Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 705 of 971 FirstFirst ... 205 605 655 695 703 704 705 706 707 715 755 805 ... LastLast
Results 17,601 to 17,625 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Today is my 35th wedding anniversary. I’m a much better person because of her. No doubt about it.
    CONGRATS!!!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.
    Luke : Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand

Servant of Gan George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs people like to rub elbows with me George at C-Springs's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Mike.
    WANT LIST: Any SK #186; Dark Man Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Unbound 1st Proof; FDNS Black Tape Spine Proof; FDNS Unbound Color Proof

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Congrats Mike buddy. A milestone.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Congratulations to everyone with big announcements here!

Today was a somber anniversary for me. It's been 19 years since my father died. This is always a crappy time of the year for me. Funny how things that happened decades ago are so vivid but I can't remember last week at all.

Wizard of End-World wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow has a brilliant future wizardsrainbow's Avatar

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

Sorry Tommy...my own father passed in April 1989, about 6 months before I even got married. I feel your loss. So sorry, but I bet your father would be proud of you!

Dragline : Nothin'. A handful of nothin'. You stupid mullet head. He beat you with nothin'. Just like today when he kept comin' back at me - with nothin'.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wizardsrainbow View Post
    Sorry Tommy...my own father passed in April 1989, about 6 months before I even got married. I feel your loss. So sorry, but I bet your father would be proud of you!
    "You must spread some reputation around before giving it to wizardsrainbow again"

Thank you so much! I was worried sharing that would sound like I was whining. I was the one who found my father and I don't think I've ever gotten over it. I'm sorry yours was not there for your wedding. It really is those big days that their absence is noticed the most. Mine passed before I graduated college. Gosh I don't know why tonight is so bad! One of the last things he saw was the Columbine shooting. 19 years later and nothing's changed. Sheesh, sorry everyone.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Tommy sorry for your loss and that you still deal with it even after all the years. I can understand. I am certain that your father would only want for you to be happy. My dad has been gone 16 years now. The last time I saw him, I hugged him goodbye, knowing it was the last time. He’s always with me, as I’m sure your dad is and anyone who has lost someone close.

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Can’t imagine what losing a father is like. All I can say is I’m not looking forward to it in the slightest. Sorry Tommy.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Most of my close relatives are gone. I have a brother, and two aunts and one uncle left out of 17, odd number due to remarriage.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Honky Mahfah biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future biomieg has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

My father passed away unexpectedly in 1991 at the age of 41, one day after my 17th birthday. I am an optimist but yeah, that time life really wasn’t fair...

I feel your pain, guys!

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Lost both my parents a few years back and if it were not for my children and wife.... my best to those with a smile on their face and love in their hearts...

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Well, this thread just stopped me in my tracks. It seems May is not a great month for Fathers.

My Dad passed away on the 15th May 2012, approx 7 months before I joined the Dark Tower. A fact I find it incredibly difficult to reconcile, as it feels like I have been on this site forever - but it seems like only yesterday I spoke to my father for the last time.
    "A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Staad View Post
    Let me try this again...Daughters high school graduation is next weekend...
    Same with me. It took her an extra 2 years and a ton of work from all involved including quite a bit of fighting with the school system to get her the extra help they kept insisting she didn't need, but we finally did it.
    Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

Goldmember Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861 seldom gets put on hold Brian861's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Let me try this again...Daughters highschool graduation is next weekend...

Daughter is graduation highschool next weekend! So excited for her but sad at the same time. I think I am more anxious and excited than she is.
    BTW. Thank You Mr. Merlin!
    Congrats to her, Ben!

Quote Originally Posted by jhanic View Post
    Today is my wife and my 51st anniversary.

John
    Congrats, John!

Quote Originally Posted by Pasiuk57 View Post
    Today is my 35th wedding anniversary. I’m a much better person because of her. No doubt about it.
    Congrats, Mike!

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Congratulations to everyone with big announcements here!

Today was a somber anniversary for me. It's been 19 years since my father died. This is always a crappy time of the year for me. Funny how things that happened decades ago are so vivid but I can't remember last week at all.
    It'll be 13 years in August since we lost my father. If you had a great father, it's just something you never quite put behind you. And maybe you shouldn't........
    You don't know my kind.....You don't my mind.....Dark necessities are part of my design.....

