Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 25 Random Things

Roont Daghain is on a distinguished road Daghain's Avatar

My Mood
    Twisted
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Girlystevedave View Post
    18. I love the smell of old paperback books.
    I'll second that one!

"People, especially children, aren't measured by their IQ. What's important about them is whether they're good or bad, and these children are bad." ~ Alan Bernard

"You needn't die happy when your day comes, but you must die satisfied, for you have lived your life from beginning to end and ka is always served." ~ Roland Deschain

She gave me a pen. Ves'Ka Gan is on a distinguished road Ves'Ka Gan's Avatar

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Ahh used bookstore smell is the BEST!!
    YOU MUST CHILL. I HAVE HIDDEN YOUR KEYS.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

Ah GSD!! Number 12 I agree. I'm glad for the progress but it's really hurt some of the good things in life. Why can't I be happy being a woman who can bake, dance and PRODUCE life!?

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

1. I'm agnostic, but started out young with alot of sincere faith. It just left me. It's not that I don't believe. It's that I can't.

2. I believe logic applies to everything.

3. Though I believe in nothing. I believe in possibilities. I suppose that seems to be a contradiction.

4. I seem to contradict myself alot. I never do though.

5. On a bet once I jumped off a 75ft. plus cliff on the side of a mountain. I did it because I was afraid. I did get my $20 though.

6. Even though I believe in pretty much nothing I cast astrology charts with books and pen and paper...no computers for me with that.

7. I have an inhuman tolerance for everything.

8. I've hitchiked (mostly) to or through 39 states, D.C. and Mexico.

9. I don't even try any food without salting it first.

10. The Beatles is by far my favorite band.

11. I don't like people. I do like certain ones though. As a child even family had difficulty getting me to talk. I am both intoverted and extroverted I guess.

12. I love books. (big suprise there)

13. I also collect records.

14. I love to debate.

15. LOST is the only TV show I watch.

16. I spent much of my teenage years in detention because my mother's boyfriend enjoyed falling down and bumping into things.

17. I am VERY arrogant.

18. As a kid I read much more than I do now. I guess there's just not enough time. I read 4 200 page books a day at one point, the bible cover to cover a couple times, a few different encyclopedias, some dictionaries and the Encyclopedia Britannica up to the letter S. I wish I could find the time to read like that now.

19. If I care about you and you're out of my sight for long my mind tends to create elaborate situations to explain what went wrong.

20. Some people are afraid of heights. I absloutely love them. It's a rush for me.

21. When I first meet people it's incredibly difficult for me to talk much. I am shy.

22. I am a total smart ass.

23. I don't do plans at all. I am 100% spontaneous and resent any forced planning deeply.

24. I cannot gain weight no matter what.

25. I am denying y'all 25. You only get 24.
    The Awesomest fled across the desert and The Awesomer followed.

If you rescue me
    I’ll be your friend forever

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

The White Guy Chap is on a distinguished road Chap's Avatar

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

26. I could easily fall for so many of the tdt.com ladies
    Some are born to sweet delight,

some are born to the endless night.

Roont Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice has much to be proud of Brice's Avatar

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    Get in line.

If you rescue me

I wish that I could write fiction, but that seems almost an impossibility. -howard phillips lovecraft (1915)

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chap View Post
    Get in line.
    I am, waaaaay back there. Turn around and I'll wave.

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

Oh, you must be that little speck I see moving around in the distance.

If you rescue me

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

sssshh, I'm wearing my stalker outfit

My Mood
    Aggressive
    Country
    Country Flag

If you rescue me

Wolf Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer will become famous soon enough Woofer's Avatar

My Mood
    Worried

1. I proposed to Mr. Woofer.

2. I loathe beets and cucumbers.

3. When I was in college, the director of our Honors Program was also the head of the committee for bringing speakers to the university. During her tenure as such, I got to attend private appearances by Gene Roddenberry and Harlan Ellison. I even got to be part of a group having dinner with Harlan the night before. The only problem was that somehow Harlan didn't get that message and was a bit more than surprised when we showed up at his hotel. In an attempt to be flexible, we offered Harlan various dinner options and asked what he wanted to do. He said "Don't ask me what I want to do because I'd like to go back up to my room and go to bed." So I said "So should we all go back to your room and go to bed with you?" After dinner that evening, I spotted a button that said "War is menstruation envy" in a store window and remarked upon it. The next day at the private appearance, Harlan beckoned me to sit by him and presented me with the very button. I still have it.

