Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 757 of 972 FirstFirst ... 257 657 707 747 755 756 757 758 759 767 807 857 ... LastLast
Results 18,901 to 18,925 of 24293

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Have Dragon Rebound rebind them, then keep both.

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Switched back to DirecTV today because my cable bill is just getting out of control and their packaging sucks for what I like to watch. DirecTV seems like a much better fit for me and I'm not quite ready to completely cut the cord and go full streaming.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Demon of the Prim east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice east-tennessee is just really nice

Country
    Country Flag

I'm thinking of switching to Direct TV also, I've heard good things My cable bill has been out of hand for years. Guess I'll still have to keep there high speed internet though....

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I'm happy with their line-up and the fact you can work with them and get a pretty good deal even when the original expires. But the signal does have a nasty habit of going out every time it rains.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Just wondering, what is the consensus over here : scarcity or condition?

Would you rather have a 1st print whose condition is not so good, or a second print in better quality?

Remember that question?
    Well, here is the reason why I asked, and I am still not sure what to do.

They are both first french editions of Dracula, from 1920. Almost 100 years now.

The one on the right is the one I already had, and it's a third print. From 1920 too I believe.
    The one on the left, is in more damaged condition, and is a first print.

I am wondering which one to keep, and which one to send away to a friend which I know will appreciate the book.
    I am debating between the better quality but 3rd print, and the lesser quality and 1st print...
    Visually, the books are the same, but there is a "trois mille" written, in small, on the frontcover... but you have to take the book in your hand to notice it, it can't be seen from my bookshelves

Any new opinions, based on the following pictures?
    In both cases, I will keep an eye out for a first print in good condition (and I am gutted that I missed up on one at a reasonnable price a couple of years ago)
    That’s a tough one given the age of the book. I’d keep the first printing personally and keep an eye out for a better copy.

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Switched back to DirecTV today because my cable bill is just getting out of control and their packaging sucks for what I like to watch. DirecTV seems like a much better fit for me and I'm not quite ready to completely cut the cord and go full streaming.
    Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    I'm thinking of switching to Direct TV also, I've heard good things My cable bill has been out of hand for years. Guess I'll still have to keep there high speed internet though....
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    I'm happy with their line-up and the fact you can work with them and get a pretty good deal even when the original expires. But the signal does have a nasty habit of going out every time it rains.
    I have been a Directv customer since 1996 or so and have generally been very happy with them for all that time. Things certainly changed and not for the better when AT&T took over, but I still think they are far better than the other current choices out there. Their customer service was the best by far when it was just DTV and slipped a bit with AT&T, but again it's still better than the alternatives. There are some anomalies and some confusion since the merger. This might cast some light on what I'm talking about.....

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...=1#post1145266

Despite some issues, when it comes to price, service delivery and customer service they are light years above the others. Yes, there can be service issues resulting from severe weather conditions, but that kinda depends on where you live. I've been an MLB and NFL package subscriber since I signed up and when I moved from NY to AZ they grandfathered the yearly subscription price over for me. Who the hell does that??? lol lol If you have issues with customer service and are getting no where ask to speak to "Customer Retention". They're the best!!!!!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by east-tennessee View Post
    They offered me internet for half of what I'm currently paying with the promise of the same quality. I've been told that before and it turned out to not be the case. So I decided to stick to my cable internet, for now.....
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post
    Just wondering, what is the consensus over here : scarcity or condition?

Would you rather have a 1st print whose condition is not so good, or a second print in better quality?

Remember that question?
    Well, here is the reason why I asked, and I am still not sure what to do.

They are both first french editions of Dracula, from 1920. Almost 100 years now.

The one on the right is the one I already had, and it's a third print. From 1920 too I believe.
    The one on the left, is in more damaged condition, and is a first print.

I am wondering which one to keep, and which one to send away to a friend which I know will appreciate the book.
    I am debating between the better quality but 3rd print, and the lesser quality and 1st print...
    Visually, the books are the same, but there is a "trois mille" written, in small, on the frontcover... but you have to take the book in your hand to notice it, it can't be seen from my bookshelves

Any new opinions, based on the following pictures?
    In both cases, I will keep an eye out for a first print in good condition (and I am gutted that I missed up on one at a reasonnable price a couple of years ago)
    That’s a tough one given the age of the book. I’d keep the first printing personally and keep an eye out for a better copy.
    That's what I decided to do.
    I paid a relatively cheap price for this copy, and it goes well onto my shelf. I'd hardly find another one, or at this price... so until I get another one, it's miiiiine !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Subterranean Press:

We're not ready to announce Joe Hill's Full Throttle for preorder yet, but have received a few queries since we posted the signature page to Facebook.

