Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 723 of 972 FirstFirst ... 223 623 673 713 721 722 723 724 725 733 773 823 ... LastLast
Results 18,051 to 18,075 of 24292

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    This ain't his first rodeo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Not to go on all fours; that is the Law. Are we not Men?. T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47 people like to rub elbows with me T-Dogz_AK47's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Is he coming back on?

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimimck View Post
    Is it just me, or are several members in a very cranky mood today? It's like "the Ides of August" today.
    Is this why Bill has been blocked from the forum?
    Bill was banned (timed out) for 24 hours for violations of site policy.
    You will have to ask him.
    I asked him and he said he was still unable to login to the forum...

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

He should contact an administrator.

Can Toi Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck has a reputation beyond repute Jimimck's Avatar

New Zealand (pronounced Noo Zeeland if you want to get the accent right...)
    My Mood
    Angelic
    Country
    Country Flag

Can you please let me know if Bill should be able to access the group again? It’s been more than 24 hours so if there is a technical problem, I’ll be happy to try and help him through it.

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I hate it when you get an email saying that a (french) obscure publication printed in supposedly 5 copies which I thought i'd never see, is now available for sale at a reasonnable price... but link says that the product is not available.
    After discussing with the seller, I found out that it was a glitch in the matrix and the item was sold a couple of years ago... :-(

Oh well, I guess, i'll never add it to my collection
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

I’m moving and trying to figure out how to protect my collection during transport. Has anyone here moved their collection from one house to another? Got any tips?

I’m looking at ordering a couple rolls of 9”x12” and storing the bubble wrapped books in plastic bins for extra protection.

https://m.uline.com/h5/r/www.uline.c...Bags-on-a-Roll
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I think there is a thread here that discusses this. I've moved multiple times and used a combination of plastic bins, bubble wrap, and cardboard to sandwich more important books. The one thing I would do differently is to use higher quality bins. I had a move which one bin became crimped which concerned me. I also wrapped and packed my own collection. When we used movers they only moved the boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    I’m moving and trying to figure out how to protect my collection during transport. Has anyone here moved their collection from one house to another? Got any tips?

I’m looking at ordering a couple rolls of 9”x12” and storing the bubble wrapped books in plastic bins for extra protection.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post

I like the bubble wrap and plastic bins idea.

That size will hold most trade editions. It might be too small for thicker books.

Personally I'd probably buy rolls of small bubble wrap and cut it to the length I want, using tape to seal it. You'd be able to cover larger books that way.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I also used plenty of packing peanuts, bubblewrap, and/or PB's (readers only) to fill in the voids in the bins.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I like the bubble wrap and plastic bins idea.

That size will hold most trade editions. It might be too small for thicker books.

Personally I'd probably buy rolls of small bubble wrap and cut it to the length I want, using tape to seal it. You'd be able to cover larger books that way.
    Thanks, Brian. I’m relieved to hear you think it’s a good strategy. I’m debating the roll of standard bubble wrap idea too. The bags idea is probably me just being lazy. I must have somewhere around 250-300 books now (hell, that’s a guess too...could be 500 for all I know) so I was thinking with bags I could easily maintain a uniform wrapping job for each book. Screw it I might just order a roll of each and see how it goes. Collectors can never have enough bubble wrap anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    I also used plenty of packing peanuts, bubblewrap, and/or PB's (readers only) to fill in the voids in the bins.
    Thanks, Tim. Oh good call! I almost forgot the damn peanuts. I’m thinking I’ll line the inside of each bin with a layer of bubble wrap and then peanuts (or PB readers- great idea) for any space in the middle.

Hey thanks a lot, guys! Much appreciated.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I would also make sure and label bins against a spreadsheet or checklist. It made is easier for me to unpack and check on the more important items.

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

Due to compilations from my surgery 10 weeks ago, I go into the hospital tomorrow for additional surgery.

Citizen of Gilead bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19 has a brilliant future bdwyer19's Avatar

My Mood
    Amused
    Country
    Country Flag

Due to compilations from my surgery 10 weeks ago, I go into the hospital tomorrow for additional surgery.
    Sorry to hear, Jerome. Hope this surgery puts you back in the right direction.

Live it. webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000 is loved more than Jesus webstar1000's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear this RF...
    HELP ME FIND
    Insomnia #459
    ANY S/L #459

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

RF, you are in my prayers.

John

Maerlyn's Imp HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH has much to be proud of HONKYTONKSMASH's Avatar

My Mood
    Cool
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear that, man. Get better soon!

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

sorry man

rest up - good luck

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by bdwyer19 View Post
    Sorry to hear, Jerome. Hope this surgery puts you back in the right direction.
    GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute jeffingoff has a reputation beyond repute

Country
    Country Flag

Sorry to hear that. Wishing you health and a quick recovery.

Demon of the Prim lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz has a brilliant future lotuz's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I have moved twice, and here is my method:

I purchase (or re-use) cardboard "banker's boxes". I sort the books by size, and for the medium to small books, I put them in the boxes as if I were putting them on my shelves. Snug, but not tight, all upright with the spine in the middle of the box. Sometimes just one row, sometimes two, depending on weight. Having heavy boxes is bad. In the voids I put packing peanuts or crumpled acid-free tissue paper or old bubblewrap. I lay the larger books down, and limit them to only a few per box. Any really expensive books I pack as if I am going to ship them - individual bubble wrap, lots of packing peanuts. So far I have not lost any books in a move.

That said, I don't think the bubble wrap and plastic bins is a bad idea at all - just sharing my experience.

The biggest thing I would caution is the weight - heavy containers are more likely to cause damage and to get damaged

Oz the Gweat and Tewwible mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae seldom gets put on hold mae's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Be well, Jerome!

Weedeater ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai has a brilliant future ladysai's Avatar

Goodmind to you & your family, RF.

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Get well. Good luck.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

Get well soon, Jerome!
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

The Road Virus vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent is a splendid one to behold vincent's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Best wishes for tomorrow and a speedy recovery RF

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    https://blog.uantwerpen.be/stephenking: my blog "Stephen King at Work".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 723 of 972 FirstFirst ... 223 623 673 713 721 722 723 724 725 733 773 823 ... LastLast