4. I have crushes on three anime characters: Spike Spiegel, Kiba, and D (from Vampire Hunter D).

5. I have no knowledge of blood relatives.

6. I can't remember not knowing that I didn't want children.

7. I am a dog person surrounded by cats.

8. I love James Joyce and William Faulkner.

9. I was addicted to General Hospital in junior high and high school. Mmmmmmm, Dr. Jeff Webber.

10. I sincerely want to get over wanting a cigarette. The urge now strikes at the oddest, most random moments.

11. My nose was broken when I was 12, but it was not repaired until I was 20.

12. When I was 17, I asked actor Thaao Penghlis to kiss me as he passed by while departing a public appearance. And he did.

13. I am very particular about chocolate/mint combinations.

14. I talked about Stephen King in my M.A. orals.

15. I am three degrees away from Einstein.

16. I played clarinet in junior high and high school and went All-State.

17. I love Cap'n Crunch, but I was a Quisp kid growing up. I've recently discovered it is available in select markets and online. I might just have to break down and order some.

18. Ben Affleck makes me want to gnaw off my own head to keep from seeing him.

19. I have only had my hair trimmed for split ends and shaped at the bottom for over a decade.

20. I love colored light Christmas displays - and the more lights the better. When we put up a full-sized tree, I usually put on enough colored lights to read by. And we celebrate the winter solstice.

21. I am fascinated with the subject of genetic mutations.

22. I love the smells of leather, gunpowder, mink oil, Barbasol, and freshly mown grass.

23. I find scars sexy.

24. At one time, I was both Selune and Loviatar on an online AD&D mud.

25. I used to write reviews for Dr. Casey's Cabinet of Horrors.
    It'll take a lot more than words and guns,
    A whole lot more than riches and muscle.

The hands of the many must join as one.
    And together we'll cross the river.

Puscifer, "The Humbling River"

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

#3 & #12--wow! What awesome experiences!!

And as for the cat/dog thing--I totally understand. I feel so much better now that I have a bohemeoth dog to balance out the cat presence! Although if never trade my kitties for Anything.
    Last edited by Ves'Ka Gan; 02-12-2009 at 10:26 PM. Reason: I can't count?

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

1. I love this thread but have resisted posting in it because I didn't think I could think of enough things about myself, I'm actually quite uninteresting. I've been thinking about it for a few days and writing them down when one would occur to me.

2. I am extremely quiet in person. I hate talking, especially about myself. I wouldn't say I'm socially awkward though. Maybe emotionally removed.

3. My face turns red all the time and I get embarrassed really easily. Sometimes I think about things that happened to me when I was like 5 years old and my face still turns red. It's really annoying.

4. I've broken my left arm in two places, my left wrist once, the growth plate in my left thumb, and all of my fingers on my left hand, the middle finger twice. Sometimes the whole hand aches.

5. I love old movies, I've seen more of them than most people I know.

6. At different points in my life I've been in love with John Wayne, Laurence Olivier, Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, Grace Kelly, Gregory Peck, Ingrid Bergman, Gene Kelly, Humphrey Bogart, and Montgomery Cliff. I went through a lot of phases.

7. My Dad has been collecting comic books since 1962. We have a real lot of them.

8. I drink between 5 and 7 cups of coffee a day. It's really out of hand.

9. I've had the father/daughter wedding dance song picked out for my wedding since I was 9.

10. I am the least picky eater ever. The only foods I've ever eaten and not liked were white chocolate and apples.

11. Like Woofer, I also find scars sexy.

12. One time in high school, a girl made my best friend's little sister cry, so I punched the girl in the mouth and made one of her teeth loose. I don't regret it at all.