We will not be automatically matching the lettered or limited editions of Full Throttle to any previous title, and we will not be sending out an exclusive preorder offer. A case could be made to match a couple of different Hill titles (Locke & Key: Keys to the Kingdom being the most recent), but we decided the most equitable way to offer Joe's collection would be to announce a date and open the floodgates.

At least they keep away the suckups.

Rabid Billybumbler Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook has a reputation beyond repute Cook's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

I am so so tired of working... plus all the other shit that life requires.

Except books.
    Books & everything books make me happy, and maybe sports, some sports, not all sports.
    OK... I feel a little better now.

“The battle between good and evil is endlessly fascinating because we are participants every day.” - Stephen King

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Cook View Post

Except books.
    Books & everything books make me happy, and maybe sports, some sports, not all sports.

Work is not all it's cracked up to be.

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Except books.
    Books and sports..yep same here

Country
    Country Flag

Except books.
    I'm a rare one who actually likes his work and enjoys it. The only drawback; managed by clowns with degrees in basket weaving who don't have clue what I.

As far as the movie comment; Millennials, Hipsters, and the folks who want the human race to be bland and asexual. That's the problem. Shit! I think I just offended myself!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I once applied for a job changing light bulbs in the Playboy Mansion, but they forgot to get back to me.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    I once applied for a job changing light bulbs in the Playboy Mansion, but they forgot to get back to me.
    Devastating, Steve.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

What does negative rep look like in your user panel? Is it red? Or gray?

I got a gray bar with no comment for this post which seems weird...

My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post

In the Admin control panel (not my personal user panel) it doesn't show color for pos, or neg rep. I just see that a newer user left 9 reputations in 24 hours. As I mentioned, the user is so new that they can't add, nor subtract from someones reputation "points". They can only shotgun rep to numerous people. Either the person got weird, or perhaps someone (a child?) went nuts on their device.

I sent them a PM, and needless to say, I'll figure it out and delete the action, but not until they have had a chance to respond.

Country
    Country Flag

I've received gray bar rep before also and assumed, like Jerome said, they were too new to affect the points system either way. Negative is definitely red. Like cherry Kool-Aid

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

I've received gray bar rep before also and assumed, like Jerome said, they were too new to affect the points system either way. Negative is definitely red. Like cherry Kool-Aid
    This made me laugh.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

If that may interest anybody here, Eureka Video gives away 3 copies of the brand new Bluray limited edition of CUJO, in my new contests
    > https://twitter.com/ClubSTEPHENKING/...51183667212289
    > https://www.instagram.com/p/Bw2BwUkjVZ1/
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Of course not - they don't let just any old boobs into that place; that's the type of job you have to climb the ladder to get. Come on, man!
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Citizen of Gilead Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough Munnecom is a jewel in the rough

Old boobs certainly have no place in the Mansion, that much is true.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Happy Halfoween and a joyous Beltane to you all...
    Eastasia has always taught college students to feel pride or shame according to their race.

Gunslinger Apprentice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo is just really nice Kongo's Avatar

My Mood
    Psychedelic
    Country
    Country Flag

I was reading the new interview Richard Chizmar gave about Gwendy, and I was really surprised with his comment about Holly Gibney being a major character in King's newest book. I wonder if it's The Institute he's referring to, or something in the works? Here's a link for anyone wanting to check it out

https://ew.com/books/2019/05/01/rich...ZyypaFGqgwYMUU

Breaker Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell has a reputation beyond repute Garrell's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Sounds like it is future stuff so who knows
    Wish List:
    Any of the following flatsigned or inscribed-
    It, Shining, Salem’s Lot, Mr. Mercedes, The Stand
    Brother ARC, Seed ARC

+ Reply to Thread
Page 757 of 972 FirstFirst ... 257 657 707 747 755 756 757 758 759 767 807 857 ... LastLast