Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 753 of 971 FirstFirst ... 253 653 703 743 751 752 753 754 755 763 803 853 ... LastLast
Results 18,801 to 18,825 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Looks like Metallica is adding an addition S&M show at the new Chase arena. This will be for members of Metallica's Fifth Member fan club.
    Yep... trying to figure out how to make a second trip to the Bay Area this year work. I would love to get tickets to this.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Looks like Metallica is adding an addition S&M show at the new Chase arena. This will be for members of Metallica's Fifth Member fan club.
    From the email:

Wow... that’s all we have to say! The response from the ‘Tallica fan universe to the announcement of our show with the San Francisco Symphony blew us away, in fact, it was completely and totally overwhelming – thank you! However, we also understand that for a great number of you, it brought frustration and disappointment as the supply of tickets fell way short of demand.

We’ve heard you and we’ve learned from our missteps with this particular ticket on sale. We’re working to make this right as we are excited to announce that a second show has been added at the Chase Center in San Francisco on Sunday, September 8th. First order of business: No public on sale this time! Tickets for the second S&M˛ show will be available exclusively to Fifth Members.

We’re thrilled to continue the celebration of this world-class arena’s opening, to share the spotlight with the Golden State Warriors, the SF Symphony, Michael Tilson Thomas, the Chase Center and what this event represents to the city and the people of San Francisco. The second show gives us a chance to celebrate in a unique and very special way with all of you, the die-hard Fifth Members. We’re all huddled at Metallica HQ now working out a plan to give every one of you the most fair and equal chance at obtaining tickets (and to do everything possible to keep the bots from getting any). Under the full disclosure umbrella, due to contractual obligations with the Chase Center there will be a small number of tickets available to Golden State Warriors season ticket holders, but the rest of the house will be all of you and only you... just the Metallica Fan Club family. This is going to take a little time to get as close to foolproof as we can get it, so please sit tight for a few more days and we’ll be back with more details.

Thank you for all your comments, suggestions and most of all your support and patience! Stay tuned, watch this space.

I'm a legacy member. I just might go if I can get the tickets. I'll wear my Fillmore West St. Anger shirt.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

For all you rockers out there:

Todd Rundgren Book Signing
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone 1/1:

https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/25354/lot/250/

John

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

That is amazing!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I was going to bid but that dented bottom right corner bothered me.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Looks like Josh Malerman is doing a Bird Box sequel: https://www.amazon.com/Malorie-Bird-...=UTF8&qid=&sr=

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Wow, that's kinda cool. Also didn't realize the film was coming up on it's 25th anniversary. Very cool stuff, thanks for posting!!!!

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Wow, that's kinda cool. Also didn't realize the film was coming up on it's 25th anniversary. Very cool stuff, thanks for posting!!!!
    Some of the casting will reunite this summer to celebrate the 25th anniversary. But it doesnt seem that the main 2 actors are (so far) part of that event
    > https://eu.cincinnati.com/story/news...ld/3101908002/
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Just preordered a thomas harris signed Cari Mora for $20. Good purchase?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    I'd say so. VJ Books is charging $60 pre-ordered, $100 once it's released.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013 has a reputation beyond repute amd013's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    Some of the casting will reunite this summer to celebrate the 25th anniversary. But it doesnt seem that the main 2 actors are (so far) part of that event
    I've been wanting to go to the Mansfield prison for several years. My cousins go there every couple of years for the ghost hunting tours. I haven't been able to coordinate a trip there with them since I used to live near Chicago, and now live in Austin.
    Wanted:

'Salem's Lot Portfolio #606

Fairy Tale UK S/L

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Today I asked to see a pristine first edition of Blood Meridian from behind the glass at a local used book store until the owner told me it was $2500. I had no idea!

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by amd013 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I've been wanting to go to the Mansfield prison for several years. My cousins go there every couple of years for the ghost hunting tours. I haven't been able to coordinate a trip there with them since I used to live near Chicago, and now live in Austin.
    My wife took me to the 20th reunion....was VERY VERY cool. I got my King signed DF signed also by Bob Gunton (warden)...The tree (or what was left after a lightning strike) was still standing then. There was a whole tour of all the places, prison, woodshop, bank, courthouse, cabin in woods etc...They showed the movie...too much to remember. I REALLY loved it.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Goldmember Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker people like to rub elbows with me Room 217 Caretaker's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dawg View Post
    Today I asked to see a pristine first edition of Blood Meridian from behind the glass at a local used book store until the owner told me it was $2500. I had no idea!
    This is one of those books the copyright page states First Edition but counts down to the number 2. It's been known to pick one up for a steal because the seller thought it was a second print.

Mulleins
    I'm the caretaker of Room 217..............I've always been the caretaker of Room 217

Servant of Gan shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq is a splendid one to behold shaq's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shaq View Post
    I'd say so. VJ Books is charging $60 pre-ordered, $100 once it's released.
    Thanks, I saw that too, nearly bought one from there, but also noticed Barnes and noble were selling them at a discounted rate.

Waiting patiently for Pullman’s book of dust book 2 to be released by them as a signed copy too.

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

No criticism of Jeff Bezos, just something funny that I wanted to share.

This pic:

https://twitter.com/rationalwalk/sta...74567675817984

...reminds me of this awesome SNL video:

It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

This is not a bad price for a Fine/Fine copy of this one! Especially if it doesn't have a remainder mark on the text block...

Gunslinger Apprentice Dr. Dawg is on a distinguished road Dr. Dawg's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by lotuz View Post
    This is not a bad price for a Fine/Fine copy of this one! Especially if it doesn't have a remainder mark on the text block...
    Yes, the bookstore owner mentioned that many/most of these have a remainder mark, but this one does not. I'd be tempted, but other than Suntup's edition of the Road (pre-ordered!), I haven't started collecting McCarthy. I think eventually I'll go after the King Double Day editions first, but now I have a sense for what collecting McCarthy would take... It's good to know about the number line too. I would have thought second printing for sure..

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

It's Random House. I don't know if they still do it - but their first editions/printings used to always start with 2.
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Country
    Country Flag

I just won a $200 Amazon gift card!

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Yay Brian! Give it to me...

I am an easygoing guy, but I HATE that strike zone pitch speed graphic they show on broadcast baseball games.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Yay Brian! Give it to me...

I am an easygoing guy, but I HATE that strike zone pitch speed graphic they show on broadcast baseball games.
    The wife has already laid claim to it, buddy.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have a 2012 F150 XLT. It JUST rolled 30000 miles (50k here in Canada). The thing is brand new... MINT as a new book on the shelf. They just told me the tranny is going. WTF??? How is that even a possibility!?? It is babied and stored indoors... oh well.. welcome to my week!

PS: It is $8200 CAD for a new one. WTF????!!!
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

+ Reply to Thread
Page 753 of 971 FirstFirst ... 253 653 703 743 751 752 753 754 755 763 803 853 ... LastLast