13. When I was 15, I was in line at Dunkin Donuts and the guy in front of me was arguing with someone on his cell phone. He hung up, said "UGH", turned to look at me and said, "Let me ask you something. Do you believe in love at first sight?" I said, "No." He just stared at me, and his eyes got weird and watery, almost like he was about to cry. To this day I wonder what it was all about. I'm fairly certain he didn't mean he was in love with me at first sight, he looked to be in his mid-thirties. It was the strangest thing that ever happened to me.

14. I LOVE hockey, and I'm proud to say that I know a lot about it. The New York Rangers are my team.

15. I listen to Frank Sinatra daily.

16. I'm a cat person.

17. My family is Catholic, and one time in church the deacon was talking about... I have no idea, I wasn't paying attention, but he started talking about books so I tuned in, and he said the Harry Potter books should be burned because they glorify the work of the devil. I let out one of those laughs that sounds like "PPPPBBBBBBBFFFFFHAHAHAHAHA!!!" I'm not religious.

18. I love Chinese Food so much it's ridiculous.

19. One time I went to small Dashboard Confessional concert, and my friend pointed at me and yelled "This girl loves you, Chris!" and Chris Carrabba pointed at himself and went, "This guy loves you too, baby!"

20. I want to marry Jim Halpert.

21. I have really horrible nightmares. The first one I ever had was when I was really young, I had a nightmare that the Swedish Chef from the muppets tried to kill me. He was holding a big knife, and he kept saying my name. He puked blood and it went all over the floor, I looked down at it and when I looked up he was right in front of me. I woke up screaming.

22. I had to have my right canine tooth filed down because I kept cutting my tongue and lip on it. My dentist told my mom it was the sharpest canine tooth he'd ever seen. I thought it was cool, I still do actually.

23. I bite my nails when I'm nervous and play with my hair when I'm talking to a guy I like. I hope no one ever catches on to that second one.

24. Winter is my favorite season. I love the snow, being cold, winter clothes, winter foods, the darkness, the silence, the smells. Everything. I hate the Summer. Hate it.

25. I wrote my best friend's college essay.

The End!
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

Kvothe The Bloodless SigTauGimp is on a distinguished road SigTauGimp's Avatar

My Mood
    Lurking
    Country
    Country Flag

I suppose I should probably go ahead and do this now, since I'll do it, inevitably.

1. I just finished doing this exact thing on FaceBook almost precisely 20 minutes ago.

2. I like to think of myself as an extroverted introvert. I prefer to keep to myself, but can be a social butterfly when the situation requires it.

3. I've only ever actually cheated on an exam/test once, in 7'th grade, in Geography class. It's somewhat aggravated me ever since.

4. I have rarely, very rarely, ever gotten angry.

5. My official "niche" in high school, according to peers, was "That one long-haired guy that mostly hung out with the super-geeks, but also affiliated himself with the stoners, athletes, and metal/punk kids on occasion." (Supported by various classmates.)

6. I've been an internet addict since there's been a "The Internet".

7. I absolutely cannot sleep at night unless I've taken Diphenhydramine...Benedryl, Night-Time Sleep Aid, call it what you will.

8. I made a realistic goal 3 years ago to quit smoking on my 30'th birthday, because I knew I couldn't just pick a close date and quit cold turkey.

9. Relating with number 8, I'm very honest with myself.

10. My hair is probably 3-4 feet long, reaching down to my hips. I started growing it in 2003, because I couldn't afford a haircut, being a college kid at the time. I'm cutting most of it this summer, and donating all of what I cut to "Locks Of Love."

11. I've a very, very chronic nail-biter, so much so that I even bite off the skin around the nail, the skin on the pads of my fingers, and even the inner knuckles of my thumbs until they bleed.

12. I've played guitar for over a decade, and rarely play for the enjoyment of myself, but for the joy in playing for others.

13. Christina Ricci has been one of my only celebrity crushes since 1991, when The Addams Family was released. We're nearly the same age.

14. I'm quite the Cinephile/Audiophile...I really, really enjoy most music and many, many movies.

15. I read over 75% of all the fiction in the library during my "middle school" years.(5-8'th)...I guess that means I'm also a huge book nerd.

