Donate To Keep The Site Ad Free
+ Reply to Thread
Page 703 of 971 FirstFirst ... 203 603 653 693 701 702 703 704 705 713 753 803 ... LastLast
Results 17,551 to 17,575 of 24271

Thread: Random Comments/Stream of Consciousness Thread

"I'm working on my sense of humor" Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an seldom gets put on hold Br!an's Avatar

“No matter how cynical you get, it is impossible to keep up” -Lily Tomlin
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by St. Troy View Post
    I’m really good at separating the work from the person. I’ll raise a toast when Jane Fonda drops dead, but she’s a good actress and I’ll watch her movies.
    I'm sure Jane Fonda really cares what a war crime apologist thinks. As do we all.
    "One day you're going to figure out that everything they taught you was a lie."

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin1958 View Post
    Random observation. Funny how folks will trend on about anything. Just was noticing that everyone and their mothers' seems to now be posting "Non-King" collections threads. Hell, I always put just about everything save the kitchen sink in my (now) mundane "collection thread". lol However, now it appears "cool to have two seperate threads, a King items & a non=king items thread. lol so, will "Proof", "ARC", foreign & domestic threads soon follow? lol

It's cool BTW by me and as long as folks are enjoying themselves, more power to them. I just find it a bit humorous in my own twisted sense of humor. lol Let's have "Detective story", Sci-Fi, biography and maybe drama story threads as well!!! lol lol J/K I LOVE people!!!!

BTW, anyone got a "Wardrobe thread"? LOL LOL I connect things strangely in my thoughts. When I saw these this popped into my mind for some reason..........................

Spoiler:
    Last I checked there were six or seven threads and there’s not much action within them. I’m getting the feeling you’re not the only one that thinks they’re laughable. I thought it was a fun idea so I posted some things, but (and I don’t mean this contentiously) I can take a hint.
    Looking for Mister Slaughter S/L #78

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

Barbarella - yum...
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

And the people bowed and prayed, to the cell phone god they made...

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Father Cody View Post
    Random observation. Funny how folks will trend on about anything. Just was noticing that everyone and their mothers' seems to now be posting "Non-King" collections threads. Hell, I always put just about everything save the kitchen sink in my (now) mundane "collection thread". lol However, now it appears "cool to have two seperate threads, a King items & a non=king items thread. lol so, will "Proof", "ARC", foreign & domestic threads soon follow? lol

It's cool BTW by me and as long as folks are enjoying themselves, more power to them. I just find it a bit humorous in my own twisted sense of humor. lol Let's have "Detective story", Sci-Fi, biography and maybe drama story threads as well!!! lol lol J/K I LOVE people!!!!

BTW, anyone got a "Wardrobe thread"? LOL LOL I connect things strangely in my thoughts. When I saw these this popped into my mind for some reason..........................

Spoiler:
    Last I checked there were six or seven threads and there’s not much action within them. I’m getting the feeling you’re not the only one that thinks they’re laughable. I thought it was a fun idea so I posted some things, but (and I don’t mean this contentiously) I can take a hint.

Whoa, I'm not passing any judgements and as long as you folks are enjoying yourselves I think its great. Just nicked my funny bone is all and I decided to share. Post away, it's actually an idea with merit. Don't let my twisted sense of humor get in the way of a fun trend at all.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Goldmember Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody is a splendid one to behold Father Cody's Avatar

My Mood
    Chatty

Spoiler:

Whoa, I'm not passing any judgements and as long as you folks are enjoying yourselves I think its great. Just nicked my funny bone is all and I decided to share. Post away, it's actually an idea with merit. Don't let my twisted sense of humor get in the way of a fun trend at all.
    I enjoy your twisted sense of humor lol. I guess I misunderstood it this time. I interpreted it as “laugh at you, not with you” funny. Hey, I’m still getting to know you guys so my mistake!

Fundraiser Emeritus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958 is loved more than Jesus Merlin1958's Avatar

My Mood
    Breezy
    Country
    Country Flag

Spoiler:

I enjoy your twisted sense of humor lol. I guess I misunderstood it this time. I interpreted it as “laugh at you, not with you” funny. Hey, I’m still getting to know you guys so my mistake!
    No worries, dude we're cool.

To, Francis whoever you are thanks for the "Neg Rep" and "Whatever" comment. IDK what that is upposed to mean, but I don't think I deserved 'Neg Rep" for a humorous observation. You got a beef? Be man enough to post your issue and discuss it. Apparently 'Random Thoughts are a proceed at your own risk kind of endeavor these days.
    28 in 23 (?)!!!!

63 in '23!!!!!!!!!!

The Houston Astros cheated Major League Baseball from 2017-18!!!! Is that how we teach our kids to play the game now?????

Can Toi St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy has a brilliant future St. Troy's Avatar

My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post
    I’m really good at separating the work from the person. I’ll raise a toast when Jane Fonda drops dead, but she’s a good actress and I’ll watch her movies.
    I'm sure Jane Fonda really cares what a war crime apologist thinks. As do we all.
    It seems I'm miles above the surface of the Earth

I can see across the whole of London and beyond

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

I know that he used that anecdote often, but does anyone has any idea of where I can find a video in which Steve discusses the fact that a woman didnt want to believe that he wrote The Shawshank Redemption?

