished road turtlex's Avatar

My Mood
    Gay

Well done, everyone involved.

Very impressive.
    The Man In Black Fled Across The Desert...

...And The Gunslinger Followed.

“I’m always on the Batman rule, sir.” - Kate Kane / Detective Comics 857

"It is the story, not he who tells it." Except to us collectors who have to put limits somewhere. - jhanic

Remember, Remember, The Fifth of November, The Gunpowder, Treason, and Plot.

Gunslinger Apprentice Dave! is on a distinguished road Dave!'s Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm amazed that the Dark Half finished below Lisey's Story!

but yes, great job! And #1 is my personal #1, so yay!
    Because of you I'm Alive. For you I'm awake-Godsmack

What shall a man have if he gain the entire world but lose his own soul?-Book of Mark

I will fear no evil. Cuz I'm the baddest muthafucker in the valley-Jarhead

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

This is really beautiful and an amazing amount of work went into it, thanks you guys.

Are we going to get a "total votes" number for the entire thing, I would love to know that.
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Do you mean total unique votes, Matt? In that case I'm sure Aaron can whip that up without too much trouble.

We also still have to hold the polls for our various appended categories, so while the main prize has been awarded, so to speak, there's still plenty of hardware to go around

And I'm really happy everyone appreciates what Aaron and I came up with. I can't wait to do it all over again, this time with Under the Dome

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, we were thisclose to having all the DT books in the top 25.

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

Roont Matt will become famous soon enough Matt will become famous soon enough Matt's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Do you mean total unique votes, Matt? In that case I'm sure Aaron can whip that up without too much trouble.
    That's exactly it, total unique per book so we could have an overall number of how many votes we received to come to this conclusion.

It's like a survey looking much better when you find out it was 10,000 people instead of 10
    The kindness of close friends is like a warm blanket

Demon of the Prim Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter has a spectacular aura about Cutter's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

Sweet, great work guys!

I think it turned out pretty much like I expected. Sure a lot of the books at the bottom have not been read, but a lot have not been read for a reason, like Danse Macabre, which doesn't get great reviews.

I'm surprised Drawing of the Three is the top DT book though, I always thought everyone loved Wizard & Glass. *shrug*

some ones to laugh at Roadwork: no one likes this book and I don't know why, personally I loved it and found it to be a very realistic situation that just causes a man to go over the edge. And Wolves of the Calla: I see more people complain how they didn't like this book and that's when the Dark Tower started going down, etc... But then others just love the book (myself included) and have no idea what the others are talking about. lol It's great to see it made a strong showing.
    Geoff

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by gguthrie View Post
    I'm surprised Drawing of the Three is the top DT book though, I always thought everyone loved Wizard & Glass. *shrug*
    I've expressed my dislike of DT4 (well, that's maybe a tad too strong - I've enjoyed everything I read by King, it's just that one I enjoyed less than most) numerous times, and so I'm not at all surprised to see where it ended up. I'm also unsurprised to see DT2 just miss out on the top spot. It's prefect.

Banned sarajean is on a distinguished road

Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    I've expressed my dislike of DT4 (well, that's maybe a tad too strong - I've enjoyed everything I read by King, it's just that one I enjoyed less than most) numerous times, and so I'm not at all surprised to see where it ended up. I'm also unsurprised to see DT2 just miss out on the top spot. It's prefect.
    as have i. i really don't get why so many love it so much. i'm really glad it didn't get the top spot.

The Tenant Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean has a brilliant future Jean's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by sarajean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pablo View Post
    as have i. i really don't get why so many love it so much. i'm really glad it didn't get the top spot.
    ditto here... see the W&G thread in the Baronies, where bears expressed their intense disappointment

Ask not what bears can do for you, but what you can do for bears. (razz)
    When one is in agreement with bears one is always correct. (mae)

bears are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hiiiiiiii. Spencer will become famous soon enough Spencer's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Oh, for just another 2.29%.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2