16. I'm a very small, thin person, and never really liked playing sports that much, but I absolutely love watching college football. The West Virginia Mountaineers have been my favorite team since I was 14.

17. I belong to Sigma Tau Gamma, a National Fraternity that I joined at Concord University in the spring of 2004, which I consider one of the better choices in my life so far. If "High School Chris" would have known that "Quasi-Adult Chris" joined a fraternity later in life, he would have built a time machine to point and laugh at him.

18. I'm not very "metro sexual," but I do enjoy dressing up very nicely on random occasions.

19. I used to have a photogenic memory when I was younger.(I probably still do, and just seem to have forgotten how to use it.)

20. There was a period in my life when I did a lot of drugs, for no real reason other than to do them. The only thing that came from it later was the cigarette and Diphenhydramine addiction, which I find extremely odd.

21. I tend to take my life in much the same manner as "The Dude" in the film, "The Big Lebowski"...most things don't bother me, and I try to get along with everyone.

22. I have a piece of pencil lead that is visible, under the skin, in the palm of my left hand, that was accidentally broke off of a "mechanical pencil" a friend was handing to me.
    It's been there since 1992.

23. I'm left-handed, but other than smoking and writing, do everything else right-handed.

24. Owed a collection agency 90-something dollars when I was 7(Though they didn't know that), when I bought a bunch of tapes from Columbia House during their "13 Cassettes for a Penny" deals. I sent in the penny, and then recieved the shipping costs for that huge package. I never paid, and even did a "Change Of Address" form saying that I had moved to Texas under another name. I was a very sneaky, intelligent child. Now I'm a less sneaky, wiser adult who may eventually go to jail for being a very sneaky, intelligent child.

25. I'm very tech-savvy, and enjoy lots of different internet-related things, sometimes being there at the beginning of certain crazes, like ,certain forums and memes(4chan covers most of that.), some webcomics(QC, XKCD, G-G), and some applications.(Isketch.net.)

There we are, a completely different set of 25 facts from the FaceBook questionnaire.

Hope you all have enjoyed it.

Elodin: "Tombs is for feckless twits who can't chew their own food. My boy's a Re'lar! He has the feck of twenty men!"

Kvothe: “Books are a poor substitute for female companionship, but they are easier to find.”

Simmon: ”It’s just ointment in case you get burned...but if you mix it with piss, it turns into candy.” Sim’s expression was deadpan. “Delicious candy.”

Were you there to see the Bear?
    YouTube

My Mood
    Cynical
    Country
    Country Flag

I enjoyed it very much, STG - and can relate to much of it as well. (4chan, QC, Christina Ricci, The dude, never angry, extrovert introvert etc. etc. )
    Thankee for sharing!

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

TF--regarding number 8, I just wanted to know--do you fancy a coffee? :p I'm a huge coffee drinker myself, and have been known to drink a quadruple espresso for the flavor (&the caffiene)

Number 5 is totally me as well, I love old movies. Ah hell, why don't you come over for a coffee & movie night?

Little Bird Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai has a spectacular aura about Ka-mai's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brice View Post
    16. I spent much of my teenage years in detention because my mother's boyfriend enjoyed falling down and bumping into things.
    Um, what?

Death is Only a Door Emily will become famous soon enough Emily will become famous soon enough Emily's Avatar

My Mood
    Confused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ves'Ka Gan View Post
    TF--regarding number 8, I just wanted to know--do you fancy a coffee? :p I'm a huge coffee drinker myself, and have been known to drink a quadruple espresso for the flavor (&the caffiene)

Number 5 is totally me as well, I love old movies. Ah hell, why don't you come over for a coffee & movie night?
    I would LOVE to! In fact, that's all I ever want to do but my friends are dumb and unsophisticated that way! That sounds like a great night.
    I had my infatuations, but we both know in our hearts who is the sole love of my short, bright life.

My Mood
    Sneaky
    Country
    Country Flag

My beau's supervisor is a friend, as well, and he now has four different coffee makers, including an espresso machine, so I'll go "borrow" some his supplies & you bring the Jimmy Stewart!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3