Thanks !
    ------------------------------------------------
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Prisoner of Gan Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute Ben Staad has a reputation beyond repute

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    Country
    Country Flag

I'm interested. What else are you thinking St. Troy?

Quote Originally Posted by Br!an View Post

Bastard Son of Cort stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin is loved more than Jesus stroppygoblin's Avatar

My Mood
    Fine
    Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by herbertwest View Post
    I know that he used that anecdote often, but does anyone has any idea of where I can find a video in which Steve discusses the fact that a woman didnt want to believe that he wrote The Shawshank Redemption?

Thanks !
    Here's a recent one: approx 11:30 in.

"A real limited edition, far from being an expensive autograph stapled to a novel, is a treasure. And like all treasures do, it transforms the responsible owner into a caretaker, and being a caretaker of something as fragile and easily destroyed as ideas and images is not a bad thing but a good one...and so is the re-evaluation of what books are and what they do that necessarily follows." - Stephen King

Gunslinger herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest has a reputation beyond repute herbertwest's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Thanks a lot !
    CLUB STEPHEN KING (french website about STEPHEN KING, since 1992) : on : Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Can Toi WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future WeDealInLead has a brilliant future

Country
    Country Flag

I'm in a giving mood today. If you like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6C_KgXCl6Q then you can download it here for free: www.deathwishinc.com/downloadvinyl The code is 90-2MVFDYLC

No catch, no rules. I bought the record and it came with one free download. I already have it on digital so one lucky person can have it.

Breaker Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode has a brilliant future Iwritecode's Avatar

A friend of mine on Facebook (actually she's a friend of my mom and probably in her late 60's) has posted this picture 2 or 3 times on her wall completely unironically.

I'm guessing she's never seen Star Wars and she doesn't get the joke...

Hearts are tough, she said, most times hearts don't break, and I'm sure that's right . . . but what about then? What about who we were then? What about hearts in Atlantis?

S P I R A L Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky has a brilliant future Ricky's Avatar

Country
    Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ur2ndbiggestfan View Post
    Ten things that bug me in movies and on TV

1. The totally bogus metal sliding on metal sound when a sharp (or even dull) blade is drawn from a non-metallic sheath, or sometimes just moved through the air!

2. The ‘wall’ filled with clippings, pictures, playing cards, laundry receipts, whatever, all connected by strands of yarn. I’m tired of seeing this darn thing.

7. Action and fight scenes consisting of no shots lasting more than half a second, with every arm, leg or other movement done from a different angle with a bobbing hand-held camera deliberately shaken.

8. The drowned character who comes back to life, spitting out water, after being thumped on the chest for about twenty minutes with the hero chanting. “No! No! No!” over and over again. It was great in THE ABYSS, but once was enough.

9. The vehicle coming out of the alley or side street to crash into the passenger side of a car from the driver’s POV, who is talking to the passenger. I think the first time I saw this was in THE FORGOTTEN, and again, once was enough.
    This gave me a good laugh. I can't stand them either. Especially the car thing!
    A NEW GAME BEGINS

Great Old One ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan people like to rub elbows with me ur2ndbiggestfan's Avatar

I thought of a couple more:

11. Constant gum chewing or eating; for example, Brad Pitt's potato chip eating in one of those awful Oceans movies, or Colin Farrell's gum chewing in True Detective season two.

12. The shot of a leg coming out of a car when it pulls up and parks. I'm always waiting for a long, sexy stem, and when it's some guy's I am like, you know, really disappointed.

13. The guessing of a password in order to open someone's computer in three tries or less.
    I'm sure if there is intelligent life somewhere out there in the universe, they are wise enough to stay away from us.

My Mood
    Chatty

13. The guessing of a password in order to open someone's computer in three tries or less.

That one’s as bad as the guys who can always knock someone out with one punch. Like all you have to do is punch someone and you’ll knock them unconscious? I don’t think it works like that.

Great Old One zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig seldom gets put on hold zelig's Avatar

My Mood
    Inspired
    Country
    Country Flag

Busting open the door with one kick.

That one’s as bad as the guys who can always knock someone out with one punch. Like all you have to do is punch someone and you’ll knock them unconscious? I don’t think it works like that.
    Obviously you haven't seen HARD TIMES with the great Charles Bronson.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I cringe when I hear the phrase "We've got company!".

My Mood
    Chatty

Obviously you haven't seen HARD TIMES with the great Charles Bronson.
    I haven’t.

I read Ebert's autobiography and really enjoyed it. Got the first edition and the Easton Press signed edition. He led an interesting life.

Gunslinger Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy seldom gets put on hold Tommy's Avatar

I read Ebert's autobiography and really enjoyed it. Got the first edition and the Easton Press signed edition. He led an interesting life.
    I miss him very much. He was the only film critic I read religiously and he taught me how to enjoy films on a higher level.

Can I borrow your EP edition? I haven't read it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    I miss him very much. He was the only film critic I read religiously and he taught me how to enjoy films on a higher level.

Nope. It's still encased in bulletproof shrinkwrap.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post

Nope. It's still encased in bulletproof shrinkwrap.
    Rats!

EDIT: Bulletproof shrinkwrap

+ Reply to Thread
Page 703 of 971 FirstFirst ... 203 603 653 693 701 702 703 704 705 713 753 803 ... LastLast