Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 747 of 971 FirstFirst ... 247 647 697 737 745 746 747 748 749 757 797 847 ... LastLast
Results 18,651 to 18,675 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Room 217 Caretaker View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm sure there are others out there who feel the same, but man, I am so sick of being sick!!!!!!!!Hopefully, this last procedure I'm recovering from will be the end of it for awhile.
    Best of luck, Bill and a speedy recovery.
    It will all be good for Bill, they discovered during last visit he had an abnormal brain. It's been replaced with a good brain (or so that's what they said).

The brain error was the fault of the laboratory assistant picking up one called.....Abi something.

Mulleins
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    The brain was AB...normal.

I needed that!!!! Thanks!!!

Citizen of Gilead darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all darkseer is a name known to all

My Mood
    Sleepy
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope you start feeling better soon.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    I'm sure there are others out there who feel the same, but man, I am so sick of being sick!!!!!!!!Hopefully, this last procedure I'm recovering from will be the end of it for awhile.
    Hope you recover soon, Bill!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Wanted to say thanks to so many of you that have ordered my book!

If you know anyone outside the forum that you think would be interested, please share! All orders placed already (up to this Friday) will be entered to win a Dunkin Donuts gift card!

ORDER LINK: www.inkshares.com/books/showtime
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Get better Bill; constantly being sick or having procedures really sucks.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

So I'm now Logistics Manager for three weapon systems around the world (BMEWS/PAVE Paws, PARCS, and GLOBUS II), but we lost the sustainment contract so I'm essentially packing these up and moving them along to the next Prime. What's next? We're competing for a $2B contract (called MOSSAIC), and if we are successful they want me to be the PSI ... Product Support Integrator, which means I'll be the one to plan and initiate the whole shebang. Of course, if we lose I'm out of a job so it's $2B or nada. This is the life of a DoD contractor. ** sigh **
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

GOOD LUCK, GOOD MOJO and all that George!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks David, every little bit helps!

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    GOOD LUCK, GOOD MOJO and all that George!
    Yes. Best of luck!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Good luck!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Other worlds Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick has a reputation beyond repute Patrick's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Hope you feel better, Bill!

Good luck, George!
    "...that Siren which called and sang and promised so much and gave, after all, so little." ~ Ray Bradbury

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Fun things I’ve learned from movies and TV shows:

1. Fire can not hurt you, no matter how close it gets, as long as you don't touch it.
    2. Once shot by a gun (99% of the time in the left or right shoulder), you can run, sing, dance and carry on as if nothing happened with no shock whatsoever.
    3. Silencers really do deaden the sounds of pistols and rifles to a barely heard 'phhttt'.
    4. There exist tranquilizers that will instantly drop you in your tracks a nano-second after being injected.
    5. When cars collide on level streets, they fly into the air.
    6. If someone doesn't say "I'm so sorry" in the show, it has been edited out.
    7. It is very easy to survive a helicopter crash.
    8. A 90 pound woman can kick a 250 pound man all the way across a room.
    9. The same virus that turns people into flesh eating zombies also transforms every man, woman, girl and boy into a gun expert and a crack shot.
    10. If you’re having an intense conversation from the passenger seat, watch out for that car coming right at you from an alley or a side street!
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Good stuff
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Thanks very much everyone.

For the list above, you forgot "Quicksand will always have a vine hanging or stick laying nearby … if you're the good guy."

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Fun things I’ve learned from movies and TV shows:

1. Fire can not hurt you, no matter how close it gets, as long as you don't touch it.
    2. Once shot by a gun (99% of the time in the left or right shoulder), you can run, sing, dance and carry on as if nothing happened with no shock whatsoever.
    3. Silencers really do deaden the sounds of pistols and rifles to a barely heard 'phhttt'.
    4. There exist tranquilizers that will instantly drop you in your tracks a nano-second after being injected.
    5. When cars collide on level streets, they fly into the air.
    6. If someone doesn't say "I'm so sorry" in the show, it has been edited out.
    7. It is very easy to survive a helicopter crash.
    8. A 90 pound woman can kick a 250 pound man all the way across a room.
    9. The same virus that turns people into flesh eating zombies also transforms every man, woman, girl and boy into a gun expert and a crack shot.
    10. If you’re having an intense conversation from the passenger seat, watch out for that car coming right at you from an alley or a side street!
    Reminds me of Letterman's Top Ten list.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

If you're the good guy, car doors will stop bullets. Or the bad guys will just be really bad shots. Also the enemy will continually fire at you trying to kill you but if you surrender to them, they will just point their weapons at you and tie you up.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

If there is a bad guy, a monster or something scary pursuing you, your keys will fail to work, cars will fail to start and windows apparently can't be broken.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

This reminds me of these that I wrote some time back:

Whenever the cop says lock down the perimeter, you know the bad guy is getting out.