Quote Originally Posted by zelig View Post
    Tommy sorry for your loss and that you still deal with it even after all the years. I can understand. I am certain that your father would only want for you to be happy. My dad has been gone 16 years now. The last time I saw him, I hugged him goodbye, knowing it was the last time. He’s always with me, as I’m sure your dad is and anyone who has lost someone close.
    Thank you for the kind words and for sharing. Your dad would have much to be proud of indeed! You've made the family name known worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Can’t imagine what losing a father is like. All I can say is I’m not looking forward to it in the slightest. Sorry Tommy.
    Thank you. It's the hardest thing I've been through and I've been through some tough shit in my life (but who hasn't?). Death makes everything else seem easy by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Most of my close relatives are gone. I have a brother, and two aunts and one uncle left out of 17, odd number due to remarriage.
    Quote Originally Posted by biomieg View Post
    My father passed away unexpectedly in 1991 at the age of 41, one day after my 17th birthday. I am an optimist but yeah, that time life really wasn’t fair...

I feel your pain, guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sai Sheb View Post
    Lost both my parents a few years back and if it were not for my children and wife.... my best to those with a smile on their face and love in their hearts...
    Quote Originally Posted by stroppygoblin View Post
    Well, this thread just stopped me in my tracks. It seems May is not a great month for Fathers.

My Dad passed away on the 15th May 2012, approx 7 months before I joined the Dark Tower. A fact I find it incredibly difficult to reconcile, as it feels like I have been on this site forever - but it seems like only yesterday I spoke to my father for the last time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian861 View Post

It'll be 13 years in August since we lost my father. If you had a great father, it's just something you never quite put behind you. And maybe you shouldn't........
    A big thank you to everyone for sharing their stories of loss. Reading them helped a great deal.

Goldmember Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future Mr. Rabbit Trick has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I am Transylvania having dinner looking at Dracula's castle. Wonderfull experience.

Big Coffin Hunter Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing has a reputation beyond repute Ari_Racing's Avatar

My Mood
    Cheerful
    Country
    Country Flag

I've been trying to go there for the last three years but business gets in the middle. Next month I'll be in London for a week and again...not going to Romania, BUT I'll visit Scotland
    Wanted list:
    Ubris

Owner Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg is loved more than Jesus Randall Flagg's Avatar

North of "The Claw" & Patrick, East of Chad, RIP Bill Bender
    My Mood
    Pensive
    Country
    Country Flag

After months working on the Fundraiser; a break and a great beer are much needed...

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post
    After months working on the Fundraiser; a break and a great beer are much needed...
    It's been a long time since I've been to San Simeon.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

My Mood
    Busy
    Country
    Country Flag

mmmmmmmm beeeeer

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Ari_Racing View Post
    I've been trying to go there for the last three years but business gets in the middle. Next month I'll be in London for a week and again...not going to Romania, BUT I'll visit Scotland
    You should taste some Irn Bru, and obviously some whisky!
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram
    ------------------------------------------------

Gunslinger Apprentice FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough FlyerPhan0826 is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Randall Flagg View Post

Great view and well deserved beer. I'm jealous of the west coasters that can get their Pliny easily.

Servant of Gan Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb is a splendid one to behold Sai Sheb's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Love Irn bru.. and dandelion and burdock...
    And scotch...

Citizen of Gilead jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g is just really nice jon10g's Avatar

I posted this in the other authors section but thought I would put it here too.

Hi
    Is there anyone in the LA area who is likely to attend the David Lynch event on June 21st at the Theatre at the Ace Hotel for his new book Room to Dream? https://theatre.acehotel.com/events/...g-david-lynch/

I would love a signed copy of this book and am willing to pay good money for it.
    Thanks

Roont jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic has a brilliant future jhanic's Avatar

My Mood
    Tired
    Country
    Country Flag

Anybody have an idea of what's going on over at the Stephen King Message Board? It was taken down in the afternoon yesterday and is still down now. "Sorry, we're currently performing some maintenance. Please check back later." is all it says.

John

+ Reply to Thread
Page 705 of 971 FirstFirst ... 205 605 655 695 703 704 705 706 707 715 755 805 ... LastLast