Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 802 of 971 FirstFirst ... 302 702 752 792 800 801 802 803 804 812 852 902 ... LastLast
Results 20,026 to 20,050 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by M_O_O_N View Post
    Sorry to hear about your firing, Ari.

A few years back at the company I worked at retirement party the retiree was speaking to everyone and said (and I quote), "This Company spent two weeks training me to do my job and then spent the next 40 years trying to fire me." It still remains true today.
    Sounds like the people I work for.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm also sorry to hear that Ari. I hope this will lead to better things. Life's too short to work for a boss you don't like and who doesn't like you.

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear it Ari, their loss. Just remember The cream always rises to the top.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    Thank you very much, everyone. I really appreciate all the comments.

It has been a difficult year for me in terms of my (now ex) company. One year ago I was having lunch in London with the 2nd in command of the company who was praising and calling "Revolutionary" the software I designed for training purposes, which projected savings of more than a millon dollars per year from 2021 on. But then things changed, the comany was acquired by another one, a lot of people was laid off and they put the only person I didn't get along with as my manager (and I mentioned this before it happened to my former boss, saying it was a risk to put him and me in the same team but different levels, that he knew his attitute toward most of the people in the company). It took him less than a year to dismiss me and another guy from my team that he didn't like either.

They paid me the money owed (most of it, at least) but they did a lot of wrong things with me so while they'll have to pay me a decent sum, it's very likely I'll have to go legal on them.

I've been fired three times in my life: two because the position and/or the team where I was was closing. For this one we have a saying: it's a "skin matter". He just didn't like us and decided to fire us just because.
    That sucks, Ari. Let us know how it turns out if you “go legal” and best wishes in finding something new and better.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Citizen of Gilead Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of Johnny007 has much to be proud of

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Very sorry to hear the terrible news, Ari. I thought that the past BS was over and done. I hope you get great legal help and earn a ton of money from them!

John

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Nothing as serious as Ari, but.... what's the most anyone here has spent on food?

Last night, a kebab accidentally ended up costing me about $800...
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Nothing as serious as Ari, but.... what's the most anyone here has spent on food?

On myself or a group? I bought dinner for a group which was $700 if I remember correctly. For myself maybe $130. That was a full meal though, not a kebab

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

You didn't go to the "Antico Caffe Di Marte" in Rome did you.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

On myself or a group? I bought dinner for a group which was $700 if I remember correctly. For myself maybe $130. That was a full meal though, not a kebab
    Around $400 or so for a small group of friends and family. I'm sure at some point the wife and I have had a bill close to Joe's $130 for ourselves. I had a bar tab once go over $200
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

You'll land on your feet, Ari Of that I am sure!!!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam
    reported to the admins, please delete it
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Deleted. Thanks for reporting.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

When I was working at Credit Suisse....was traveling with a salesperson to Geneva....client took us to a remote swanky dinner place.....7 courses and cost for three of us was CHF4100.....my salesperson went to pay the bill only to find they did NOT take credit cards, only cash...the client ended up paying the tab! So that was my most expensive meal ever.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I was fired today. 😔
    Ari-

I know it is likely hard to see, but you will land at a better place.....the good ones always do! I am sorry for you and your current situation.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Country
    Country Flag

Deleted. Thanks for reporting.
    Should maybe also edit the post #20037 so that the spam is actually deleted?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Didn't post when it happened... BUT... my wife gets a call from her beloved Grandfather last Wednesday. She LOVES him like a father. He is 87 years old. We visited him a few weeks ago.. as he isn't well. Time was not on his side.... he called her to say goodbye. As final a goodbye as one can have. He had a doctor assisted suicide the following day.... He told her this. It didn't help her... it didn't make it easier or better. We may all wish to have a final "good bye" to the ones we love but when given that opportunity it doesn't make it easier. Will it in time for her? I am not sure... pretty shitty anyway you look at it though other than he is no longer in pain. I dread the 'goodbyes' that may come in my lifetime... I know that.
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Jeremy (herbertwest) - I want to send you a private message but your inbox is full ;-)

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by webstar1000 View Post
    Didn't post when it happened... BUT... my wife gets a call from her beloved Grandfather last Wednesday. She LOVES him like a father. He is 87 years old. We visited him a few weeks ago.. as he isn't well. Time was not on his side.... he called her to say goodbye. As final a goodbye as one can have. He had a doctor assisted suicide the following day.... He told her this. It didn't help her... it didn't make it easier or better. We may all wish to have a final "good bye" to the ones we love but when given that opportunity it doesn't make it easier. Will it in time for her? I am not sure... pretty shitty anyway you look at it though other than he is no longer in pain. I dread the 'goodbyes' that may come in my lifetime... I know that.
    Thoughts with you and yours, Kris.

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

This hits close to home with my mom less than a month ago. I was with her the afternoon and night before. She was telling me goodbye and passed the next day. Condolences to your wife and family, Kris. Like you said, be glad they’re no longer in pain. And cherish the memories.
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Country
    Country Flag

@biomeg : it seems that my inbox is still full, I dont know why. shoot me an email via this form
    >>> https://club-stephenking.fr/contacte...-stephen-king/

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

@biomeg : it seems that my inbox is still full, I dont know why. shoot me an email via this form
    >>> https://club-stephenking.fr/contacte...-stephen-king/
    That's weird. And I also get an error message when trying to message you via your website... but it's not a secret so I'll just post it here I would like to ask your help with one last French book. This is the link: https://www.leboncoin.fr/livres/1681321203.htm/

The book I need is 'Nerfs crâniens et organes correspondants (Legent et Perlemuter)', the one on the top right in the first photo. Would you be able to help me out again? I think this is the last French anatomy book I am looking for haha... It would be super awesome if you can help me one last time. I will pay for all your expenses of course.

Cheers,
    Michaël

Country
    Country Flag

I sent the seller a message and will keep you updated
    Have you tried to send me an EMAIL (and not a Private Message) from my Profile page, in this boards?

It can also be done via my profile avatar on the left of this message

That option is not activated on your profile

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks a lot! And no, in ten years I never tried to send an email on the forum.... I’ll give it a try!

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm sorry for your loss, Kris.
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Anyone know if (or when) MR. MERCEDES SEASON 3 will be or has been released on region free DVD?
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 802 of 971 FirstFirst ... 302 702 752 792 800 801 802 803 804 812 852 902 ... LastLast