Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 729 of 971 FirstFirst ... 229 629 679 719 727 728 729 730 731 739 779 829 ... LastLast
Results 18,201 to 18,225 of 24268

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Getting one of these alerts (not the presidential one specifically, as that started today) sure is weird when action is actually required: the only time I recall me/my family getting one was in the middle of the night (maybe 3 AM) for a tornado warning; we actually had to prepare to grab our cats and move to our basement (although never actually did). All of the phones went off; my first thought was "alien invasion."
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

One bit that answers the question we were all thinking (yes, even me):

It's called the "presidential alert," but the President doesn't actually write it.

Instead, FEMA officials confer with other government agencies and the White House, select one of several pre-written messages, customize the message to fit the particular emergency and send it out.

"The President will not originate this alert, say, from his mobile device," a senior FEMA official told reporters on Tuesday. "You would not have a situation where any sitting president would wake up one morning and attempt to send a particular message."

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

You mean kinda like this?

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Thanks for posting this, Adam. Weirdly, I googled Harris just last week to see if anything was coming. Really glad to hear about it now. Can't wait!

Incidentally:
    Fellow novelist Stephen King has remarked that if writing is sometimes tedious for other authors, to Harris it is like "writhing on the floor in agonies of frustration", because, for Harris, "the very act of writing is a kind of torment".
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

looks like Yankees will beat the A's leaving match-up Yankees - Red Sox....As a Red Sox fan, that makes me VERY nervous as I think the Sox (despite having best record in baseball) were in a bit of a slump the last few games and lost 2 of 3 to Yanks....I fear the worst.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

One more and then back to other job (til 2am urgh)...

Tomorrow (Thursday)...am headed to NYC for Comic Con....not as splashy as the daddy SDCC, but still pretty impressive. My artist friend Jae Lee going to be there again )he was last year), so I'm getting him to sign a bunch more things for me.

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

Arby's is a play on words for "roast beef."

That is all.

Weedeater Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack people like to rub elbows with me Hunchback Jack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post

Tomorrow (Thursday)...am headed to NYC for Comic Con....not as splashy as the daddy SDCC, but still pretty impressive. My artist friend Jae Lee going to be there again )he was last year), so I'm getting him to sign a bunch more things for me.
    That's really cool. I will admit that it took a long time for Lee's style in the Dark Tower Comics to grow on me, but it really did. The only remarque I own is a Lee Remarque of Roland in a TWTTK Grant Artist edition, and I freaking love it.

HBJ
    “If you don't know what you want," the doorman said, "you end up with a lot you don't.”
    ― Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

Looking for SubPress Lettered::
    Angel's Game and Prisoner of Heaven (Zafon)
    Ilium (Simmons)

Servant of Gan Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker has a brilliant future Lurker's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

looks like Yankees will beat the A's leaving match-up Yankees - Red Sox....As a Red Sox fan, that makes me VERY nervous as I think the Sox (despite having best record in baseball) were in a bit of a slump the last few games and lost 2 of 3 to Yanks....I fear the worst.
    MOOKIE!!!!!!
    Looking for FAB8 CD Number 439

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I envy you as I believe Hill is going to be there as well.
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

My Mood
    Yeehaw

The Sox are definitely set up for what would be a particularly frustrating loss.

Having said that - 2004.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Hunchback Jack View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Thanks for posting this, Adam. Weirdly, I googled Harris just last week to see if anything was coming. Really glad to hear about it now. Can't wait!

Incidentally:
    Fellow novelist Stephen King has remarked that if writing is sometimes tedious for other authors, to Harris it is like "writhing on the floor in agonies of frustration", because, for Harris, "the very act of writing is a kind of torment".
    My apologies if I screw up the link, but anyone going to be at this?

https://talentshadows.events/event/s...-cage-?src=ref

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    The Sox are definitely set up for what would be a particularly frustrating loss.

Having said that - 2004.
    Go Braves!
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

Having said that - 2004.
    Go Braves!
    Go anyone not the Brewers!

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Having said that - 2004.
    Go Braves!
    Go anyone..just not the damn yankees

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Yankees vs. Red Sox is pretty much

vs

Also, we do have a baseball thread here:

http://www.thedarktower.org/palaver/...hings-Baseball
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Rabid Billybumbler Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of Joe315 has much to be proud of

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by HONKYTONKSMASH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe315 View Post

Having said that - 2004.
    Go Braves!
    Them too

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

I am so happy that the Cubs are out. They went from tops in the NL to done in the matter of three games!

That being said, let’s go Brewers!!! Colorado matches up well, but Milwaukee is by far the better team. I’ll be putting in my ticket order for the NLCS later on today!

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    I am so happy that the Cubs are out. They went from tops in the NL to done in the matter of three games!

That being said, let’s go Brewers!!! Colorado matches up well, but Milwaukee is by far the better team. I’ll be putting in my ticket order for the NLCS later on today!
    They (Cubs) certainly didn’t play like the best. That they won 95 games is a miracle unto itself. They scored 1 or less runs 40 times this year, 2nd only to the orioles who lost over 100 games. Brewers have a killer offense and a great bullpen. If the starters keep them in it they’ll do well.

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Attended New York Comic Con today....Really, went to see artist Jae Lee who was there for second consecutive year. Had a nice talk with Jae and got 10 books signed.

Gunslinger Apprentice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin is just really nice Earl of Popkin's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Attended New York Comic Con today....Really, went to see artist Jae Lee who was there for second consecutive year. Had a nice talk with Jae and got 10 books signed.
    Congrats and solid acquisition!!

How was the con? Any Kingian cosplayers or Charlie the Choo-choos to be seen?

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Picked up the Creepshow poster?

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

no and no

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Sotheby's sold a Banksy painting - Girl With Red Balloon - for £1.042m last night.

As soon as the hammer fell the painting fed itself through a shredder hidden in the frame.

Banksy posted this photo on Instagram with the comment, "Going, going, gone."

"One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 729 of 971 FirstFirst ... 229 629 679 719 727 728 729 730 731 739 779 829 ... LastLast