At 20 minutes in, and they're about to catch the main bad guy, he will slip away so they can catch him later toward the end of the movie.

When the cops enter the bad guy’s house by surprise, he's never at home.

Scenes we'd like to see:

Helpless housewife pulls out a gun from the kitchen drawer while making dinner and shoots the murderer sneaking up behind her.

There are no red or blue wires on the bomb. There is no 3 seconds left to detonation. There is no bomb.

There are no helpless women.

When firing into the back window of a car speeding away from law enforcement one or more of the bullets actually strikes the driver and the vehicle rolls to a stop.

The woman tied to the table in her underwear is about to be cut apart by a serial killer. There is no hero who magically appears by kicking down the door just in time to save her, because there is no woman tied to the table. She is in the kitchen making a sandwich for her son.

One of The Few The Proud CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA has much to be proud of CRinVA's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Speaking of procedures. I am having a Vitrectomy in a couple of weeks. I have Vitreomacular Traction, otherwise known as a hole in the Macula, which is the central prat of the retina responsible for visual focus. While my right eye is fine, if I close it and rely on the left eye everything is visually distorted and blurry. If I am at a red light a couple cars back and look with left eye only it simply disappears. If I am a dozen cars back the entire light fixture disappears.

While the surgery has an extremely high success rate, the real issue is the week after the surgery. I will have to have my head looking down for 45 minutes of every waking hour and sleep face down for at least three days. I am renting a chair/device that will enable me to sit face down and still watch the TV or read. No driving however!
    DT Spoiler - Enter at your own risk!

Spoiler:
    I can’t remember if I cried
    When I read about Eddie’s widowed bride,
    And something touched me deep inside
    The day the bumbler died.”

Click CAN' Ka No Rey for the entire poem, published in Lighthouse VI!

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CRinVA View Post
    Speaking of procedures. I am having a Vitrectomy in a couple of weeks. I have Vitreomacular Traction, otherwise known as a hole in the Macula, which is the central prat of the retina responsible for visual focus. While my right eye is fine, if I close it and rely on the left eye everything is visually distorted and blurry. If I am at a red light a couple cars back and look with left eye only it simply disappears. If I am a dozen cars back the entire light fixture disappears.

While the surgery has an extremely high success rate, the real issue is the week after the surgery. I will have to have my head looking down for 45 minutes of every waking hour and sleep face down for at least three days. I am renting a chair/device that will enable me to sit face down and still watch the TV or read. No driving however!
    I know a guy that went through a similair surgery and had to lay on his stomach for quite some time while it healed. I think he said he could be upright to eat but after that it was face-down again. He said he spent a lot of time staring at a mirror so he could watch TV and generally see what was going on around him.

He also said he wouldn't wish the experience on his worst enemy.

Good luck!
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Tomorrow is race day for me. I built this machine with my brother in law and some mechanic buddies of mine. It’s supercharged and FAST. I have Entered a few ice drags (literally hitting 100mph ++++ on frozen lakes) and won by a long shot. Tomorrow I race the biggest, baddest guys out there in my neck of the woods. Hoping to bring home some metal! Wish me luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Honky Mahfah MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute MikeDuke has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Cool

Nice. Details though. What kind of motor. Is it fiberglass? It does look like a serious machine. Good luck Kris.

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Nox Injection? Sweet....
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Full NOS injection with a 20 or 30 shot. Will put you back like a jet fighter. It is a 1000CC fully built engine by Packard Racking with a supercharger. It has headers and full exhaust and sounds like a F1 car. It is a 5-speed manual clutch and can clutch dump at 15000RPMS. It is a BEAST in every sense of the word! 0-60mph in at just about the 3 second mark. The body is all designed by me and is plastic. It has 4x4 diff lock and viable speed torque. Basically it is a little rocket that weighs about a 1000lbs. lol
    TOTAL BUILD COST: $67555.00 CAD
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Wow that's sweet - good luck!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 747 of 971 FirstFirst ... 247 647 697 737 745 746 747 748 749 757 797 847 ... LastLast